Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 90

Thread: WSU just fired 5 football coaches for cause

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laguna
    Posts
    7,794

    Default WSU just fired 5 football coaches for cause

    crazy times

    The school announced Monday that Rolovich, along with four of his WSU assistants, had been fired for cause after failing to comply with a Washington mandate, which required the state’s educational employees to be either fully vaccinated or have received an exemption approval by Monday.
    https://www.khq.com/sports/washingto...32db1ad5b.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    15,293

    Default

    Well, Larry & Curly have just passed thru Pullman. I guess Moe is next.
    But we don't play nobody.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Well, Larry & Curly have just passed thru Pullman. I guess Moe is next.
    The stooges are a lot farther west.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laguna
    Posts
    7,794

    Default

    I'm guessing Chun had good idea this was gonna happen.

    Former Washington State head coach Nick Rolovich is pursuing legal action against the university after his firing on Monday for violating Governor Jay Inslee’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate for state employees, according to a statement released by Rolovich's lawyer Wednesday morning. The statement criticized Washington State athletic director Pat Chun's handling of the situation and said the termination of Rolovich was "unjust and unlawful.""Since at least April, it became clear that Chun had already determined that Coach Rolovich would be fired," Rolovich's lawyer Brian Fahling wrote. "Chun’s animus towards Coach Rolovich’s sincerely held religious beliefs, and Chun’s dishonesty at the expense of Coach Rolovich during the past year is damning and will be thoroughly detailed in litigation."
    https://theathletic.com/news/nick-ro.../eAJCbcg8gTuX/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    1,099

    Default

    A loss for WSU. Nick will get a good job somewhere else in a state with less stringent mandates. I wish him the best. A good coach.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,827

    Default

    It's really sad he would give up so much money and such a great job because he has been fooled by misinformation.
    Bring back the OCC

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laguna
    Posts
    7,794

    Default

    https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/05/healt...ath/index.html

    Playing Russian Roulette is not worth any amount of money to some people.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/05/healt...ath/index.html

    Playing Russian Roulette is not worth any amount of money to some people.
    Russian Roulette??? Higher probability than complications from vaccine:

    1. Getting hit by lighting.
    2. Winning an Olympic Gold Medal.
    3. Dying in a tornado.
    4. Being killed by a meteorite.
    5. Dying from a shark attack.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laguna
    Posts
    7,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Russian Roulette??? Higher probability than complications from vaccine:

    1. Getting hit by lighting.
    2. Winning an Olympic Gold Medal.
    3. Dying in a tornado.
    4. Being killed by a meteorite.
    5. Dying from a shark attack.
    Tell that to her husband Tom and daughters Bridget 5 and Clara 3.

    https://obits.oregonlive.com/us/obit...ry?id=24814165

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Russian Roulette??? Higher probability than complications from vaccine:

    1. Getting hit by lighting.
    2. Winning an Olympic Gold Medal.
    3. Dying in a tornado.
    4. Being killed by a meteorite.
    5. Dying from a shark attack.
    All of those are out of an individual's control except for possibly number two. Deciding not to take a vaccine is a choice that eliminates complications from said vaccine no matter the small chance of a negative outcome.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Tell that to her husband Tom and daughters Bridget 5 and Clara 3.

    https://obits.oregonlive.com/us/obit...ry?id=24814165
    Doesn't change the statistical fact. Heartbreaking, yes, but the chances for the average person are still higher than the 5 things I listed.

    She could have just as easily, and would have been more likely, to die in an auto accident. Should we all stop driving rather than play Russian roulette every time we get behind the wheel?

    While you are at it, why not ask the families of the 700K+ that have died from COVID whether they would have had their loved one vaccinated.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laguna
    Posts
    7,794

    Default

    Does anybody expect a journalist to ask Mark Few if he is Vaccinated?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laguna
    Posts
    7,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Doesn't change the statistical fact. Heartbreaking, yes, but the chances for the average person are still higher than the 5 things I listed.

    She could have just as easily, and would have been more likely, to die in an auto accident. Should we all stop driving rather than play Russian roulette every time we get behind the wheel?

