Thread: 2023 - Kylan Boswell

Default 2023 - Kylan Boswell

6'1" PG from Arizona, and AAU teammates with Jared McCain and Dusty Stromer. He's top-10ish currently.

https://247sports.com/Player/Kylan-Boswell-46117161/

https://kentucky.rivals.com/news/wat...lks-uk-gonzaga <-- Interview, talking about what he likes about Gonzaga, among other things

Not sure if he's been offered or if he's planning to visit. He's also being recruited by Tommy at Arizona.
    Last edited by scrooner; 10-21-2021 at 01:57 PM.

Like this kid.

There was a reference to this blog in the 2023 Recruits thread, but it should have a direct link in his individual thread as well. This is a blog he wrote for Sports Illustrated that was published today.

https://www.si.com/college/2021/10/2...ois-recruiting

Incidentally, the 3 players from Team Why Not, composite rankings:

Kylan Boswell: 11
    Jared McCain: 24
    Dusty Stromer: 39

So this young man is going to Illinois and we’re following him - why? Or is he a GU lean?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    So this young man is going to Illinois and we’re following him - why? Or is he a GU lean?
    He's uncommitted and being targeted by GU, #3 PG in 2023 per 247. I don't know where he's leaning, but he's a target so he gets a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    He's uncommitted and being targeted by GU, #3 PG in 2023 per 247. I don't know where he's leaning, but he's a target so he gets a thread.
    No complaint here...it just appears that from the Twitter responses he seems an Illinois commit...thanks for clarifying...

Whiff:

Joe Tipton
    @TiptonEdits
    ·
    5m
    2023 five-star Kylan Boswell tells
    @On3Recruits
    he’s down to eight schools - Arizona, Illinois, Kansas, Michigan, Oregon, Texas Tech, UNLV, and USC.

Yeah, there has been NO news about us pursuing him the way we've seen news regarding his teammates McCain & Stromer, so it seemed to me that this one was over a while ago.

Yeah, there has been NO news about us pursuing him the way we've seen news regarding his teammates McCain & Stromer, so it seemed to me that this one was over a while ago.
    from BMerryZag on Twitter:

Brian Merry
    @BMerryZag
    ·
    5m
    Zags had been targeting Boswell. At the 2:20 mark in this video Kylan Boswell is asked about Gonzaga. His answer:

“Tommy Lloyd just went to Arizona and we were talking about the Gonzaga O… he was kinda the guy behind the scenes.” Take a look: https://youtu.be/0Al1ve2Zl_s
    That is painful, and another example of how Arizona is quickly becoming the new hotness.

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    from BMerryZag on Twitter:

That is painful, and another example of how Arizona is quickly becoming the new hotness.
    Gonzaga did not make Kylan Boswell's top 8 earlier today. Is that a surprise to anyone? Arizona did and in the article I read, it stated that Arizona was probably along with Illinois at the top of the list. Has this always been Arizona's recruit to lose due to proximity with or without Tommy? how much is everyone concerned that we will be in hot competition with Arizona going forward with top recruits since Tommy is a good coach, good recruiter, plays a similar style of basketball as does Gonzaga, will recruit similar players since he and Mark Few view the recruiting landscapes in the same light, and Arizona is in a power conference playing good basketball with a strong reputation?

On a separate note there is a chance we could lose Chet, Nembhard, Bolton, Timme, and maybe even Hickman and/or Strawther for next year. You all may disagree and I don't think we lose all 6 but depending how everything goes and how they play - it is not impossible. Let me also acknowledge it is still early for 2023 and I fully know we still have plenty of time with plenty of potential recruits still not committed for 2022/2023. But at this point in the calendar/schedule with our high quality program/success - is anyone at all surprised we have only one player committed for the next two classes and the ones who we are hot after haven't given any indication we are in any better shape than anyone else?
    Love the Zags!!!

Never gained much traction with Boswell. Was not prioritized like others in 2023 for whatever reason.

For 2022 we have #88 Braden Huff and are pursuing #24 Anthony Black, but I don't like our chances with Black. Basically there's nothing public that suggests we have much of a chance, but who knows??

For 2023 the list is much longer, and we are shooting high:

#4 Mookie Cook (offer)
    #5 JJ Taylor (offer)
    #7 Omaha Biliew
    #24 Jared McCain (will take official visit)
    #19 Isaiah Collier
    #26 Ja’Kobe Walter (offer)
    #28 K.J. Lewis
    #39 Dusty Stromer (offer)
    #57 Jazz Gardner
    #95 Layden Blocker
    #103 Xavier Booker
    #106 Pryce Sandfort
    #110 Maki Johnson
    #111 Gus Yalden
    #118 Jeremiah Johnson
    #155 Devin Williams
    Miro Little (Finland)

For 2022 we have #88 Braden Huff and are pursuing #24 Anthony Black, but I don't like our chances with Black. Basically there's nothing public that suggests we have much of a chance, but who knows??

For 2023 the list is much longer, and we are shooting high:

#4 Mookie Cook (offer)
    #5 JJ Taylor (offer)
    #7 Omaha Biliew
    #24 Jared McCain (will take official visit)
    #19 Isaiah Collier
    #26 Ja’Kobe Walter (offer)
    #28 K.J. Lewis
    #39 Dusty Stromer (offer)
    #57 Jazz Gardner
    #95 Layden Blocker
    #103 Xavier Booker
    #106 Pryce Sandfort
    #110 Maki Johnson
    #111 Gus Yalden
    #118 Jeremiah Johnson
    #155 Devin Williams
    Miro Little (Finland)
    Certainly wouldn’t rule out Anthony Black just yet. Pretty disappointing situations in Oklahoma State and Arkansas this year.

Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    Gonzaga did not make Kylan Boswell's top 8 earlier today. Is that a surprise to anyone? Arizona did and in the article I read, it stated that Arizona was probably along with Illinois at the top of the list. Has this always been Arizona's recruit to lose due to proximity with or without Tommy? how much is everyone concerned that we will be in hot competition with Arizona going forward with top recruits since Tommy is a good coach, good recruiter, plays a similar style of basketball as does Gonzaga, will recruit similar players since he and Mark Few view the recruiting landscapes in the same light, and Arizona is in a power conference playing good basketball with a strong reputation?

On a separate note there is a chance we could lose Chet, Nembhard, Bolton, Timme, and maybe even Hickman and/or Strawther for next year. You all may disagree and I don't think we lose all 6 but depending how everything goes and how they play - it is not impossible. Let me also acknowledge it is still early for 2023 and I fully know we still have plenty of time with plenty of potential recruits still not committed for 2022/2023. But at this point in the calendar/schedule with our high quality program/success - is anyone at all surprised we have only one player committed for the next two classes and the ones who we are hot after haven't given any indication we are in any better shape than anyone else?
    I’d counter and say there’s a chance we only lose Chet and maybe one or two others. A wide range of outcomes here. But if we lose guys you suggest then we will retool in the transfer portal. As we’ve seen in college hoops, you can compete for a title that way. Auburn this season as an example. I would certainly expect Hickman and Strawther back but I guess you never know what happens with a good tournament run. Think there’s a nonzero chance Timme comes back. Just can’t really picture him in an NBA game and having to defend all that space.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Certainly wouldn’t rule out Anthony Black just yet. Pretty disappointing situations in Oklahoma State and Arkansas this year.
    I'm not ruling him out, but I also don't think record is as important for a school like Oklahoma St. They have ONE tournament game win since 2009 and landed Cade Cunningham.