X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GonzagasaurusFlex
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

29-1 w only blemish being vs Duke in OOC, a game the Zags redeem by beating Duke in the NCAA championship game.

Ridiculous to predict such a lofty record and as much as I didn’t want to, the fact their is so much talent on this squad w guys competing for minutes at every position means this team simply won’t have an off night. The “bench” players won’t allow it to happen.
    Last edited by GonzagasaurusFlex; 10-24-2021, 02:49 PM.
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• willandi
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2007

My heart says 30-0. Sure the Zags are integrating new players, but most of those players are as goo, or better, than the new players all the other teams are integrating. UCLA seems to have brought back most of their roster but Juzang played his best game of the year against the Zags. We have better perimeter defenders, at least longer, and I don't see him doing that this time around. It won't require an in game change.

My head says 29-1 or 28-2...but I'll go with my heart and say an undefeated National Championship!
      Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• Corky
        Kennel Club Alum
        • Mar 2012

27-2. One game will be cancelled for weather.

Comment

• Reborn
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2007

It's not too late for us to swithch our prediction as the season hasn't started yet. I want to change mine to 29-1. Originally I felt Gonzaga would lost to UCLA and Duke. After thinking longer about this I believe we are going to beat Duke. I want this one soooo bad.

What has changed my mind is seeing that Timme was selected as a unanimous All-American, and the only one who was unanimous. That's pretty special, and he is going to be a special player this season. Because of all the new freshmen coming in and Bolton, I just forgot about how good Timme is going to be as well as Nembhard, Watson and Gregg. This is a special team, maybe better than last years team. We'll see.

Go Zags!!!
          Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• SunDevilGolfZag
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

27-3 Bound to be a few hiccups, but on the way to another Final Four, I predict

Comment

• zagfan1
              Zag for Life
              • Nov 2007

I have no idea. Obviously the heart tells me undefeated lol. Seriously though, this team is not a finished product by any means yet so I anticipate that they might lose 3 or 4 games at the beginning of this year as they figure out how best to run this offensive machine. Not worried about defense (maybe its because of Chet) for some reason and I know that might seem strange to many. One area I am very interested in is how we get our 3 point shooting together and do it consistently. Last year we had Kispert. This year maybe it is by committee?

Comment

• GoZags
                Super Moderator
                • Feb 2007

Don’t care one hoot about our record … as long as the record in the NCAA Tourney is 6-0. (5-1 has been flat out awesome … but I am really hoping for 6-0 this coming March/April). GoZags
                sigpic
                “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                ——-
                List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• Reborn
                  Zag for Life
                  • Oct 2007

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
                  Don’t care one hoot about our record … as long as the record in the NCAA Tourney is 6-0. (5-1 has been flat out awesome … but I am really hoping for 6-0 this coming March/April). GoZags
                  I know you too well , Mr Gozags. I know you do care and that you care about every game. You're an Old Timer here on the Board and i for one would really like to know how good you think this team is. I'd like to know if you think they'll beat UCLA...I know that the National Championshiip is important, but I am one who believe every game is important. Come on give us your prediction. I'm curious.

Go Zags!
                  Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• GoZags
                    Super Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                    I know you too well , Mr Gozags. I know you do care and that you care about every game. You're an Old Timer here on the Board and i for one would really like to know how good you think this team is. I'd like to know if you think they'll beat UCLA...I know that the National Championshiip is important, but I am one who believe every game is important. Come on give us your prediction. I'm curious.

Go Zags!
                    For years (ie the first 15 years or so of our cute little run) I have always maintained that I would take 3 or 4 losses in league if it meant 3 or 4 wins in the dance.

That being said, Zags will lose once this year … I don’t have a warm and fuzzy feeling about the Bama game.
                    sigpic
                    “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                    ——-
                    List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                    Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• Zagceo
                      Zag for Life
                      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
                      For years (ie the first 15 years or so of our cute little run) I have always maintained that I would take 3 or 4 losses in league if it meant 3 or 4 wins in the dance.

That being said, Zags will lose once this year … I don’t have a warm and fuzzy feeling about the Bama game.

no please....I'm going to that game....trade ya for loss in Provo...keep it in the conference )

Comment

• katman50
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

I hate to say it: Losses to Texas, UCLA, Duke and BYU. Hope I am dreadfully wrong. Go Zags!

Comment

• Therunner
                          Zag for Life
                          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by katman50 View Post
                          I hate to say it: Losses to Texas, UCLA, Duke and BYU. Hope I am dreadfully wrong. Go Zags!
                          We aren't losing to Duke. Honesty, I think we're just better and in the same boat with young talent.

I agree UCLA may be too experienced too early on for this young group. Bruins will be swinging haymakers from the get-go this season, this game will be incredibly important for our development as a team. Win or lose.

Texas will be scary by mid to late season. They are bringing in 90 ppg in D1 transfers. That's an all time record and cannot be ignored yet we may catch them at the right time, and at home. Will be a close game, especially with their Cosch Beard defensive "tactics" and talent, yet feel we sneak by them. Don't want to see them in March tho. They already field an NBA G League team.

BYU is very good this year, even Top 20 good, yet we are a bad matchuo for them, moreseo this season even. They could upset us in Provo of course, but I'm sensing a clean sweep, especially by seasons end. Gotta stay relatively healthy tho.

UCLA gets us early, and Bama can blitzkrieg us in transition and from permiter if not 100% rested/ready, but feel we beat Duke and Texas.

Comment

• Mr Vulture
                            Zag for Life
                            • May 2008

I think this team starts off slow and consistently gets better as the season progresses. I'm going to predict more losses than the average poster but that doesn't mean we can't make another run in the tournament. I'm going to say that we lose four to six games overall with two or three being in conference.

Comment

• 77Zag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Aug 2007

35-1 -- and we aren't losing the final game.... So let's say, loss at USF??

Go Zags!!
                              “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Comment

• Kiddwell
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Little off topic...

Have we had the "One Bold Prediction" thread yet this almost-season? If not, whoever traditionally does that..I'm ready with two boldies.

For this thread, hope we go undefeated. Texas early will tell a lot.

:]
                                Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

Working...
                                X