    While you are at it, why not ask the families of the 700K+ that have died from COVID whether they would have had their loved one vaccinated.
    choices were made....some lived like Joe Rogan some died like Colon Powell.

    making a person choose between job/family and the jab is wrong IMO.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    All of those are out of an individual's control except for possibly number two. Deciding not to take a vaccine is a choice that eliminates complications from said vaccine no matter the small chance of a negative outcome.
    And it vastly increases the likelihood of dying from a preventable disease. Control or not... the stats are the stats. What you are talking about here is less 0.003% chance of a complication. But hey better to play russian roullette with a disease that literally has already killed 700K people in this country alone and has left thousands more with lingering ailments months after they caught the virus... but taking a shot that could prevent all of that which has a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of impacting you is somehow more dangerous.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    choices were made....some lived like Joe Rogan some died like Colon Powell.

    making a person choose between job or family and the jab is wrong IMO.
    No, it isn't. Not doing what is better for broader society is morally corrupt and downright selfish and wrong.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Does anybody expect a journalist to ask Mark Few if he is Vaccinated?
    They should. I am guessing he is far more likely to be vaxxed than not.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    And it vastly increases the likelihood of dying from a preventable disease. Control or not... the stats are the stats. What you are talking about here is less 0.003% chance of a complication. But hey better to play russian roullette with a disease that literally has already killed 700K people in this country alone and has left thousands more with lingering ailments months after they caught the virus... but taking a shot that could prevent all of that which has a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of impacting you is somehow more dangerous.
    You don't know what the long-term complications from this type of Vax is. Nobody does. It's normally years before that can be determined. You also don't know particulars about each individual's health status or degree of risk.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laguna
    Posts
    7,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    No, it isn't. Not doing what is better for broader society is morally corrupt and downright selfish and wrong.
    please educate me....How does it work? not getting vaccine "is morally corrupt and downright selfish and wrong" ...because?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    You don't know what the long-term complications from this type of Vax is. Nobody does. It's normally years before that can be determined. You also don't know particulars about each individual's health status or degree of risk.
    Hey if it helps you sleep at night knowing you are potentially exposing yourself and others to this horrible disease. But the long-term complications are BS... flat out. Why? Because 2 weeks after you get ANY of the vaccines they are no long in your system. That is true of MMRs, Polio, etc as well. So, if it isn't in your system, it isn't going to impact you long term. Literally every single vaccine works this way. You don't have polio vaccine still in your system... instead... the vaccine many years ago taught your body how to fight the disease.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    please educate me....How does it work? not getting vaccine "is morally corrupt and downright selfish and wrong" ...because?
    Because you basically put the public at large at risk along with yourself. It shows a complete disregard to society as a whole. I think it is funny that the one news station out there discounting and making the vaccines look bad... has a bleeping vax mandate. Yep.. Tucker... Hannity... Ingram... all REQUIRED by their jobs to be vaxxed.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laguna
    Posts
    7,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Because you basically put the public at large at risk along with yourself. It shows a complete disregard to society as a whole. I think it is funny that the one news station out there discounting and making the vaccines look bad... has a bleeping vax mandate. Yep.. Tucker... Hannity... Ingram... all REQUIRED by their jobs to be vaxxed.
    Making Fox the straw man does not strengthen your argument. Those folks made a decision.

    How does MY decision NOT to get vaccinated effect the person that decided to get vaccinated?

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Making Fox the straw man does not strengthen your argument. Those folks made a decision.

    How does MY decision NOT to get vaccinated effect the person that decided to get vaccinated?
    If you catch it, aren't symptomatic and you go near anyone else Vaxxed or not vaxxed, you potentially got them sick or worse a loved one and THEY never had a choice. YOU made it for them. Guess George Washington was an a-hole in your eyes... he required his troops be vaccinated for small pox. NOt putting them up as a straw man, but based on the graphics you have posted in the past, they are your go to news source. Just pointing out how hypocritical they are being. You should ask yourself WHY would they do one thing publicly but go directly against that privately.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    They should. I am guessing he is far more likely to be vaxxed than not.
    Idle speculation based on zero facts.

    Most of us here a few months ago would have guessed there was little chance of Few getting a DUI.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laguna
    Posts
    7,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    If you catch it, aren't symptomatic and you go near anyone else Vaxxed or not vaxxed, you potentially got them sick or worse a loved one and THEY never had a choice. YOU made it for them. Guess George Washington was an a-hole in your eyes... he required his troops be vaccinated for small pox. NOt putting them up as a straw man, but based on the graphics you have posted in the past, they are your go to news source. Just pointing out how hypocritical they are being. You should ask yourself WHY would they do one thing publicly but go directly against that privately.
    Everybody has a choice to be vaxxed or NOT vaxxed. Vaxxed folks can and do catch and spread the virus to the same vaxxed and NOT vaxxed folks.

    we're all possible carriers.

    I heard one guy explain it this way...."I got the Vaccination and its my coat of armor against dying from Covid....My coat of armor still works even if my neighbor doesn't put his on."

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laguna
    Posts
    7,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    They should. I am guessing he is far more likely to be vaxxed than not.
    I'm OK with answer either way....you not so much.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •