• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zagceo
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2013

found it

Our goal is for all our faculty, staff and students to be vaccinated, with exemptions accommodated in limited cases for medical or religious reasons.

Comment

• sittingon50
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Speaking of religious reasons (& getting back to Rolovich) I could use some help.

Apparently Rolovich was raised Catholic. I was not. But the Bible I read is basically the same as his.And I've been scratching my head wondering what a person's "religious" objections might be. It may be obvious to most, but not me. A little help?
      But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• gu03alum
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
        Speaking of religious reasons (& getting back to Rolovich) I could use some help.

Apparently Rolovich was raised Catholic. I was not. But the Bible I read is basically the same as his.And I've been scratching my head wondering what a person's "religious" objections might be. It may be obvious to most, but not me. A little help?
        There is misinformation out there that the vaccines contain aborted fetuses.
        Bring back the OCC

Comment

• Markburn1
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2015

Originally posted by gu03alum View Post
          There is misinformation out there that the vaccines contain aborted fetuses.
          That is a misrepresentation of the concern. Material from fetal cell lines were used to research the making of the vaccine.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
            • Feb 2007

Pope said get vaxxed… sorry Catholics can’t hide behind that.

Almost every single religion has basically said don’t hide behind us.

(WSYR) – As significant numbers of Americans seek religious exemptions from COVID-19 vaccine mandates, many faith leaders are saying: Not with our endorsement. Leaders of the Greek Orthodox Ar…
            "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Markburn1 View Post
              That is a misrepresentation of the concern. Material from fetal cell lines were used to research the making of the vaccine.
              So you should have no problem with moderna or Pfizer since neither was derived from fetal cells
              "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Comment

• Markburn1
                Zag for Life
                • Oct 2015

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                So you should have no problem with moderna or Pfizer since neither was derived from fetal cells
                I don't. Some do. For various reasons. It's arrogant for anyone to decide for someone else what is important to them. It's arrogant to dismiss another person's risk concerns so you can feel safe. I was vaccinated for my own reasons. Some of my friends have decided not to for their personal reasons. Do what you want. Or not.

Comment

• gu03alum
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

I don't. Some do. For various reasons. It's arrogant for anyone to decide for someone else what is important to them. It's arrogant to dismiss another person's risk concerns so you can feel safe. I was vaccinated for my own reasons. Some of my friends have decided not to for their personal reasons. Do what you want. Or not.
                  I really don’t understand that attitude. We have been ok with protecting others for years with other vaccines. This virus kills indiscriminately. How do you not see how selfish this take is. I’m all for personal freedom when it doesn’t affect others. You want to ride a motorcycle with no helmet. Be my guest. It will help the people waiting for organs. You want to commit suicide ok. Go ahead. But this virus spreads so easily and has killed 700k people. Does that not matter to you? I especially don’t understand how this is a view shared by many Christians.
                  Bring back the OCC

Comment

• Zagceo
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by gu03alum View Post
                    I really don’t understand that attitude. We have been ok with protecting others for years with other vaccines. This virus kills indiscriminately. How do you not see how selfish this take is. I’m all for personal freedom when it doesn’t affect others. You want to ride a motorcycle with no helmet. Be my guest. It will help the people waiting for organs. You want to commit suicide ok. Go ahead. But this virus spreads so easily and has killed 700k people. Does that not matter to you? I especially don’t understand how this is a view shared by many Christians.
                    I'm sure you know it usually takes 10 years to go through studies and trials to get new vaccine to market. This was created in months.

I'm sure you know they've never been successful at creating a vaccine for any corona virus before this one.

I'm sure you know this is an emergency use authorization which bypassed all those steps and Pharma companies have complete immunity from any liability from its use.

Old people and people with comorbidities are majority of its victims.

People around the country have treated virus successfully using monoclonal antibodies.

getting a booster every 6 months..doesn't sound like sustainable plan
                    Last edited by Zagceo; 10-21-2021, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• caduceus
                      Zag for Life
                      • Mar 2007

I normally lurk during the offseason, but reading the misinformation in this thread against vaccines and therapeutics after all this time is astounding. I don't know where some of you get your information, but most of the arguments are outright false or misleading, and have no medical or scientific basis (or have been twisted in various dangerous ways).

