Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Coach Few DUI Sentencing

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    I call BS on that.
    I kind of agree with you, the general public could give a hoot about college hoops, until March rolls around.

The basketball team has put the university on the map during the last 20 years, but it has yet to reach the Lone Star State.

Case in point: the highest ranked sports talk station in North Texas had no idea that Drew Timme was a local boy, until I notified them. 90 per cent of their programming is the Dallas Cowboys.

Sorry to go a bit O/T, I was just firming my argument in support of Henne.

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    I call BS on that.
    Cool!
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    I kind of agree with you, the general public could give a hoot about college hoops, until March rolls around.

The basketball team has put the university on the map during the last 20 years, but it has yet to reach the Lone Star State.

Case in point: the highest ranked sports talk station in North Texas had no idea that Drew Timme was a local boy, until I notified them. 90 per cent of their programming is the Dallas Cowboys.

Sorry to go a bit O/T, I was just firming my argument in support of Henne.
    It'a C d'A to Spokane. It is a suburb, in a different state that has no other athletic comparisons or substitutes Their TV stations are from Spokane and probably their radio stations too. It isn't Dallas/Ft Worth.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    It'a C d'A to Spokane. It is a suburb, in a different state that has no other athletic comparisons or substitutes Their TV stations are from Spokane and probably their radio stations too. It isn't Dallas/Ft Worth.
    I live in Tacoma, I can't tell you who UW's head football or basketball coaches are. I know there are rumblings about getting rid of UW's head Football coach due to their poor season so far despite winning the division just last year? So its not like I don't have some UW football news coming through my various internet feeds either.

When I was attending EWU, I was working parking for a basketball game in Cheney for a club fundraiser. I made Eastern's head football coach pay for parking partly because I had no clue who we was. He also didn't have the winter parking pass in his car. But I didn't know who he was until he told me who he was.

Its not unreasonable that a cop working in C d'A might not know Mark Few from anyone else on the road.

He may not watch local TV, he may not listen to the radio either. Maybe he is a cord cutter and just watches his Netflix, Disney+ and HBO Max and then streams any music he wants to listen to through Prime Music.

Quote Originally Posted by asoc View Post
    I live in Tacoma, I can't tell you who UW's head football or basketball coaches are. I know there are rumblings about getting rid of UW's head Football coach due to their poor season so far despite winning the division just last year? So its not like I don't have some UW football news coming through my various internet feeds either.

When I was attending EWU, I was working parking for a basketball game in Cheney for a club fundraiser. I made Eastern's head football coach pay for parking partly because I had no clue who we was. He also didn't have the winter parking pass in his car. But I didn't know who he was until he told me who he was.

Its not unreasonable that a cop working in C d'A might not know Mark Few from anyone else on the road.

He may not watch local TV, he may not listen to the radio either. Maybe he is a cord cutter and just watches his Netflix, Disney+ and HBO Max and then streams any music he wants to listen to through Prime Music.
    Certainly possible. Not likely, but possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    Completely disagree with your view of purpose of frisk……is to ensure no firearms or weapons present PERIOD…..Mypatrol partners father was MURDERED by his next door neighbor on a “simple” DWI arrest and failure to frisk to make scene safe……..basic police 101 has nothing to do with being “annoyed”
    Yea, I’m obviously not commenting on the significance of a frisk in policing writ large. I’m saying that officers make decisions in context. Process certainly saves lives, but police have a toolbox to go to in every situation, and application of the tools in an officer’s toolbox is subjective.

More to the point though, as a patrol officer, would you consider what you saw on the body cam uncooperative behavior? I think we want an officer’s perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    Yea, I’m obviously not commenting on the significance of a frisk in policing writ large. I’m saying that officers make decisions in context. Process certainly saves lives, but police have a toolbox to go to in every situation, and application of the tools in an officer’s toolbox is subjective.

More to the point though, as a patrol officer, would you consider what you saw on the body cam uncooperative behavior? I think we want an officer’s perspective.
    Haaaa. I am giggling because what I observe while in normal human context could be considered uncooperative I guess in police work I would take that every day of the week…..not even close on the day in day out work scale of uncooperative……typical baseline behavior for most who are 1. Intoxicated. 2. Dealing with a cop in a high stress situation
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

While “cooperation” is subjective, he was far from what most cops would call uncooperative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    Haaaa. I am giggling because what I observe while in normal human context could be considered uncooperative I guess in police work I would take that every day of the week…..not even close on the day in day out work scale of uncooperative……typical baseline behavior for most who are 1. Intoxicated. 2. Dealing with a cop in a high stress situation
    I believe we agree, as that was the crux of my initial point, which is, his behavior would likely not be characterized as uncooperative by the ordinary officer or deputy. Hearing it from you as far more weight than hearing it from someone like me as an outside observer of law enforcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

I believe we agree, as that was the crux of my initial point, which is, his behavior would likely not be characterized as uncooperative by the ordinary officer or deputy. Hearing it from you as far more weight than hearing it from someone like me as an outside observer of law enforcement.
    yep we see eye to eye on this..................but people will spin it to their perception even if they have never had to deal with someone on the street and have NO idea what a day in day out engagement looks like from front line police perspective
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

"I plead guilty, because I am guilty"

Not surprised at his response....and refreshing not seeing somebody play their fame. The guy calls a spade a spade. He's human afterall...GOOD guy.