Thread: Oklahoma St 2022 post-season ban

Default Oklahoma St 2022 post-season ban

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...ng-violations/

"The NCAA also upheld all of its original punishments, sources said, including a three-year probationary period that will start effective immediately and end Nov. 3, 2024; a scholarship reduction of three over an unspecified period of time; and other recruiting restrictions (such as fewer days on the road, fewer official visits and phone call limitations) that were previously put in place and adhered to by Oklahoma State."

The NCAA managed to drag it out long enough to get Cade Cunningham in the tournament for 2 games.

I doubt this has much of an effect on the Anthony Black recruitment.

Just wait till Kansas gets a slap on the wrist

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...ng-violations/

"The NCAA also upheld all of its original punishments, sources said, including a three-year probationary period that will start effective immediately and end Nov. 3, 2024; a scholarship reduction of three over an unspecified period of time; and other recruiting restrictions (such as fewer days on the road, fewer official visits and phone call limitations) that were previously put in place and adhered to by Oklahoma State."

The NCAA managed to drag it out long enough to get Cade Cunningham in the tournament for 2 games.

Hard to tell that, don't you think? The kid might really want to play in the NCAA tournament and Ok St., currently the frontrunner, has been banned from it.

EDIT: nevermind, the ban is for this year's tournament in the '21-'22 season, not '22-'23 when Black would be present

On a related note; how unfair is it for the kids currently in the program that were still in high school when all the shenanigans went down? I never understood the postseason ban; why not just require Ok St. to forfeit their NCAA share(s) if they would be selected to the tournament instead? That would punish the school, not the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Hard to tell that, don't you think? The kid might really want to play in the NCAA tournament and Ok St., currently the frontrunner, has been banned from it.

EDIT: nevermind, the ban is for this year's tournament in the '21-'22 season, not '22-'23 when Black would be present
    They also get: a scholarship reduction of three over an unspecified period of time
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

On a related note; how unfair is it for the kids currently in the program that were still in high school when all the shenanigans went down? I never understood the postseason ban; why not just require Ok St. to forfeit their NCAA share(s) if they would be selected to the tournament instead? That would punish the school, not the kids.
    What's wild is that Oklahoma St got 4 transfers this year, from Memphis, Kansas, Texas Tech & Syracuse, all likely to be tournament teams.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    I have no inside knowledge whatsoever -- this is just me being cynical.

Ok St will lose some scholarships, but I think they're going to make room for their top PG target who is a heavy lean. The one thing is DOES change is that Black probably won't graduate early to go play for them this season (remember, his high school career is now over).

Couldn't agree more. The NCAA is punishing innocent athletes. In some cases, the coaches that participated in the violations are gone and are left unpunished.

At a time when the microscope is already on the NCAA, it's not a good time to be making people angry. It looks like Arizona is in the clear though... so I guess Tommy might be in the tournament.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Guess that spells impending doom for Pacific.
    But we don't play nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Guess that spells impending doom for Pacific.
    Rumor mill says UOP lost five scholarships as punishment...one would think they would have learned something over the past three years...sheesh