Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Prediction for Gonzaga's Season Record for the '21-'22 Season

I hate to say it: Losses to Texas, UCLA, Duke and BYU. Hope I am dreadfully wrong. Go Zags!

Quote Originally Posted by katman50 View Post
    I hate to say it: Losses to Texas, UCLA, Duke and BYU. Hope I am dreadfully wrong. Go Zags!
    We aren't losing to Duke. Honesty, I think we're just better and in the same boat with young talent.

I agree UCLA may be too experienced too early on for this young group. Bruins will be swinging haymakers from the get-go this season, this game will be incredibly important for our development as a team. Win or lose.

Texas will be scary by mid to late season. They are bringing in 90 ppg in D1 transfers. That's an all time record and cannot be ignored yet we may catch them at the right time, and at home. Will be a close game, especially with their Cosch Beard defensive "tactics" and talent, yet feel we sneak by them. Don't want to see them in March tho. They already field an NBA G League team.

BYU is very good this year, even Top 20 good, yet we are a bad matchuo for them, moreseo this season even. They could upset us in Provo of course, but I'm sensing a clean sweep, especially by seasons end. Gotta stay relatively healthy tho.

UCLA gets us early, and Bama can blitzkrieg us in transition and from permiter if not 100% rested/ready, but feel we beat Duke and Texas.

I think this team starts off slow and consistently gets better as the season progresses. I'm going to predict more losses than the average poster but that doesn't mean we can't make another run in the tournament. I'm going to say that we lose four to six games overall with two or three being in conference.

35-1 -- and we aren't losing the final game.... So let's say, loss at USF??

Go Zags!!
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Smile Little off topic...

Have we had the "One Bold Prediction" thread yet this almost-season? If not, whoever traditionally does that..I'm ready with two boldies.

For this thread, hope we go undefeated. Texas early will tell a lot.

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Don’t care one hoot about our record … as long as the record in the NCAA Tourney is 6-0. (5-1 has been flat out awesome … but I am really hoping for 6-0 this coming March/April). GoZags
    Thanks GoZags!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    I think this team starts off slow and consistently gets better as the season progresses. I'm going to predict more losses than the average poster but that doesn't mean we can't make another run in the tournament. I'm going to say that we lose four to six games overall with two or three being in conference.
    Yeah... down with this assessment. I think any loss is going to be early in the season. By mid December I suspect that Few will have a well oiled machine that will start mowing teams down.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Yeah... down with this assessment. I think any loss is going to be early in the season. By mid December I suspect that Few will have a well oiled machine that will start mowing teams down.
    I guess that's why we all have our opinions, your opinion is just as valid as mine. I think the best we do is three losses and the worst is six losses. That's not banging on the team, I just think it's going to take some time to gel the pieces together and I don't think this team is going to be as good as last year, at least initially. That doesn't mean I'm going to root for them to lose some games, it's just my take. Losing a few games in a season isn't unusual by any means, for any team.

I think the Zags may lose 1 or 2 games, which is perfectly ok. Playing a tough game and losing is better than playing a cupcake and winning. Winning the last 6 games of their post season is the streak I care most about.
    It's not the size of the Bulldog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the Bulldog!

GO ZAGS!!!