Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 71 of 71

Thread: Gonzaga vs UCLA in Las Vegas

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,889

    Default

    My ticket says Tuesday so I have a ticket to the Gonzaga ucla game right?
    Bring back the OCC

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Former PNW, now Louisville, KY
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    My ticket says Tuesday so I have a ticket to the Gonzaga ucla game right?
    My understanding is that there are two games each on Monday and Tuesday. I believe Tuesday's schedule is:

    4:00 p.m.: Bellarmine vs Central Michigan;

    7:00 p.m.: Gonzaga vs UCLA.

    Edited to correct Bellarmine game time.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PNW Zagfan View Post
    My understanding is that there are two games each on Monday and Tuesday. I believe Tuesday's schedule is:

    7:00 p.m.: Gonzaga vs UCLA;

    10:00 p.m.: Bellarmine vs Central Michigan.
    Crap, I don’t see a game time on my ticket. I hope i didn’t mess this up. I followed the link on the op of this thread to buy it. This is stressful.
    Bring back the OCC

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Former PNW, now Louisville, KY
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    Crap, I don’t see a game time on my ticket. I hope i didn’t mess this up. I followed the link on the op of this thread to buy it. This is stressful.
    Sorry, misspoke re Bellarmine game time. It is at 4:00 p.m.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Former PNW, now Louisville, KY
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    Crap, I don’t see a game time on my ticket. I hope i didn’t mess this up. I followed the link on the op of this thread to buy it. This is stressful.
    I'm not seeing any differentiation on the AXS ticket site between games. I assume your ticket gets you into both games, although I would check about in and out privileges before leaving the arena after the first game. My tickets will be at will-call in Vegas, so I don't know what they say, or how many I actually will receive (i.e. one for each day or four total). Perhaps another poster can weigh in, those who bought tickets through Gonzaga can begin picking their tickets up at tomorrow's home game. Good luck.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    seattle, spokane
    Posts
    3,851

    Default

    for me ucla vs zags is a blood feud,
    there is no other team that comes close to earning my animosity,
    and i even like their new coach,
    but my emotions run directly from our loss to them when we had batista, ravio and adam ahead in the second half by 17 and lost the game.
    seemed like the refs couldn't blow a whistle on them last 8 minutes.
    most gut wrenching loss of any sports loss I have ever experienced, including my own losses as a college athlete.
    I didn't expect us to beat TX, here I hope we win by dbl digits.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    19,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    this take didn't age well
    I did say "likely by double digits, did I not?"

    I said "no guarantee"
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    905

    Default

    Check ur electronic tickets.

    My emailed tickets were incorrect and I had to rebuy.

    Nearly same thing happened with my Texas Tech tickets in Phoenix. There are multiple sessions and times, and Zags are oddly the early/day game in that tourney.

    I caught at last second and had to rebuy those as well.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    963

    Default

    You're buying a ticket for each day, and you get to go to both games on each day.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyzag View Post
    You're buying a ticket for each day, and you get to go to both games on each day.
    that's what I thought too. Thank you for clarifying.
    Bring back the OCC

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laguna
    Posts
    7,894

    Default

    Dick Vitale Gets Cleared To Call Games While Battling Cancer, First Game Back Is No. 1 Gonzaga vs No. 2 UCLA

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Therunner View Post
    Check ur electronic tickets.

    My emailed tickets were incorrect and I had to rebuy.

    Nearly same thing happened with my Texas Tech tickets in Phoenix. There are multiple sessions and times, and Zags are oddly the early/day game in that tourney.

    I caught at last second and had to rebuy those as well.
    Zags earlier so #1 team in the country is still viewable (but still late) in eastern time zone
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    3,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Dick Vitale Gets Cleared To Call Games While Battling Cancer, First Game Back Is No. 1 Gonzaga vs No. 2 UCLA
    Love him or not, Dickie V is a national treasure with a heart of gold. Thrilled he is cleared to call this game. Special for the players too.

    Awesome baby!!!!
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Snorkeling the Washougal River
    Posts
    3,015

    Smile God bless Dickie V

    Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Love him or not, Dickie V is a national treasure with a heart of gold. Thrilled he is cleared to call this game. Special for the players too.

