Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coach Few DUI Sentencing

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Good call, coach. Now, let's close the book on this.
    I couldn't agree with you more, Jazz/ Amen!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Let's hope this is a learning lesson for Coach in terms of drinking and driving. This wasnt the first time, but hopefully will be a big enough wake up call to be the last.

By accepting a guilty conviction, he may have trouble getting into Canada in the future. They consider a DUI conviction as a felony-level crime and he may be "criminally inadmissible" as a consequence. There is a process to work around it in some cases, this but it is not easy or certain.

I mention it due to the potential impact on recruiting or participation in international events with GU or USA Basketball. Also some great fishing water up there that will be off-limits.

Kudos to him for taking responsibility. The impacts to him are significant and go beyond the sanctions imposed by the court.

ZZ

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Good call, coach. Now, let's close the book on this.
    +1. It’s time

For some offenders a sentence of 24 hrs of community service could be a new experience. Few does so much community service 240 hrs of community service would be carried out without breaking stride.

He’ll coaches vscancer as community service. And what was learned Months of this story? Not much.

It is very common for first time DUI offenders (who didn't crash into someone, etc.) to do community service instead of jail time. So this isn't some kind of special treatment kind of deal.

I'm not sure why KHQ felt it necessary to go out of the way to obtain the video of the arrest and put it on the news. What positive could come from this.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagtotheCoeur View Post
    I'm not sure why KHQ felt it necessary to go out of the way to obtain the video of the arrest and put it on the news. What positive could come from this.
    Just saw it on KHQ. What is the purpose at this point. Pathetic journalism to do this now IMO

Pretty shocked by the fire truck video. Didn’t see erratic swerving or speeding going on, pretty much 25-30 the whole way, drifted into the bike lane a few times, but far from erratic swerving, pretty surprised they followed and called in for that!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagtotheCoeur View Post
    Do you really think this isn't newsworthy in Spokane? That local news would bury it? They don't work in the SID of Gonzaga Universty.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevilGolfZag View Post
    Just saw it on KHQ. What is the purpose at this point. Pathetic journalism to do this now IMO
    KREM did the same thing. Made me uncomfortable.

TMZ posted the whole video of Few once pulled over. It's hard for me to watch. He's being blasted everywhere.
    America's Team!

Wow, after watching the TMZ video, he seemed a bit more logical than the cops arresting him. And all their reports to the media that he was defiant and uncooperative were pretty much bull####. Just because he wouldn't do their clown show sobriety test, he was uncooperative. Officer Lovingler stated to the media "While speaking to Few, Officer Lovingler said he often had to repeat questions and would start sentences that trailed off without finishing what he was saying." I didn't see any of that. That officer is a bit of a jerk off for some of his early statements to the media.

Ya holy sh*t, reports are complete BS. He was completely with it and cooperative, officer was an a*s and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNation View Post
    Good Morning ZN there was nothing in posts 41-43...

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNut08 View Post
    Ya holy sh*t, reports are complete BS. He was completely with it and cooperative, officer was an a*s and then some.
    Not to excuse the facts....but I watched enough of it to draw the same conclusion...the cop was a complete jerk....

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Not to excuse the facts....but I watched enough of it to draw the same conclusion...the cop was a complete jerk....
    Maybe that’s why it was leaked, ya think? Mayberry PD no match for GUBB’s top shelf p.r. apparatus.

Another reminder that just because something is in the police report doesn't mean it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNut08 View Post
    All you need to know is that Mark is a stand up guy. Proven time and time again.

Definitely seems pretty tame and a stark departure from the initial police write-up and subsequent reporting (shocking, I know).

I am glad I got the chance to see the videos. I thought Few handled the situation quite well. He was very cohearant IMO. I was glad he didn't take the tests that the officer was trying to force him to take. Few understood the LAW. And his refusal to take them shows he was not drunk imo. The officer was being pretty aggressive with Mark and you could see he was very irritated by Few's refusal to take the tests. IMO there also was no need for the officer to inspect Few's body. And what was the officer's reason to have Few turn his hat on backwards. IMO the officer showed that he , the officer, was a jerk.

Proud of you Coach.

Go Zags!

P
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!