• Perry

4 4.94%
  • Gregg

0 0%
  • Someone else? Who?

2 2.47%

Thread: BZ Bulldog of the Game - Eastern Oregon

Default BZ Bulldog of the Game - Eastern Oregon

This is a deep team with a lot of talent. Who impressed you the most in the first exhibition?

Box score

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=377726
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

Nemby. Stat oddity, Hickman played the most, 26 minutes, per scorebook.

Holmgren, then Sallis, then Strawther, in that order, but with very little separation.

- strawther

- i didn't need much of a boost up, but i'm now on board the strawther is going to lead the team in scoring bandwagon.

So much talent this year...

Strawther gets my Bulldog of the game vote simply because being talked about as the guy who can be dependable scorer for this team and doing it in a game is a big step. Julian’s first half set the tone for who he will be for this team.

Perry impressed me the most. Dude is thicker and more muscular / beefy than Clarke but same crazy hops. He may not be polished offensively but looks like he can give this team what it needs most…impactful post defender who can bang vs the big boys.
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    This is a deep team with a lot of talent. Who impressed you the most in the first exhibition?

Box score

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=377726
    How can I see bench stats?

Kaden Perry was a post game radio guest on Tom Hudson's broadcast. I had seen Perry earlier this year when he was working with the kids during the Zags kids summer camp which Woohoo's son attended. During downtime while helping coach the kids Perry would pick up a ball and goof around. Right away I was impressed by his leaping ability and his personality. Perry told Hudson when he first got to GU he was still recovering from his injury sustained in high school and it has taken a while to get back to 100%. Perry said he couldn't make a shot for quite a while as GU ramped up practices. He said the the talent, the length, and the big men just shut him down but all that has paid off as he has been competing against what he feels are some of the best bigs in the country every day and that has helped him improve his game. He noted with a chuckle he is not the smartest guy on the team but his athletic gifts have helped him cover that up. Perry is very well spoken and I think he will be a big contributor this season, though one wonders where all the minutes are going to go on this edition of the Zags.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    How can I see bench stats?
    I couldn’t find them at first either. There are a series of tabs at top of the page. Click on ‘Home Stats’ tab to see full stats for every Zag.
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

We could pick anyone of a number of zags, but I was high on Strawther before the game, his first half showed what he will bring this year. Didn’t play much of the second half but he my pick for this poll, this game. Excited about this team and their potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 116 View Post
    Kaden Perry was a post game radio guest on Tom Hudson's broadcast. I had seen Perry earlier this year when he was working with the kids during the Zags kids summer camp which Woohoo's son attended. During downtime while helping coach the kids Perry would pick up a ball and goof around. Right away I was impressed by his leaping ability and his personality. Perry told Hudson when he first got to GU he was still recovering from his injury sustained in high school and it has taken a while to get back to 100%. Perry said he couldn't make a shot for quite a while as GU ramped up practices. He said the the talent, the length, and the big men just shut him down but all that has paid off as he has been competing against what he feels are some of the best bigs in the country every day and that has helped him improve his game. He noted with a chuckle he is not the smartest guy on the team but his athletic gifts have helped him cover that up. Perry is very well spoken and I think he will be a big contributor this season, though one wonders where all the minutes are going to go on this edition of the Zags.
    Kaden Perry is THE man! I was amazed at his hops. He’s one of those with the unique ability to take a half step and have serious lift to slam the ball. He did it several times in all kinds of traffic. Wow!

I voted other. Strawther was it during the first half. Holmgren looked great the whole game (and the 6/7 from the stripe was nice to see) Sallis was amazing, perry was really good, Gregg looks like he belongs (but can he REALLY be a Zag with that haircut) And the bench didn't miss a beat.
    I do wish Dom had been here.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

I gave Perry his 1 vote. Strawther was a scoring machine and I look forward to seeing him this season and it was a joy to watch Holmgren go coast to coast multiple times (loved the double behind the back dribbles), but their performances were largely as expected. Perry fearlessly taking it to the hoop several times with such intensity, in a game easily in the win column, was more of a surprise to me. Hopefully he can be an impact player with the minutes he does receive.

I voted for Perry, too. Many others played well, as I imagined they would. But Perry definitely impressed me the most; for a true freshman he seemed the most physically dominant. Clarke-esque for sure!

I only saw highlights, but Perry reminded me of Elias Harris. He adds a dimension that was missing last year.

How’d Watson look?

Watson looked good like the old guy at the park who cab beat cha.

We won’t really see them play until they have real competition, but this team displays an awful lot of promise.

Voted for Strawther whose body language screams "It’s my turn. I’m the go-to guy!’

I was so tempted to vote for Will Graves.
    Bonjour tristesse.

There is no reason we can’t compete physically inside with anyone. Perry and Gregg both look capable of providing good minutes and depth. That gives us a ton of fouls to take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Holmgren: I just like how he plays the game, in all areas. He's a very complete player, and a 7 foot guard.
    I like how takes only 2 GIANT steps while dribbling the basketball from the top of the key and then DUNKS. We saw that at least 2 times and maybe 3. I love how he handles the ball.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!