Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kitzbuel
    • Feb 2007

This will be Roger Powell’s last season on the Zag sidelines as he moves on to take a hand at head coaching.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• 229SintoZag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Gonzaga will not only run the table and win the title without a loss; Gonzaga will also not lose a single game by single digits, and will set the bar anew as the most efficient team in history per Kenpom—scoring top billing as the number 1 offense and defense and annihilating the record with an adjusted efficiency margin above 40.

Comment

• UberZagFan
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by 229SintoZag View Post
        Gonzaga will not only run the table and win the title without a loss; Gonzaga will also not lose a single game by single digits, and will set the bar anew as the most efficient team in history per Kenpom—scoring top billing as the number 1 offense and defense and annihilating the record with an adjusted efficiency margin above 40.
        Thought the title of this thread was "BOLD" not "CRAZY AF"?
        If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
          Administrator
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by DZ View Post
          I had no idea that the conference is that strong this year. Predicted, at least. Anyone predicting 3 conf teams get to Sat/Sun, (and I realize you didn't predict it, just noted) gets a full on BOLD and hopeful one this year.
          It would not surprise me at all to see three WCC teams in the Round of 32. BYU, USF, and St. Mary’s are all teams that could earn seeds in the 5-12 range where upsets are common. On the other hand, it wouldn’t surprise me to see BYU earn a 5 seed and then drop their first game to a team from the OVC.
          “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• Bogozags
            Zag for Life
            • Jan 2008

Having only seen one of our opponents play, I predict we finish 8-2 after our first 10 games, finish conference play at 13-1, win the WCC Tournament and earn a #1 seed for the Dance BUT not in the west...

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
              Zag for Life
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
              This is the TENTH Annual DZ's One BOLD Prediction Thread. Nice job keeping the tradition alive, DZ

My one BOLD prediction: Holmgren won't be a one and done.
              Hi Reno,
              I have always enjoyed your bright and optimistic point of view. If you are right it will make me want to buy a round of beers for every regular on this Board. Are you thinking of this possibility because it is less risky for a thin player to fill out in college than to risk it in the NBA?

Comment

• DZ
                Zag for Life
                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
                Hi Reno,
                I have always enjoyed your bright and optimistic point of view. If you are right it will make me want to buy a round of beers for every regular on this Board. Are you thinking of this possibility because it is less risky for a thin player to fill out in college than to risk it in the NBA?
                That is an interesting question. If anyone just "looks" at what grown men, 6'9, 30 years old, and in peak physical condition look like, it's pretty easy seeing how someone with a very slight build would want to put a few pounds on before getting between the rim and Lebron.
                Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                Mark Twain.

Comment

• RenoZag
                  Super Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
                  Hi Reno,
                  ZGZ: He may very well be "The Unicorn" everyone says he is. He reminds me physically of a certain freshman who played for Texas who had pipe cleaner legs, pointy elbows. . .kid named Kevin Durant. . .I'm hoping the NIL income will forestall his graduation to the NBA and give him another year to be a college kid. . .

BTW: The Athletic's Dana O'Neil has an in depth look at Chet & his family posted this morning:

The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• sittingon50
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bigblahla View Post
                    Off topic but man this is BOLD!...

50 loses 15 pounds...

Go!! Zags!!!

Been workin' on it, blah.

Check your PM.
                    But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• zaguarxj
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

My predictions tend to be kind of wacky rather than bold. This year, I'm going to keep it more real. I predict that Hunter Sallis will be a starter by the end of the year. Bold because Few likes his upperclassmen.

Comment

• White lightning
                        Zag for Life
                        • Dec 2017

Last years team averaged 2.275 points/minute. 91 a game. This year's team will average 2.375 points/minute. 95 a game.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• caduceus
                          Zag for Life
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by White lightning View Post
                          Last years team averaged 2.275 points/minute. 91 a game. This year's team will average 2.375 points/minute. 95 a game.
                          Wow, that is BOLD. I hope you're right. That's astounding offensive production, but very much not unreachable. The exhibitions have been fun to watch.

Go ZAGS!

Comment

• White lightning
                            Zag for Life
                            • Dec 2017

Originally posted by caduceus View Post
                            Wow, that is BOLD. I hope you're right. That's astounding offensive production, but very much not unreachable. The exhibitions have been fun to watch.

Go ZAGS!
                            Not as bold as you think in my opinion. If last years team would have played the 4 ooc games and 3 conference games that were canceled they would have easily surpassed the 95 ppg.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• GoZags
                              Super Moderator
                              • Feb 2007

BOLD prediction

Sorry for the slight deviation, but I wanted to put this entire thread in perspective (i.e. "what" is BOLD?). Particularly in light of the shifting paradigm that IS Gonzaga Basketball (and Gonzaga University). 20 years ago last month, The Pontiff and I had breakfast with Mark Few ... and it was memorable as Fewie opened up and was quite candid. I've used a few quotes from that breakfast over the years (and btw the breakfast was after GU's back to back to back Sweet 16's or beyond '99-01).

"I'm not an expert on Fairy Tales, but it seems to me that Cinderalla only went to one dance."
                              "It's kind of a misnomer about us. It's almost funny. They assume we are not very athletic. It's a big mistake."
                              "I don't think people, both in the media and my profession, understand just how good a thing we have up here right now."
                              It was also at this breakfast when Fewie recalled his first day(s) at Gonzaga, when he first arrived at GU as a $1,500 a year Grad Assistant and was living on Billy Grier's couch. He said he was pulled aside by the Campus Elders and told "You will never win this league, and that's okay. Just don't finish last. Last place isn't tolerated around here.". So those were his Marching Orders. "Don't finish last". The three Assistants (Munse, Billy and Fewie) sought to change the paradigm, and change it they did. They ALL had a role, as did others .... i.e. Mike Roth, Father Spitzer, Matt Santangelo, Adam Morrison et al).

And now we have DZ with his iconic "10th Annual BOLD Prediction" thread.

There was a time when me predicting a season long "double/double" from big man Reed Schifferman (Gonzaga's all-time greatest dunker) would have been BOLD.

My '21/'22 BOLD prediction (which really isn't THAT BOLD) is this ... Gonzaga will be the first school since the '75/'76 Indiana Hoosiers to go unbeaten and win the National Championship. Yeah ... really bold, given that just last season the Zags were 1 game away from accomplishing that historic feat.

And thanks DZ ... for this thread. Go Zags !!! GoZags
                              sigpic
                              “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                              ——-
                              List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                              Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• scrooner
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Bold prediction? We end the season ranked higher in KenPom defensive efficiency than offensive efficiency.

Comment

Working...
                                X