• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

Your Prediction for Gonzaga's Season Record for the '21-'22 Season

Every year, prior to the start of the season we try to give our prediction for the season. The prediction does not include postseason play. What is yours?

I don't believe that this season will be an undefeated one. I think there are 30 games prior to Postseason play. My prediction is 28-2. They will lose 2 Out of Conference games. I believe that there are just too many new players to win all of the non-conference games. There are some really tough games in our non-conference games. Good Luck!

Go Zags!
    Last edited by Reborn; 10-23-2021, 07:18 AM. Reason: I changed my original post thanks to LIZF. Originally I thought there were 32 games
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • LongIslandZagFan
    • Feb 2007

I see 30 games on the schedule... going with 29-1
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• strikenowhere
      Zag for Life
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
      Every year, prior to the start of the season we try to give our prediction for the season. The prediction does not include postseason play. What is yours?

I don't believe that this season will be an undefeated one. I think there are 32 games prior to Postseason play. My prediction is 30-2. They will lose 2 Out of Conference games. I believe that there are just too many new players to win all of the non-conference games. There are some really tough games in our non-conference games. Good Luck!

Go Zags!
      I think they've got 14 OOC (not counting the 2 exhibitions) and 16 Conference games this year plus 2 likely WCC tournament games. I think this year is going to cap one of the great runs in modern CBB. With the mix of veterans in Nembhard/Timme/Watson/Bolton, the breakout of Strawther, and the arrival of the most talented group of freshmen in Zags history in Holmgren, Sallis, Hickman, Perry, and Gregg (kinda/sorta) this team has a fantastic chance to run the table and get over that final hump to go 38-0 and be national champs. Hopefully Dom is able to get back in time to contribute as well as he certainly has done so much behind the scenes to help assemble this team!

Comment

• Reborn
        Zag for Life
        • Oct 2007

My mistake LIZF....For some reason I thought we had ten teams in our conference. I apologize for being lazy.

Go Zags!

Comment

• strikenowhere
          Zag for Life
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
          My mistake LIZF....For some reason I thought we had ten teams in our conference. I apologize for being lazy.

Go Zags!
          Hah we do, just remember that the Zags only play the two bottom feeders once each instead of twice as you normally would in a full round-robin.

Comment

• Reborn
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by strikenowhere View Post
            Hah we do, just remember that the Zags only play the two bottom feeders once each instead of twice as you normally would in a full round-robin.
            Ok Thanks for helping me understand that Strikenowhere. That makes me feel a little better. You know I'm getting older now, and it's getting harder and harder to trust my memory. ha ha ha Oh well....ha

Comment

• Reborn
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2007

I woke up this morning with the enthusiasm and excitement that I always feel every year just before Gonzaga's season begins. I had that feeling this morning, and I immediately rushed to schedule and saw that we only have about a week left before the season begins. I knew then why I felt this surge of excitement rushing through me. This is going to be a really fun and great season because there will be a lot of new players on the court. There will be some really talented freshmen, and it will be really nice to see how good they play at the college level. The will also have some very very talented players returning in Timme and Nembhard and Gregg and Watson. Gregg seems to have really developed during the offseason and I am particularly interested in watching him. He was my biggest surprise from the Kraziness in the Kennel game. I can hardly wait for the next week to pass quickly.

Go Zags!

Comment

• zagamatic
                Zag for Life
                • Aug 2009

Just feeling undefeated til next season. Won't be disappointed if the guys drop a game or two, but I just don't see it happening. There's just too much talent coming off the bench. So if someone is having a bad game, next man up.

Comment

• GonzaGAW
                  Zag for Life
                  • Aug 2012

- i think they lose 1 or 2 games..........if i have to pick, i'll go with 1 loss prior to tournament play.

- i do not buy into the psych talk about how a loss can help a team focus on the bigger prize, but for my sanity i hope they do lose 1 game, last year all the talk about the first undefeated team since 76 indiana was so incessant it made want to barf.

Comment

• strikenowhere
                    Zag for Life
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by GonzaGAW View Post
                    - i think they lose 1 or 2 games..........if i have to pick, i'll go with 1 loss prior to tournament play.

- i do not buy into the psych talk about how a loss can help a team focus on the bigger prize, but for my sanity i hope they do lose 1 game, last year all the talk about the first undefeated team since 76 indiana was so incessant it made want to barf.
                    I view it as for Timme, Nembhard, Watson, Strawther, & Harris that the one loss they would suffer and learn from was last year's championship game and that they won't let it happen this time.

Comment

• katman50
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

26-4. Three losses OOC and one loss in the WCC. They are a young team with too many unknowns. Going to take them a while to gel. Hope I am wrong.

Comment

• strikenowhere
                        Zag for Life
                        • Sep 2009

Does anyone remember that site that would list a bunch of key ingredients that a championship team has had in the last 20+ years in a chart of some sort? I'm curious to see where this year's team stacks up.

Comment

• daskim
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2020

27-3. Two losses OOC.

One in conference.

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
                            Zag for Life
                            • Nov 2007

29-1

Comment

• bigblahla
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

No Losses...

Go!! Zags!!!
                              "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

Working...
                              X