Thread: One of these is not like the other

Default One of these is not like the other

From Miles Coleman on Twitter - https://twitter.com/coopertwatson/st...117365761?s=20

Tonight's notable televised CBB exhibitions:

- #1 Gonzaga vs Lewis-Clark St. (9:00 ET, live stream)
    - #10 Kentucky vs Miles College (7:00, SECN)
    - #19 UNC vs Elizabeth City St. (7:30, ESPN+)
    - #21 Maryland vs Fayetteville St. (7:00, B1G+)
    - Iowa vs Slippery Rock (8:00, B1G+)
    #1 team in the land relegated to the whims of a regional cable network

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    From Miles Coleman on Twitter - https://twitter.com/coopertwatson/st...117365761?s=20

It’s on NBC at my house, none of those others is on a major broadcast network. Maybe you just need to change your location.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    It’s on NBC at my house, none of those others is on a major broadcast network. Maybe you just need to change your location.
    Riiiiiiiiight.

I checked nbc tv guide for tonight and can’t find it. Must be different nbc
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_eliZAG View Post
    I checked nbc tv guide for tonight and can’t find it. Must be different nbc
    Try HBC. Hibernian Broadcasting Co.

Also, it looks like few games are now being listed on wcc page (still nothing on so called watch_whatajoke_stadium website):
    https://wccsports.com/watch/?id=6269488072001

But none of the games listed are for Gonzaga. So I am officially worried. It is like we’re going backwards. No. 1 team in the country that nobody can watch

Also, it looks like few games are now being listed on wcc page (still nothing on so called watch_whatajoke_stadium website):
    https://wccsports.com/watch/?id=6269488072001

But none of the games listed are for Gonzaga. So I am officially worried. It is like we’re going backwards. No. 1 team in the country that nobody can watch
    Where can we see the damn game on a stream? Stop with the nonsense.

Seriously. Where? Does KHQ allow streams outside its footprint?

Quote Originally Posted by 229SintoZag View Post
    Where can we see the damn game on a stream? Stop with the nonsense.

Seriously. Where? Does KHQ allow streams outside its footprint?
    Yes and no. The new AD and the SID told me it’s very complicated. Surely beyond my comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Thanks ceo! Stream seems to be working for me, and I've cast it on to my big screen...awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post

Tonight's notable televised CBB exhibitions:

- #1 Gonzaga vs Lewis-Clark St. (9:00 ET, live stream)
    - #10 Kentucky vs Miles College (7:00, SECN)
    - #19 UNC vs Elizabeth City St. (7:30, ESPN+)
    - #21 Maryland vs Fayetteville St. (7:00, B1G+)
    - Iowa vs Slippery Rock (8:00, B1G+)
    What is the purpose of this post?

There IS no "WCC TV" network. One would think that it's obvious that the WCC isn't the SEC (Kentucky game is on SECN), and isn't the Big "Can't Count past 10" (Iowa and Maryland games on the B1G+ which btw I don't get on Comcast). And so you know, ESPN+ is a streaming service ... so the Tar Heels game is only available via streaming as well.

If you're going to try to belittle the Zags' coverage, at least try to make some sense please.

“To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    ——-
    Some cherry picked stats

Most NCAA TOURNAMENT wins since 2015
    Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    Most FINAL FOUR wins since 2017
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post

There IS no "WCC TV" network. One would think that it's obvious that the WCC isn't the SEC (Kentucky game is on SECN), and isn't the Big "Can't Count past 10" (Iowa and Maryland games on the B1G+ which btw I don't get on Comcast). And so you know, ESPN+ is a streaming service ... so the Tar Heels game is only available via streaming as well.

If you're going to try to belittle the Zags' coverage, at least try to make some sense please.
    Kentucky struggled and was behind then pulled out second half….first exhibition they were pathetic with paint defense, tonight they all0owed other team to throw up 3 balls
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

I’ve had no issue streaming out of state, plug my iPhone into my TV and all good, not sure the griping about this one folks.

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post

The purpose of this post is to point out that a bunch of other big brand names in college hoops have some way to access their games if they aren't getting picked up on national television, yet the #1 team in the land STILL relies on SWX/KHQ/some other rinky-dink streaming service to get their games out to a national audience. If I was inclined I could PAY to watch an exhibition game for the Tar Heels, or Kentucky, or any other P6 school and have the option to rewatch it later if I so desired/needed to. If you can't see the difference between game coverage options that Gonzaga offers and those at other P6 schools I don't know what else to tell you. The fans of one of the premier college hoops teams in the country ought to be able to catch a live or archived game whenever they wish via some reliable and usable streaming service, like those fans at Duke, or UNC, or Kentucky, or Kansas, or even BYU can. For instance, there is no excuse in the year 2021 for this game to not be made rewatchable in the next day or so. I guarantee I can rewatch the UNC or Kentucky games via ESPN+ or SECN tomorrow if I signed up for the service.

Maybe try to keep in mind that these have been "exhibition games". ALL the real games are on real TV networks. I watched last nights game on the computer, not the best but OK for an exhibition game.

This is a solution in search of a problem, just like every year.

Go ZAGS

Last season I was able to watch the games on wcc network website. That does not seem to be the case this season.

Last season I was able to watch the games on wcc network website. That does not seem to be the case this season.
    Were there any exhibition games last year?
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

I was able to watch the exhibition game via wcc. But the season is about to start and none of the Gonzaga games are listed on wcc page. There are games of other wcc teams, no Gonzaga though.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNut08 View Post
    I’ve had no issue streaming out of state, plug my iPhone into my TV and all good, not sure the griping about this one folks.
    I do the same thing, except it's one of my Chromebooks hard-wired (with an HDMI cable) into my TV, and I was good to go. Seeing as how I can't get KHQ (either on cable or over-the-air) it's this way or internet radio. As much as I like Huddy and Ammo, I would prefer to see the game even if I have to put up with Greg and Dan.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !