• Hickman

1 1.22%
  • Sallis

0 0%
  • Someone else? Who?

0 0%

Thread: BZ Bulldog of the Game - Dixie State

Default BZ Bulldog of the Game - Dixie State

Tonight’s first test against Division I competition looked a little ragged at times, but the Zags still pulled out a 97-63 win. Chet Holmgren tied Gonzaga’s single game record with 7 blocks to go with a double-double. Strawther also had a double-double and was the game’s top scorer. Five Zags scored in double figures. Watson did a little bit of everything.

Who is tonight’s BZ Bulldog of the Game?

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId/401371246
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

Unicorn

According to ESPN, Holmgren is the first college player in 25 years to debut with at least 10 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists and 5 blocks. And he didn't even play that many minutes from what I remember. Gets my vote

Methow, WA (near a known Mark Few fishing hole)

Chet really stood out during moments of the game. Tying the blocks record in your first college basketball game with a double-double makes his POG status really stand out. I love the havoc he creates around the rim. I thought Nolan Hickman had a few nice sequences and Julian as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

If it wasn't for Chet it would've been much closer at half. Atrocious shooting from 3 and some sloppy play. This team will be exciting but will go through many growing pains.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by Spink View Post
    Unicorn
    - no offense but i'm already sick of that description and i know i will hear it 2 or 3 times every game i watch on t.v.

- by the way my vote went to the very unique, one of a kind, mystical tall player.

Chet and our bigs passed Dixie out of the zone.

Holmgren blew up the stat sheet and I loved it but had to go with Strawther. He’s got a swagger going on.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Quote Originally Posted by Spink View Post
    Unicorn
    He's three times the unicorn of Kristapps Porzingis. Chet is one tough hombre, KP is milquetoast.

Boy this was hard. I wanted to vote for Julian but Chet did it all. Voted for Chet.

Holmgren for sure, but Watson brought the intensity on defense tonight. He was flying around disrupting the Dixie kids at every turn.
    "Neck-ties are just maxi pads for your throat." - Ted Williams

Holmgren I'm surprised it's not unanimous. That was some kind of game he played tonight.
    Strawther was a good 2nd best and had a really good 2nd half. Strawther can score. We know that and tonight he had 10 board.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Unicorn could have potentially had a quadruple double... think that deserves top honors
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

This was tough. We actually got into a bit of a funk...got down to 10-12 point lead, and Strawther came in and absolutely took OVER. Everything changed at THAT moment. Strawther finished as the leading scorer, and with a double double. I BARELY gave Strawther the edge for those reasons.

That being said, I had no idea Chet apparently broke some records with his performance. Pretty incredible. Can absolutely make the (even stronger) case for Chet.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Holmgren was impressive, as was Strawther. Sallis is going to be a star.

However, I admire all the little things that Watson does that largely escape the stat sheet.

Team was ragged at times, and 3-point shooting was poor the first half except for Bolton.