Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 102

Thread: GU vs Texas - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    1,676

    Default

    If we can make this a tough environment for Texas early, get them out of rhythm and keep them on there heels we have a shot. If we let Texas get going early, they take the crowd out we will have a long night. Timme and Nemby need to lead the charge, especially when we face adversity in this game. Limit turnovers, rebound well and keep ourselves honest from 3. We will have a good inside game.

    Zags 84
    Horns 87
    America's Team!

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    258

    Default

    I am afraid Zags will look like in Baylor game again. Not even close to competing
    I hope I’m wrong
    Last edited by Irish_eliZAG; 11-11-2021 at 01:59 PM.
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

  3. #28

    Default

    Awfully nervous about this one, but have never picked against the Zags, so.................
    Go Zags ! Beat the Longhorns.
    GU - 82 UT - 79

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laguna
    Posts
    7,918

    Default

    84-71 Texas win

    Jan 18,2018 the last loss in the Kennel 53 games ago

    I forget against who












    not.....74-71

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12,784

    Default

    This is going to be a great OOC game. The first among many this season. I love this Zag team. This is a game where we will see the best in our boys come out. This will be one of the best games in K2 in a long time. Probably since the Michigan State some years back where Michigan St beat us in a great game. However, that was back then with that Zag team which is not as good as this one. The Kennel Club is just to much and too crazy for the Longhorns. It's been such a long time since the Kennel Club has been able to get out there and doTHEIR thing. We are not one of the toughest arenas to play in for no reason at all.

    Sure the Longhorns have a lot of really good players, and are experienced, but they are in the same place as our boys are, learning to play together. It's all about chemistry when it comes to a game like this one...And I'll take Zag chemistry over the Longhour's. From what I've seen so far, the Zags can play some pretty tough defense when they want to. I don't care about how tough Beard's teams are and what Texas Tech did to the Zags. That was then and this is now. The Zags have some avenging to do in this one. Remember, this game is in OUR HOUSE. The KENNEL the home of the Zags. The Zags will give them a nice home court welcoming.

    Who knows, maybe this game will be called closer than that one back then at the Region Finals Tournament game. Zags may score 30 points at the foul line. When Few was asked about the 3 point shooting in a recent interview, he said that he was not worried about it at all. So in a huge game like this one, there is a good chance that the Zags will hit some big threes. We haven't seen the best of Timme yet, nor from NEmby...I think we will see that in this game. I'm looking forward to seeing how they play. Sure we have a lot of young players, but each and everyone of them is a winner, and they came to Gonzaga for one reason, to play in Huge Games like this one and be a winner and shine because they knew what and who Gonzaga is. I look forward to seeing our Freshmen shine...

    Zags 83
    Longhorns 79

    Go Zags!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

  6. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_eliZAG View Post
    I am afraid it will look like in Baylor game again. Not even close to competing
    I hope I’m wrong
    Could see it going this way, but we are at home.. that should count for something.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oakdale, CA
    Posts
    1,452

    Default

    Longhorns - 78
    Zags - 88

    Go Zags - Beat the Longhorns!!
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,961

    Default

    Extremely surprised with the predictions so far. Don't remember a thread with such results - even Baylor who we knew was awesome.

    That said, I agree:

    Texas 80
    Zags 70

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    10,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    This is going to be a great OOC game. The first among many this season. I love this Zag team. This is a game where we will see the best in our boys come out. This will be one of the best games in K2 in a long time. Probably since the Michigan State some years back where Michigan St beat us in a great game. However, that was back then with that Zag team which is not as good as this one. The Kennel Club is just to much and too crazy for the Longhorns. It's been such a long time since the Kennel Club has been able to get out there and doTHEIR thing. We are not one of the toughest arenas to play in for no reason at all.

    Sure the Longhorns have a lot of really good players, and are experienced, but they are in the same place as our boys are, learning to play together. It's all about chemistry when it comes to a game like this one...And I'll take Zag chemistry over the Longhour's. From what I've seen so far, the Zags can play some pretty tough defense when they want to. I don't care about how tough Beard's teams are and what Texas Tech did to the Zags. That was then and this is now. The Zags have some avenging to do in this one. Remember, this game is in OUR HOUSE. The KENNEL the home of the Zags. The Zags will give them a nice home court welcoming.

