X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zagfan08
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Another reminder that just because something is in the police report doesn't mean it's true.

Comment

• Zagcity
      Professional Zag Fan
      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by ZagNut08 View Post
      Ya holy sh*t, reports are complete BS. He was completely with it and cooperative, officer was an a*s and then some.
      All you need to know is that Mark is a stand up guy. Proven time and time again.

Comment

• strikenowhere
        Zag for Life
        • Sep 2009

Definitely seems pretty tame and a stark departure from the initial police write-up and subsequent reporting (shocking, I know).

Comment

• Reborn
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2007

I am glad I got the chance to see the videos. I thought Few handled the situation quite well. He was very cohearant IMO. I was glad he didn't take the tests that the officer was trying to force him to take. Few understood the LAW. And his refusal to take them shows he was not drunk imo. The officer was being pretty aggressive with Mark and you could see he was very irritated by Few's refusal to take the tests. IMO there also was no need for the officer to inspect Few's body. And what was the officer's reason to have Few turn his hat on backwards. IMO the officer showed that he , the officer, was a jerk.

Proud of you Coach.

Go Zags!

P
          Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• RenoZag
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
            Maybe that’s why it was leaked, ya think? Mayberry PD no match for GUBB’s top shelf p.r. apparatus.
            Bodycam footage wasn't "leaked."

KHQ obtained body camera footage through a public records request from the Coeur d’Alene Police Department that shows police arresting Gonzaga head basketball coach Mark Few on suspicion of a DUI, and the subsequent exchange between a police sergeant and Few at a hospital.
            LINK: https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...g-few-convers/
            The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• gueastcoast
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

I've not commented on any of this over the last several weeks because I've felt I've not really had much to add, but if I understand what the dash cam video (post #43) was showing, I would offer the following observation:

If what we witnessed there constituted a reasonable suspicion of drunk driving, then 90+% of motorists are drunk.
              Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Must be a slow news day. Yardbarker posted a hit piece today. I simply don’t get it, the case has been adjudicated, why keep bringing it up?

Comment

• ZagsObserver
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by gueastcoast View Post
                  I've not commented on any of this over the last several weeks because I've felt I've not really had much to add, but if I understand what the dash cam video (post #43) was showing, I would offer the following observation:

If what we witnessed there constituted a reasonable suspicion of drunk driving, then 90+% of motorists are drunk.
                  Yep, lots of exaggerations and maybe even falsehoods in the police report to establish suspicion.

Certainly enough to get it reduced to negligent if Few had wanted to go that route.

Comment

• Zagceo
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2013

looked like tired 60 year old dealing with his large overly friendly protective dogs and was extremely aware of his surroundings IMO.

now we know why he does handstands.

Comment

• zagfan1
                      Zag for Life
                      • Nov 2007

after watching the two videos several times it didn’t seem like he was a danger to anyone. If he was running lights/stop signs or going all the way into the other lane could have suggested something else. You could rationalize that the dogs might have created the initial partial cross into the other lane and move to the shoulder. In the second video of the stop, I do think the officer was overly aggressive with the field sobriety test interactions and there was no reason for having him turning the cap around. It wasn’t for safety purposes which the officer claimed. Few seemed civil and compliant and it seemed fairly normal the interaction with the officer. Hard to refute the blood test results though since the results were over the legal threshold. Hopefully this is the end of this and Few will just need to live with some heckling from the opposing fan bases and the fact those two videos will be out there for public consumption on a permanent basis.

Comment

• zagdontzig
                        Zag for Life
                        • Mar 2016

Slow night for the Coeur d’Alene Fire Department.
                        Originally posted by Reborn
                        Go Zags!!!
                        Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by zagdontzig View Post
                          Slow night for the Coeur d’Alene Fire Department.
                          Agree, I’m thinking since the FD’s alert precipitated the stop, the PD was therefore committed to maxing out what they could make stick on Few.
                          Last edited by jazzdelmar; 10-27-2021, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• johno
                            Kennel Club
                            • Feb 2008

What were the blood test results or are you referring to the breath tests?

Comment

• zagfan1
                              Zag for Life
                              • Nov 2007

On my thread I meant breathalyzer instead of actual blood test. Typed it in wrong.

Comment

• vandalzag
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

The first minute or so of the dashcam video was pretty bad and that was basis of the call for cops. Not a slow night at all seeing somebody drive like that should have been called in. His original interaction with cop set the tone, refusing to exit the vehicle, continuing to put his hands in is pockets. Many places those actions would have resulted in being placed in cuffs and being charged. The police officer was out of line for the hat thing, but was not out of line for asking the questions. An attorney could clarify but I think he needed more probable cause to arrest then then an eyewitness report, which he got when Few admitted to drinking. Bottom line is Few was impaired. That being said I applaud him even more for taking his lumps and pleading guilty. I would bet he could have thrown a little money at this and had it dropped down to a lesser charge. These videos being released is just the same old scandal hit piece that feeds our media today.

Comment

Working...
                                X