Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GU vs Texas - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

GU 94 - 82

Congrats Myzag but you still have to get to 76 to catch me.

Quote Originally Posted by GU69 View Post
    I think that we might see a slightly different Zag team than we have the previous games. I think that Timme and Nembhard have been holding back, letting the newcomers shine, but now we are into prime time.
    GU 85-75
    I kinda sense the same thing re: Timme and Nemby as well.

If focus is on Chet, Timme should feast.

Quote Originally Posted by bigblahla View Post
    Zags 88-76

Go!! Zags!!!
    The MAN has spoken!
    But we don't play nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by kylasdad View Post
    Texas looks great, they will be difficult to beat. They have TONS of experience. They can score and look to be able to defend at a high level. They hit the 3. They have a great coach. But…they are not a big team, Gonzaga starters are bigger at every position. (Mitchell is 6’ 9” and came off bench)

Carr 6’ 2”
    Ramey 6’ 3”
    Jones 6’ 4”
    Allen 6’ 6”
    Bishop 6’ 7”

Bolton 6’ 3”
    Nembhard 6’ 5”
    Strawther 6’ 7”
    Timme 6’ 10”
    Holmgren 7’ 0”

Texas won the rebound margin 32-31 against a similarly sized HBU team, but UT gave up 16 offensive rebounds while getting 8 of their own.

I say we win 78-68
    we were a lot taller than Baylor too.
    What I am hoping for is for REFEREES CALL FOULS AS THEY SEE THEM
    I mentioned earlier that I did not like the way Beard beat us with Texas Tech, calling so many fouls on TexTech in the first quarter I think they got embarrassed and realized it looked like one-sided reffing.
    Someone in here called me on this and said if I didn't like the way Beard wins with handsi-ness, then we should adopt their winning ways.
    What I don't like in sales, politics, sports, and voluntary organizations is people who live mostly in the grey zone, where most people are not willing to live. There are clear illegitimate plays, and clear cheating plays. In between is a grey zone where sleaze, con artists and manipulators like to life their lives, getting away with every loophole they can find, learning to cheat right up to the point where they get rarely get caught. If games against Beard were called accurately it would take an extra official and about 40 replay-reviews per game. Nobody is willing to do that, so Beard designs an entire defense on this: hard to detect smacking, pulling, whacking, pushing, hip shoving, grabbing and holding hands at angles where the refs do not have a good view, and generally what I call dirty play. That was my opinion of what i saw in that game. My critic was right, if that is the way most games are called to allow this, then every team is a fool to not do it. However, some teams will not play that way on defense out of respect for the sport, and wanting to beat somebody fair and square. it will take him time to teach the magic arts of hand movements so quick the eye can barely see them to all his new transfers. Maybe we will benefit from this. If they beat us without doing that, I say congratulations, if they beat us again by playing that way, I hope the whole game of D1 will wake up to the benefits of cheating without getting caught. I dont like businessmen who do this, athletes who do it to me, but I will not fight it by adopting that life style. I accept Socrates argument that other things equal the slave owner is a more corrupted person than the slave, because of what slaver has to do to another to keep profiting from the relationship.

I generally agree with you Zagsgozags.

I hope to see. . .

a Gonzaga win.

85 - 83, Zags.

Defense wins championships. The defensive skills of this year's edition of the Zags will get an early test versus the Longhorns.

#GoZags
    Last edited by RenoZag; 11-13-2021 at 07:47 AM.

The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

O/U originally set at 151 has amazingly dropped to 147 !/2. Hard to fathom, but a late load of Syndicate money is betting neither the Zags nor Longhorns can score as previously advertised. One thing I know for sure: They know more than I know. Zags win somewhat of a grinder: 74-71.

If the refs do not give Beard all those flops that his teams always pull Zags 93-78 If the refs call those flops for Beard, the Zags still win but it will be close Zags 81 Texas 78

Gu-74
    Texas- 71

Dylan Disu cleared to play tonight. Missed 1st game due to knee issue.

Avg 15 & 9 at Vandy.

Had a game of 30 & 16 vs Kentucky last season.

He adds some size (6'9", 230), strength, & athleticism to Texas' loaded roster.

Tre Mitchell, the A10 player of the year, put up 19 & 7, comes off the bench, yet he's 6'10" as well.

82-77 GU

In his first game back, is Few up to the task of coaching the game and riding the officials? He knows Beards strategy and coaching "methods". Does he sit back and watch it or does he become a factor? I hope that the fire in GU's players is only eclipsed by the fire in Few.

PS - if UT is hitting their 3s early, please do not wait until halftime to make an adjustment.

PSS - Another note to coach Few. As far as I know, your compensation is not tied to how many Time Outs you don't use. Just sayin......

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    If the refs do not give Beard all those flops that his teams always pull Zags 93-78 If the refs call those flops for Beard, the Zags still win but it will be close Zags 81 Texas 78
    So what you're saying is if I word it right I can have as many predictions as possible? Cool...

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Quote Originally Posted by bigblahla View Post
    So what you're saying is if I word it right I can have as many predictions as possible? Cool...

Go!! Zags!!!
    What better way to retain your title!?!? Play both sides! It is good to be the King ;-)

Zags 87
    Texas. 71

Go Zags!
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Zags 78

Longhorns 70

Zags cover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I think (hope) that the home crowd will help keep the refs from letting the horns get away with the usual crap that Beard's teams are known for

Putting in data entry placeholder for myself. Going to TRY and get the results posted tonight... but if this thing goes to OT or I get too tired it will be in the morning.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

GU has had very, very little success hitting 3's in the three previous games so I have little confidence that will change tonight...without us hitting 3's the inside gets clogged and our game plan is thrown off track...also we need to be able to RUN and RUN and UT will want to slow the pace down...

UT 78
    GU 74

Hopefully I am wrong and GU wins...

Zags 81
    UT 72
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

GU 84
    TX 78

I know the games not over but my pick is already feeling a bit foolish

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    I’ve never picked a visiting team to beat the Zags in the Kennel, but this Zags team does not look ready for a Final Four type of opponent.

Texas wins 85-80.
    Can I change my prediction at halftime?
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by ZANY View Post
    I know the games not over but my pick is already feeling a bit foolish
    Me too. Mine particularly foolish.

Have to say this that the defense is very, very good.

Half time we are looking good....go zags