• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DZ
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2007

DZ's Annual One BOLD Prediction Thread

Because reasons, the annual One BOLD Prediction thread is a little late this year, thankfully not too late.

You know the drill by now, HOWEVER - we are now forced, forced by success, to add two new rules:

1. An undefeated Season is no longer considered thatBOLD, admittedly, this schedule is tougher than any. Still.
    2. It is not BOLD to predict a NC for the team that enters the year as the top-ranked team in the country.

As a mere suggestion, one might focus on BOLD predictions concerning individual players, or even losses. It is also perfectly acceptable to make BOLD predictions about other top-ranked teams or teams in conference.

Go BOLD

My BOLD prediction: Coach Few is on a mission after last year's blowout loss. He will get over two technical fouls called on him personally this year.
    Last edited by DZ; 10-30-2021, 05:53 AM.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.
  • Zagceo
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2013

Hickman will work his way into starter and be a star in March.

Comment

• GoZags
      Super Moderator
      • Feb 2007

My shoulder is still slowly recovering, thank you .... having been severely injured patting myself on the back ... after last year's BOLD prediction of Corey Kispert making the "Bill Walton" double/double club ... 1st Team (AP) All American and 1st Team (1st overall) Academic All American in the same year. So I need just a l'il more time before making this year's "pick". GoZags
      sigpic
      “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
      ——-
      List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
      Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• Kiddwell
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

The Best Annual Preseason Thread

Was looking everywhere for this thread. Thought I'd missed it.

(1) Okay, not so bold -- Zags will win at least 30 games again this season (including six Big Dance games).

(2) Gigantically bold -- This is Tom Izzo's last year as Michigan State's head coach. Yes, Sparty's legendary coach is in decline, the 2021-'22 season is "it" for the Izzone. His crabby ill-tempered reason, "I'm sick of all the poop college basketball has become, so I'm getting the poop out while I still can poop" (or something like that).

:]
        Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• RenoZag
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

This is the TENTH Annual DZ's One BOLD Prediction Thread. Nice job keeping the tradition alive, DZ

My one BOLD prediction: Holmgren won't be a one and done.
          The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• GoZags
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
            This is the TENTH Annual DZ's One BOLD Prediction Thread. Nice job keeping the tradition alive, DZ

My one BOLD prediction: Holmgren won't be a one and done.
            Reno for threeeeee !!! Nothing but twine (hopefully).
            sigpic
            “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
            ——-
            List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
            Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• caduceus
              Zag for Life
              • Mar 2007

I'm most appreciative of DZ's intelligent annual contributions!

I never do astrology/uninformed/praying/wishing predictions, including the score prediction threads (check it!). But I BOLDLY predict that I'll be watching less than half the Zag games at my own convenience this season.

Not as bold as some, but it's an issue. I could DVR the Alaska Shootout many, many years ago with Dickau killing it (and my Dad paging me, about to bowl over while I'm trapped at work in my clinic), but today, all the broadcasters say, "Pay me exorbitant dollars or eat this sh!t sandwich! I even have a device that will record anything streamable. Doesn't work no matter what if you don't have a feed.

I'll let you know how I'm progressing.

Grrrrrrr.

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
                Administrator
                • Apr 2009

Two bold predictions:

1. Julian Strawther wins WCC Player of the Year.

2. The Big East offers Gonzaga a spot in their conference for the 2024-2025 season.
                “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• DZ
                  Zag for Life
                  • Sep 2007

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
                  My shoulder is still slowly recovering, thank you .... having been severely injured patting myself on the back ... after last year's BOLD prediction of Corey Kispert making the "Bill Walton" double/double club ... 1st Team (AP) All American and 1st Team (1st overall) Academic All American in the same year. So I need just a l'il more time before making this year's "pick". GoZags
                  That is very very well done.

Please, fellow Zags, brag about past successes.

I will brag about the utter failure of my first BOLD prediction: We started this during Gary Bell Jr.'s sophomore year. I predicted he'd lead the team in scoring. That was the year he couldn't hit the ground with a shot.

But bragging about success is expected.
                  Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                  Mark Twain.

Comment

• bigblahla
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Off topic but man this is BOLD!...

50 loses 15 pounds...

Oh and Watson proves he belongs in a big way...

Go!! Zags!!!
                    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Two Bold predictions;
                      - Zags will play Duke twice this season losing first game in Vegas and winning the rematch in New Orleans
                      - Andrew Nembhard will be named 1st team AA
                      Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• IMADEYOUREADTHIS
                        Kennel Club Material
                        • Apr 2017

Not so bold: Watson narrowly edges Holmgren for WCC defensive poy

Bold: We lose 2 games in the regular season and then cut the nets on an early April Monday night.

Comment

• GonzaGAW
                          Zag for Life
                          • Aug 2012

- first BOLD prediction, few makes full use of his talent and we have 9 players averaging 10 or more minutes playing time a game.
                          - second BOLD prediction, razir bolton becomes a vocal, helpful and respected leader of the team

Comment

• TravelinZag
                            Zag for Life
                            • Dec 2012

Zags LOSE one of the OOC games to a good opponent and could have a second loss to a WCC foe that doesn’t belong on the same floor with them. Both would benefit their national championship ambitions.

Go Zags!I

Comment

• IowaSERE
                              Bleeds GU Blue
                              • Oct 2008

Zags do not get a #1 seed in the NCAA tournament, but still win it all.

Comment

Working...
                              X