    Awesome baby!!!!
    Glad to read he's okay'd for the game. Wonder whether he'll be interacting "remote" or be on site.

    <-- prayers, blessings for Dick Vitale

    :]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,911

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Dick Vitale Gets Cleared To Call Games While Battling Cancer, First Game Back Is No. 1 Gonzaga vs No. 2 UCLA
    @DickieV gets clearance from his doctor to start his 43rd season at ESPN

    After undergoing treatment for lymphoma & melanoma, Dick Vitale will be on the call for No. 1 @ZagMBB vs. No. 2 @UCLAMBB on Tuesday (10p ET, ESPN)
    Good for him. He's been a great ambassador for college basketball and has raised millions for cancer research.

    Also a big fan of Drew Timme !

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Dick Vitale Gets Cleared To Call Games While Battling Cancer, First Game Back Is No. 1 Gonzaga vs No. 2 UCLA
    ESPN's Dick Vitale to return for showdown between No. 1 Gonzaga, No. 2 UCLA
    Theo Lawson, The Spokesman-Review, Spokane, Wash.
    Thu, November 18, 2021, 7:01 PM

    "I'll tell you one thing, the Zags are as good as ever," Vitale said. "Think about this, they beat a really good, not an average, a really good Texas team wire to wire. And you ready for this? Mr. (Chet) Holmgren, that's the young guy, the 7-foot-plus kid who's a super talent — all kinds of versatility. Ready for this? He had two points and it went easy.

    "I'll tell you what, that tells you their dominance. It also tells you this kid is more than a guy who's just going to go score. He doesn't care about scoring, he cares about winning. And Drew Timme, the inside player, are you serious?"

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/espns-dic...030100178.html

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pleasanton, California
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Love him or not, Dickie V is a national treasure with a heart of gold. Thrilled he is cleared to call this game. Special for the players too.

    Awesome baby!!!!
    Though my daughter was raised in a Zag household, she was accepted into UCLA.
    This photo with Danielle and Dicky V was taken just before the Zags beat the Bruins
    In I believe 2014. Gem of a guy. Nice to see that he can get back to doing what he
    loves.

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...8849205&type=3

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    University Place, WA (aka Chambers Bay)
    Posts
    5,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZAG 4 LIFE View Post
    Though my daughter was raised in a Zag household, she was accepted into UCLA.
    This photo with Danielle and Dicky V was taken just before the Zags beat the Bruins
    In I believe 2014. Gem of a guy. Nice to see that he can get back to doing what he
    loves.

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...8849205&type=3
    Thanks for sharing !!! My three words for your pic?

    Flat. Out. Awesome.

    GoZags

    “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    ——-
    Some cherry picked stats

    Most NCAA TOURNAMENT wins since 2015
    Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    Most FINAL FOUR wins since 2017
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sun Prairie, WI
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PNW Zagfan View Post
    I'm not seeing any differentiation on the AXS ticket site between games. I assume your ticket gets you into both games, although I would check about in and out privileges before leaving the arena after the first game. My tickets will be at will-call in Vegas, so I don't know what they say, or how many I actually will receive (i.e. one for each day or four total). Perhaps another poster can weigh in, those who bought tickets through Gonzaga can begin picking their tickets up at tomorrow's home game. Good luck.
    Wait there's actually non-electronic tickets for some folks for this game? I thought that wasn't allowed in 2021. I'm jealous

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Former PNW, now Louisville, KY
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConnZag3 View Post
    Wait there's actually non-electronic tickets for some folks for this game? I thought that wasn't allowed in 2021. I'm jealous
    Yes, tickets purchased through Gonzaga's allotment are paper tickets, to be picked up at Gonzaga's ticket office at the Bellarmine game or at Will Call in Vegas. You may be jealous, but while I was able to buy through Gonzaga given my meager contributions, I have no idea where we are sitting. But glad to be there! Go Zags!

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pleasanton, California
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Thanks for sharing !!! My three words for your pic?

    Flat. Out. Awesome.

    GoZags
    Thanks GZ… certainly a great memory

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •