Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Prediction for Gonzaga's Season Record for the '21-'22 Season

Default Your Prediction for Gonzaga's Season Record for the '21-'22 Season

Every year, prior to the start of the season we try to give our prediction for the season. The prediction does not include postseason play. What is yours?

I don't believe that this season will be an undefeated one. I think there are 30 games prior to Postseason play. My prediction is 28-2. They will lose 2 Out of Conference games. I believe that there are just too many new players to win all of the non-conference games. There are some really tough games in our non-conference games. Good Luck!

Go Zags!
    Last edited by Reborn; 10-23-2021 at 08:18 AM. Reason: I changed my original post thanks to LIZF. Originally I thought there were 32 games
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

I see 30 games on the schedule... going with 29-1
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Every year, prior to the start of the season we try to give our prediction for the season. The prediction does not include postseason play. What is yours?

I don't believe that this season will be an undefeated one. I think there are 32 games prior to Postseason play. My prediction is 30-2. They will lose 2 Out of Conference games. I believe that there are just too many new players to win all of the non-conference games. There are some really tough games in our non-conference games. Good Luck!

Go Zags!
    I think they've got 14 OOC (not counting the 2 exhibitions) and 16 Conference games this year plus 2 likely WCC tournament games. I think this year is going to cap one of the great runs in modern CBB. With the mix of veterans in Nembhard/Timme/Watson/Bolton, the breakout of Strawther, and the arrival of the most talented group of freshmen in Zags history in Holmgren, Sallis, Hickman, Perry, and Gregg (kinda/sorta) this team has a fantastic chance to run the table and get over that final hump to go 38-0 and be national champs. Hopefully Dom is able to get back in time to contribute as well as he certainly has done so much behind the scenes to help assemble this team!

My mistake LIZF....For some reason I thought we had ten teams in our conference. I apologize for being lazy.

Go Zags!

My mistake LIZF....For some reason I thought we had ten teams in our conference. I apologize for being lazy.

Go Zags!
    Hah we do, just remember that the Zags only play the two bottom feeders once each instead of twice as you normally would in a full round-robin.

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Hah we do, just remember that the Zags only play the two bottom feeders once each instead of twice as you normally would in a full round-robin.
    Ok Thanks for helping me understand that Strikenowhere. That makes me feel a little better. You know I'm getting older now, and it's getting harder and harder to trust my memory. ha ha ha Oh well....ha

I woke up this morning with the enthusiasm and excitement that I always feel every year just before Gonzaga's season begins. I had that feeling this morning, and I immediately rushed to schedule and saw that we only have about a week left before the season begins. I knew then why I felt this surge of excitement rushing through me. This is going to be a really fun and great season because there will be a lot of new players on the court. There will be some really talented freshmen, and it will be really nice to see how good they play at the college level. The will also have some very very talented players returning in Timme and Nembhard and Gregg and Watson. Gregg seems to have really developed during the offseason and I am particularly interested in watching him. He was my biggest surprise from the Kraziness in the Kennel game. I can hardly wait for the next week to pass quickly.

Go Zags!

Just feeling undefeated til next season. Won't be disappointed if the guys drop a game or two, but I just don't see it happening. There's just too much talent coming off the bench. So if someone is having a bad game, next man up.

- i think they lose 1 or 2 games..........if i have to pick, i'll go with 1 loss prior to tournament play.

- i do not buy into the psych talk about how a loss can help a team focus on the bigger prize, but for my sanity i hope they do lose 1 game, last year all the talk about the first undefeated team since 76 indiana was so incessant it made want to barf.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - i think they lose 1 or 2 games..........if i have to pick, i'll go with 1 loss prior to tournament play.

- i do not buy into the psych talk about how a loss can help a team focus on the bigger prize, but for my sanity i hope they do lose 1 game, last year all the talk about the first undefeated team since 76 indiana was so incessant it made want to barf.
    I view it as for Timme, Nembhard, Watson, Strawther, & Harris that the one loss they would suffer and learn from was last year's championship game and that they won't let it happen this time.

26-4. Three losses OOC and one loss in the WCC. They are a young team with too many unknowns. Going to take them a while to gel. Hope I am wrong.

