Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 59

Thread: GU vs Dixie State - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    14,030

    Default GU vs Dixie State - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

    Since we don't do predictions on exhibition games... first up for the 2021-22 Zags is Dixie State Blazers. Last year, Zags thumped them 112-67. Do the Blazers exact some revenge or is going to be more of the same.

    What are you expecting to see? Hoping to see? Thoughts? Predictions?

    Have at it boys and girls!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Since we don't do predictions on exhibition games... first up for the 2021-22 Zags is Dixie State Blazers. Last year, Zags thumped them 112-67. Do the Blazers exact some revenge or is going to be more of the same.

    What are you expecting to see? Hoping to see? Thoughts? Predictions?

    Have at it boys and girls!
    Hoping to see Nembhard in complete control of the offense. Seeing the starters come out of the gate and Nembhard dictating pace and flow of the offense will be huge. I think he's the most important player on the team this year and in big games, he's going to be playing 35+ minutes a night.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    seattle, spokane
    Posts
    3,851

    Default

    GU 107
    Dixie 65

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,631

    Default

    112-67 Zags.

    It worked last year and I don't see this year being any different.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,959

    Default

    No injuries and Joe Few hits a 3.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    14,030

    Default

    Hoping to see short work for the starters and B-Mike looking to get walk-ons solid minutes. 4 blocks from Chet.

    Zag 105
    Blazers 65
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    19,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bouldin4Prez View Post
    Hoping to see Nembhard in complete control of the offense. Seeing the starters come out of the gate and Nembhard dictating pace and flow of the offense will be huge. I think he's the most important player on the team this year and in big games, he's going to be playing 35+ minutes a night.
    Perfectly said.

    All the stars will only reach their ultimate potential if Nembard is in total control, the general on the floor, the coach on the floor, the hard ass, the guy totally encouraging the guy down, it all runs through him, and I have no reason to doubt that he's going to have any trouble with the role at all.

    Thx LIZF for the HARD work in doing these. I am no good at them but
    GU: 105
    Dixie: 50
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,931

    Default

    GU - 103 -56

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Snorkeling the Washougal River
    Posts
    3,015

    Red face 1-0, it begins

    Bunch o' Hunches, a poem
    <ahem>
    Roses are red,
    Brimmin' with hunches.
    Methinks the Zags,
    Beat 'em by bunches.

    -------
    Bunches -- 101
    T'blazers -- 65




    :]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Former PNW, now Louisville, KY
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Hoping to see a better shooting percentage, and a much better FT shooting percentage.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Former PNW, now Louisville, KY
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Actually, hoping to see…The Game.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,365

    Default

    42% from 3 and 10 blocks equate to a 111-57 win for the good guys

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PNW Zagfan View Post
    Actually, hoping to see…The Game.
    Same. I though the wcc will stream all non-espn, cbs games on their website or watchstadium website once the season starts. But it does not look like Dixie State game is listed on wcc page.
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Us 110
    Them 71

    Chet with 6 blocks

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    487

    Default

    Zag 107-68

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wenatchee, WA & El Mirage, AZ
    Posts
    137

    Default

    101-62 in a tune up for Texas tilt.
    Keeping real estate real in the Wenatchee Valley since 1991.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Arcadia, Calif.
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagamatic View Post
    42% from 3 and 10 blocks equate to a 111-57 win for the good guys
    I will take the under on 42% from beyond the arc. I am very concerned about their 3pt shooting this year.

    97 -60
    Love the Zags!!!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    256

    Default


    So now when season starts I was looking forward to watch the zags games via wcc network, but like you can see, this is not possible. For years, those who do not live in Spokane or have no root sports channel, could watch the games via watchstadium/wcc network. Not anymore I guess. I doubt swx continues to stream the non-espn/cbs games, but maybe I'm wrong. The link to swx page is on the zags official schedule page as the 'live video' option so who knows.
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    I will take the under on 42% from beyond the arc. I am very concerned about their 3pt shooting this year.

    97 -60
    I'm concerned about 3pt% too. Yet, the guys apparently shot 38% last night from range. So just a few more makes bumps it up into the 40s.
    Perhaps they're missing on purpose to bait Texas into game planning that they can slack off on 3pt defense lol?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oakdale, CA
    Posts
    1,451

    Default

    Trailblazers - 61
    Zags - 103

    Go Zags - Beat the Trailblazers!!
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Mom’s Basement
    Posts
    8,179

    Default

    Zags win 99-64.

    I hope to see better three-point shooting from the guards. By my count, Nembhard, Bolton, and Hickman shot a combined 2-20 from beyond the arc over the two exhibition games.
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Spokane, Wa.
    Posts
    1,297

    Default

    - i think the zags nearly double up on the trailblazers
    - 116 to 61

  23. #23

    Default

    99-60 Gonzaga.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    PNWest
    Posts
    3,598

    Default

    Zags 102 - 64...

    Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    seattle, spokane
    Posts
    3,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_eliZAG View Post

    So now when season starts I was looking forward to watch the zags games via wcc network, but like you can see, this is not possible. For years, those who do not live in Spokane or have no root sports channel, could watch the games via watchstadium/wcc network. Not anymore I guess. I doubt swx continues to stream the non-espn/cbs games, but maybe I'm wrong. The link to swx page is on the zags official schedule page as the 'live video' option so who knows.
    root in seattle no longer shows gonzaga, it is the slave of ice hockey

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •