Thread: BIS Primer

Default BIS Primer

I'm here for my annual post.

Regarding Battle in Seattle....

Climate Pledge Arena is an awesome venue and huge improvement over Key Arena. I was at the Kraken/Canadiens game last Tuesday, and here are some observations/advice if you're attending BIS:

Get to Seattle Center early.

Parking is expensive. Think about mass transmit. The monorail is free from downtown if you have a game ticket.

Ozzie's has survived the pandemic. Buckley's will also be a popular pre/post game venue.

Masks are required in Climate Pledge Arena.

Proof of vaccination is also required. My strongest recommendation is to download the Clear app and set it up for Climate Pledge. If you have the Clear app, you will get in much faster than if you show your paper vaccination card. A picture of your vaccination record on your phone WILL NOT WORK, only the Clear app. A negative test alone will not be accepted unless it accompanies a valid proof of exemption from the vaccine from a medical professional or religious leader.

Download the CLEAR app from the Google Play or Apple App stores and tap the white Health Pass tile.
    Select ARENAS and CLIMATE PLEDGE ARENA.
    Easily enroll or verify your identity with a quick selfie.
    Follow the prompts to verify your proof of vaccination.

Bring your credit card. You can't purchase food/drink/merch in the arena with cash.

Make sure you're not maxed out on your credit credit card. Food and drink are pricey. $13 for a large can of Coors, for example.

Sight lines are very good, but it is a hockey arena. Expect the end zone seats to be a ways from the action.

The Kraken team store has some awesome gear. The official Adidas Kraken sweater (jersey) is very nice. Most locals go with dark home colors.

Welcome to Seattle!

Go Zags!
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Thanks, Santa.

From what I've been told, only the roof is the same (which dates back to when it was called Seattle Center Coliseum). The building itself is brand new.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    From what I've been told, only the roof is the same (which dates back to when it was called Seattle Center Coliseum). The building itself is brand new.
    All true.

Fun fact: the hockey ice is made from rainwater collected from the roof.
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

They should use UW Husky fans’ tears.

Thanks so much for the primer on the Climate Pledge Arena and the Battle in Seattle. Really appreciate the information. Attended several of the BISs in past years, excited to return to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    They should use UW Husky fans’ tears.
    There's certainly enough to go around
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

I hoping what I make selling my 2 extra tickets pays for my trip

Just a heads up re the CLEAR App. Thought I would go ahead and enroll and upload ID and vaccination info. Very easy to do.

HOWEVER, in looking at the QR Code it generated for the Climate Pledge Arena, it indicates it expires on 12/1/21, which is three days BEFORE the game. Not sure why, perhaps the newly obtained QR codes are only good for 30 days? Having my wife wait a few days before having her take the steps to enroll and upload information to see if it makes any difference.

EDITED TO FURTHER CLARIFY...
    Found a FAQ regarding the 30 day expiration: "While the Health Pass will expire after 30 days, your vaccination information will remain linked to your membership and will appear under the digital vaccine tile in the app. Once expired, you will just need to go through the Health Pass flow again to create a new Health Pass for your organization."

So it appears best to wait to within 30 days of the event.

https://climatepledgearena.com/2021/...verage-stores/

This is a really neat feature at Climate Pledge and it seems to be pretty popular. It diffidently reduces wait times at concessions. Please note your still only limited to two alcoholic beverages at a time.

Food is expensive! But they did hear the outcry's and reduced the $16 alcoholic beverages to $15. The $7 waters are now $5!

Video showing the process
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbM5jRHTsug

Quote Originally Posted by ZagZombie View Post
    https://climatepledgearena.com/2021/...verage-stores/

This is a really neat feature at Climate Pledge and it seems to be pretty popular. It diffidently reduces wait times at concessions. Please note your still only limited to two alcoholic beverages at a time.

Food is expensive! But they did hear the outcry's and reduced the $16 alcoholic beverages to $15. The $7 waters are now $5!

Video showing the process
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbM5jRHTsug
    I have been to several events at Climate Pledge and most likely you will run into an area where you will need to scan your items and then pay on the self checkout pad. If you get alcohol you will need someone to come over and input your DOB into the system before it finishes processing. There are far more of these than the automated store that is directly synchronized with Amazon.

Pretty sure a photo of your vaccine card will get you in. I've been to Sounders and Seahawks games recently with zero problems with photographic vaccination images accompanied by a driver's license.

Have had Kraken fan friends that have gotten in similarly (same venue as BIS).

The governor has mentioned that vax card photos are equally valid to digital methods. Not everyone has a smart phone, and even those can be unreliable with crappy apps.

You might have to do the "secondary screening" thing at Climate Pledge (and they are aholes for only promoting the privacy invading CLEAR app) but they're not stopping vaccinated people with alternative means of documentation based upon what I've heard.

Got my booooster today! It was free, and took 15 minutes.

We were there for the Foo Fighters a few weeks ago. Amazing place and amazing acoustics. So excited for the BIS. We used the CLEAR app to show vaccine proof and it worked pretty well. Workers were really nice, but those food and drink prices were high, even by normal ballpark prices. We had tickets in the club level, so maybe prices in the club were a bit more. $16 for a 16oz draft of beer....and then they charged tax on top of it! Not like most venues where it's already included. Over $53 for 3 beers. The hard stuff had the pour regulators on them, but the bartender said that if you try to add a bit more it electronically will charge you for an extra shot as the pourer is connected to the register. Can't even get solid pours anymore! :-(

At least the concert was fantastic. We stayed a couple blocks away so we didn't have to deal with traffic. Staying at the Hyatt Place for BIS, so close enough we can walk, weather permitting. Any talk of a meet up place prior to the game?

Speaking of BIS.....

Has anyone received their tickets yet??? We purchased our tickets online back on 7/17, received a confirmation response for the transaction on the same day, and haven't heard anything since.

Are the tickets hard copy via the mail, or are they all electronic now?

Thanks for any information.

oops. I located my confirmation email from 7/17 and it states, "... tickets will be available by: 11/27/2021." From other information in the confirmation email, it looks like admission at the gate will require electronic tickets viewed on a smartphone. Yikes. Well, at least that will give me 6 days to figure out how to get the electronic tickets onto my iphone.

I got an email on 11/5 from ticketmaster telling me I could view my tickets.
    Bring back the OCC

bump

Policy change on COVID requirements

In compliance with an updated mandate from Washington state, Climate Pledge Arena requires all guests, ages 12 and over, attending Kraken games, concerts and events to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a negative test, taken in the 72 hours before the event.
    https://climatepledgearena.com/safet...&elqTrack=true

Attended 2 Eagles concerts November 5-6 at Climate Pledge. Pretty impressive arena.
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Quote Originally Posted by ZagLawGrad View Post
    Attended 2 Eagles concerts November 5-6 at Climate Pledge. Pretty impressive arena.
    Impressive concert attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagLawGrad View Post
    Any more to add? Did you have any food or drinks?
    Bring back the OCC