Thread: Would a Zags NBA all star team win a game?

Default Would a Zags NBA all star team win a game?

Using current NBA players only, would they be competitive in the NBA today? Would they beat anyone?

What would your team look like?

Pg. Pangos
    Sg. Suggs
    Sf. Rui
    Pf. Bonus
    C. KO

I’d sit KP and start Clarke. move Suggs to pg and Rui to the 2. They’d win 25-30 games. But they sure would play well as a unit

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    I’d sit KP and start Clarke. move Suggs to pg and Rui to the 2. They’d win 25-30 games. But they sure would play well as a unit
    Not sure Rui could guard a sg in the NBA.

No, they would not be competitive. Love them, but no. KO/Pangos are bench players, Suggs has to prove himself at the NBA and Rui is still growing into an NBA major contributor. Would be in the bottom 5 easy.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNut08 View Post
    No, they would not be competitive. Love them, but no. KO/Pangos are bench players, Suggs has to prove himself at the NBA and Rui is still growing into an NBA major contributor. Would be in the bottom 5 easy.
    But they could likely win a game.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

They would win a couple games. That's about it.

Your current players criterion makes it interesting.
    If we took GU NBA players at their peak (using our imagination), it would put Burgess and Stockton into the mix.
    I suspect they would win a respectable amount of games?

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    Not sure Rui could guard a sg in the NBA.
    True but we don’t have a true 2 in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    Your current players criterion makes it interesting.
    If we took GU NBA players at their peak (using our imagination), it would put Burgess and Stockton into the mix.
    I suspect they would win a respectable amount of games?
    I don't know much about Burgess, but I am going to guess that his game would not translate very well to today.

So lets say all zags in their prime. That adds Stockton basically as a starter, anyone else? Rob was never more that an end of the bench guy, who else?

pg Stockton
    sg Suggs
    sf Rui
    pf Bonus
    C KO or Clarke

Still not a .500 team in the league?

I don't know much about Burgess, but I am going to guess that his game would not translate very well to today.

So lets say all zags in their prime. That adds Stockton basically as a starter, anyone else? Rob was never more that an end of the bench guy, who else?

pg Stockton
    sg Suggs
    sf Rui
    pf Bonus
    C KO or Clarke

Still not a .500 team in the league?
    Noooo….Stock and The Bonus only true NBA major players as of now. Maybe with Arvydas.

Not a starter, but Ronny should be considered as well.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Reffed by college refs or nba officials. If it’s the former, I think they’d win a lot of games. Teamwork is something which is desperately missing in today’s nba. Heck, they lost to Nigeria, France and Australia.

I would at least be giving Kispert some game winning microwave moments. He is in the league you know

Shouldn’t we ask the question next year when Chet, Timme, Sallis and Nembhard are also in the NBA?

Depends on how many games they played. One, no. Five, no. Ten, one or two. Winning percentage above .500? No.

They would be awful. Sabonis/KO frontcourt would get destroyed defensively. And if you replace KO with Clarke the spacing is terrible on offense. But they'd be a hell of a lot of fun to watch and cheer for! Speaking of Clarke, he had a great rookie season and wasn't right last year. I feel like he's gonna have a big bounce back season.

Using current NBA players only, would they be competitive in the NBA today? Would they beat anyone?

What would your team look like?

Pg. Pangos
    Sg. Suggs
    Sf. Rui
    Pf. Bonus
    C. KO
    I'm probably more optimistic than most on here. My 13 man active roster would likely be the guys below. The big issue is figuring out who plays SG. The team would be kind of young too. But Sabonis and KO (after the trade) were both excellent last season. A health BC and ZC backing them up would give some defense to the rotation. You'd need to get more out of Hachimura than he's been giving in his first two seasons, but he is still super young and could take a big step forward. I think Suggs will be a solid to elite PG eventually. I only have four guards on the roster and that would probably be a problem. I'm just not sure who the fifth guy would be. Geno is doing well but isn't an NBA guy. Josh Perkins has to be playing somewhere. Maybe I'd add him and move one of the last three bigs to a two-way contract. So there are probably 5 NBA starters on the squad, but they overlap on positions. 20 wins is my guess, but I wouldn't be shocked to see a team like that win 35 or 40 if it came together properly.

PG: Suggs
    SG: NWG
    SF: Rui
    PF: Sabonis
    C: KO

Bench:
    PG Pangos
    SG Ayayi
    SF C. Kispert
    PF B. Clarke
    C Z. Collins

11. K. Tillie
    12. JW III
    13. K. Wiltjer

Quote Originally Posted by mgadfly View Post
    I'm probably more optimistic than most on here. My 13 man active roster would likely be the guys below. The big issue is figuring out who plays SG. The team would be kind of young too. But Sabonis and KO (after the trade) were both excellent last season. A health BC and ZC backing them up would give some defense to the rotation. You'd need to get more out of Hachimura than he's been giving in his first two seasons, but he is still super young and could take a big step forward. I think Suggs will be a solid to elite PG eventually. I only have four guards on the roster and that would probably be a problem. I'm just not sure who the fifth guy would be. Geno is doing well but isn't an NBA guy. Josh Perkins has to be playing somewhere. Maybe I'd add him and move one of the last three bigs to a two-way contract. So there are probably 5 NBA starters on the squad, but they overlap on positions. 20 wins is my guess, but I wouldn't be shocked to see a team like that win 35 or 40 if it came together properly.

PG: Suggs
    SG: NWG
    SF: Rui
    PF: Sabonis
    C: KO

Bench:
    PG Pangos
    SG Ayayi
    SF C. Kispert
    PF B. Clarke
    C Z. Collins

11. K. Tillie
    12. JW III
    13. K. Wiltjer
    What if you added Stockton in his prime to the list?