I'm not going to get into point-by-point -- it's futile. I've seen enough self-owns during this pandemic due to misinformation and "Google/Facebook research" to fill a cemetery. I'm so very tired of having to deal with armchair public health "experts", and so is the entire medical community. Please don't contribute to it.

And most importantly, get vaxxed if you're not. Do. Vaccines reduce the risk of infection by over 600% and the risk of death by over 1100%! (source)

I consult with biotechnology dealing with COVID, particularly regarding clinical trials for vaccines and therapeutics. Please stop saying stupid stuff, misleading (and possibly endangering) the readers here, and stick to basketball.

Oh, and Rolovich is an idiot. Weird hill to die on (free, harmless and possibly life-saving jab vs. losing $13 mil).

I'm out. See you at tip-off.

=cad=

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by caduceus View Post
                        I normally lurk during the offseason, but reading the misinformation in this thread against vaccines and therapeutics after all this time is astounding. I don't know where some of you get your information, but most of the arguments are outright false or misleading, and have no medical or scientific basis (or have been twisted in various dangerous ways).

I'm not going to get into point-by-point -- it's futile. I've seen enough self-owns during this pandemic due to misinformation and "Google/Facebook research" to fill a cemetery. I'm so very tired of having to deal with armchair public health "experts", and so is the entire medical community. Please don't contribute to it.

And most importantly, get vaxxed if you're not. Do. Vaccines reduce the risk of infection by over 600% and the risk of death by over 1100%! (source)

I consult with biotechnology dealing with COVID, particularly regarding clinical trials for vaccines and therapeutics. Please stop saying stupid stuff, misleading (and possibly endangering) the readers here, and stick to basketball.

Oh, and Rolovich is an idiot. Weird hill to die on (free, harmless and possibly life-saving jab vs. losing $13 mil).

I'm out. See you at tip-off.

=cad=
                        Amen.

Comment

• bartruff1
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jan 2010

Don't let the door hit you in the butt.....

Comment

• zagfan24
                            Zag for Life
                            • Jun 2008

You don't know what the long-term complications from this type of Vax is. Nobody does. It's normally years before that can be determined. You also don't know particulars about each individual's health status or degree of risk.
                            You don't know what the long-term complications from Covid-19 is. Nobody knows that either. If 700,000+ in the US and 5 million around the world die from the vaccine, then perhaps my mind would change.

Comment

• zagfan24
                              Zag for Life
                              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                              I'm sure you know it usually takes 10 years to go through studies and trials to get new vaccine to market. This was created in months. That is not true. This technology has been in the works for decades.

I'm sure you know they've never been successful at creating a vaccine for any corona virus before this one. ...Funny how a few billion dollars changes medical research

I'm sure you know this is an emergency use authorization which bypassed all those steps and Pharma companies have complete immunity from any liability from its use. Big Pharma is full of terrible, profit-motivated tyrants. It doesn't change the fact that physicians, virologists, and public health experts with no other stake in the game are promoting the vaccines as incredibly safe and effective

Old people and people with comorbidities are majority of its victims. Those people are people too. Most adults have a "comorbidity" and with increasing obesity, so do many kids. These people deserve to live also. The pediatric cancer patients I work with don't deserve to die from a preventative illness while their cancer is being treated.

People around the country have treated virus successfully using monoclonal antibodies. And 700,000+ have died

getting a booster every 6 months..doesn't sound like sustainable plan
                              Things will change as numbers go down. It may be annual, maybe not. But I'll go to the doc twice a year if it means others are safe.

Comment

• Zagceo
                                Zag for Life
                                • Nov 2013

Originally posted by zagfan24 View Post
                                Things will change as numbers go down. It may be annual, maybe not. But I'll go to the doc twice a year if it means others are safe.
                                Thoughtful on point response. Thank you.

I'd like to focus on your point about health experts promoting vaccines as safe and effective.

Are you familiar with Peter McCullough? Listen to a little of his speech... skip around it's lengthy. Tell me what you think not what others say about him. Thanks

Dr McCullough is a world renowned authority on COVID and editor-in-chief of two major medical journals. He discusses how most deaths are due to CDC refusing to permit pre-hospital treatment, which wou

Comment

Working...
                                X