Does anyone remember that site that would list a bunch of key ingredients that a championship team has had in the last 20+ years in a chart of some sort? I'm curious to see where this year's team stacks up.

27-3. Two losses OOC.

One in conference.

29-1

No Losses...

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

29-1 w only blemish being vs Duke in OOC, a game the Zags redeem by beating Duke in the NCAA championship game.

Ridiculous to predict such a lofty record and as much as I didn’t want to, the fact their is so much talent on this squad w guys competing for minutes at every position means this team simply won’t have an off night. The “bench” players won’t allow it to happen.
    Last edited by GonzagasaurusFlex; 10-24-2021 at 03:49 PM.
    He can move 15 ft to the left or right about as fast as my eyes can see it, his name could just as well be Hunter Hustle -ZagsGoZags 11/17/21

My heart says 30-0. Sure the Zags are integrating new players, but most of those players are as goo, or better, than the new players all the other teams are integrating. UCLA seems to have brought back most of their roster but Juzang played his best game of the year against the Zags. We have better perimeter defenders, at least longer, and I don't see him doing that this time around. It won't require an in game change.

My head says 29-1 or 28-2...but I'll go with my heart and say an undefeated National Championship!
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

27-2. One game will be cancelled for weather.

It's not too late for us to swithch our prediction as the season hasn't started yet. I want to change mine to 29-1. Originally I felt Gonzaga would lost to UCLA and Duke. After thinking longer about this I believe we are going to beat Duke. I want this one soooo bad.

What has changed my mind is seeing that Timme was selected as a unanimous All-American, and the only one who was unanimous. That's pretty special, and he is going to be a special player this season. Because of all the new freshmen coming in and Bolton, I just forgot about how good Timme is going to be as well as Nembhard, Watson and Gregg. This is a special team, maybe better than last years team. We'll see.

Go Zags!!!

27-3 Bound to be a few hiccups, but on the way to another Final Four, I predict

I have no idea. Obviously the heart tells me undefeated lol. Seriously though, this team is not a finished product by any means yet so I anticipate that they might lose 3 or 4 games at the beginning of this year as they figure out how best to run this offensive machine. Not worried about defense (maybe its because of Chet) for some reason and I know that might seem strange to many. One area I am very interested in is how we get our 3 point shooting together and do it consistently. Last year we had Kispert. This year maybe it is by committee?

Don’t care one hoot about our record … as long as the record in the NCAA Tourney is 6-0. (5-1 has been flat out awesome … but I am really hoping for 6-0 this coming March/April). GoZags

“To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    ——-
    Some cherry picked stats

Most NCAA TOURNAMENT wins since 2015
    Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    Most FINAL FOUR wins since 2017
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Don’t care one hoot about our record … as long as the record in the NCAA Tourney is 6-0. (5-1 has been flat out awesome … but I am really hoping for 6-0 this coming March/April). GoZags
    I know you too well , Mr Gozags. I know you do care and that you care about every game. You're an Old Timer here on the Board and i for one would really like to know how good you think this team is. I'd like to know if you think they'll beat UCLA...I know that the National Championshiip is important, but I am one who believe every game is important. Come on give us your prediction. I'm curious.

Go Zags!

I know you too well , Mr Gozags. I know you do care and that you care about every game. You're an Old Timer here on the Board and i for one would really like to know how good you think this team is. I'd like to know if you think they'll beat UCLA...I know that the National Championshiip is important, but I am one who believe every game is important. Come on give us your prediction. I'm curious.

Go Zags!
    For years (ie the first 15 years or so of our cute little run) I have always maintained that I would take 3 or 4 losses in league if it meant 3 or 4 wins in the dance.

That being said, Zags will lose once this year … I don’t have a warm and fuzzy feeling about the Bama game.

“To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    ——-
    Some cherry picked stats

Most NCAA TOURNAMENT wins since 2015
    Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    Most FINAL FOUR wins since 2017
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    For years (ie the first 15 years or so of our cute little run) I have always maintained that I would take 3 or 4 losses in league if it meant 3 or 4 wins in the dance.

That being said, Zags will lose once this year … I don’t have a warm and fuzzy feeling about the Bama game.

no please....I'm going to that game....trade ya for loss in Provo...keep it in the conference )