    Who knows, maybe this game will be called closer than that one back then at the Region Finals Tournament game. Zags may score 30 points at the foul line. When Few was asked about the 3 point shooting in a recent interview, he said that he was not worried about it at all. So in a huge game like this one, there is a good chance that the Zags will hit some big threes. We haven't seen the best of Timme yet, nor from NEmby...I think we will see that in this game. I'm looking forward to seeing how they play. Sure we have a lot of young players, but each and everyone of them is a winner, and they came to Gonzaga for one reason, to play in Huge Games like this one and be a winner and shine because they knew what and who Gonzaga is. I look forward to seeing our Freshmen shine...

    Zags 83
    Longhorns 79

    Go Zags!
    The combination of Timme and Holmgren will be on full display Saturday night, and it will send shivers down the spines of our future opponents. I’ve also noticed the athleticism, play making ability, and confidence of our guards. The Kennel will be on fire �� and the Zags will be unstoppable.

    Zags 97
    Horns 82

    Our frontcourt has the projected POY and the next #1 pick in the NBA draft. You double team either player at your own risk. These two big men are among the best passing big men in the country.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    84-71 Texas win

    Jan 18,2018 the last loss in the Kennel 53 games ago

    I forget against who












    not.....74-71
    SDSU?

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_eliZAG View Post
    I am afraid it will look like in Baylor game again. Not even close to competing
    I hope I’m wrong
    Not that humiliating, but bad enough. We lost three lion hearted leaders and no one has stepped yet, maybe Bolton. Long night on national tv.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laguna
    Posts
    7,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    SDSU?
    Your friend from Moraga

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    721

    Default

    I'm not worried.

    Zags - 82
    Texas University - 75
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    South Hill
    Posts
    845

    Default

    How to beat the Zags:

    Don't turn the ball over
    Offensive rebound
    Make your 3's

    I think some are a little snakebit with their predictions on this thread. Texas looked just as disjointed as GU in their exhibition game. The 3's aren't going to be easy with our size at guard and we have veterans. We are in our own house and the new guys are winners. The wildcard for me is how handsy the refs allow the defense to play.

    If they call handcheck and block fouls like they should, Zags win this one by 10.
    Ihre Papiere bitte

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    297

    Default

    The team will meet this moment. Might be ugly, but no way does Timme’s team lose to Texas.

    Gonzaga 94
    Texas 88

    Go Zags!

  16. #41
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,329

    Default

    This is one of the early games I think the guys will learn and grow from. I expect to see an extremely competitive game and hope for no injuries as always.

    Gonzaga 83
    Texas 88

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_eliZAG View Post
    I am afraid Zags will look like in Baylor game again. Not even close to competing
    I hope I’m wrong
    me too

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Few will be back.
    Kids figure out.
    Play smart.
    GU wins 78-72
    Low scoring game.
    Go Zags!

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    217

    Default

    zags 92
    horns 89

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wenatchee, WA & El Mirage, AZ
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Yep, I’m a homer and can’t pick against our guys. Zags > Horns. 83-76
    Keeping real estate real in the Wenatchee Valley since 1991.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Zags 87
    UT 81
    GO ZAGS!!!

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Greenville, North Carolina
    Posts
    1,177

    Default

    My mind’s telling me no.

    But my body.

    But my body is telling me 92-81 Zags. Think Few will clean up some of the ugliness we’ve seen so far.
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Predicting Zags win 79-72, but Zags win only if.....

    ....the Zags focus on lock down Defense well beyond the 3pt line. I don't see TX driving the lane for a layup (it will be swatted).

    TX will rely on their 3's and will make a high percentage if they have space. With Lock Down D, Zags prevail in a great one

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    53

    Default

    I have gone back and forth on this one, then I contracted COVID on my 71 st birthday last week, so probably not thinking clearly but I am taking the zags 84-81.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Its true Texas has some dudes! Most are older and are really good. Sounds like Baylor but this UT team has not faced any serious talent.
    Both teams have only played exhibition games or teams well north of 300 kenpom. Essentially they have only been practice games and i dont think you can take much from that. I dont see GU continuing to struggle from 3 nor do I see Texas getting that hot, of course I give the edge to Texas behind the arc given the small sample size.
    At this time in the season I think both teams are completely untested. I'm going with the team that returns 3 players that played real minutes from NC game playing at home.
    Zags by 7.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •