Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WSU just fired 5 football coaches for cause

In the state of Washington, an employer has the right to fire anyone at anytime for almost any reason, (don't ask how I know).

The Pope said to get the vaccination. It isn't a religious objection, it's a personal one.

He loses.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Zagfan24 would like your take on some of the studies in this presentation.

https://rumble.com/vnbv86-winning-th...s-vs-unte.html

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Zagfan24 would like your take on some of the studies in this presentation.

https://rumble.com/vnbv86-winning-th...s-vs-unte.html
    I'd love to have the time to watch both videos. I am slammed at work right now, but more importantly I'm a psychologist and not a physician, so I can't offer much insight anyway. I'll try to get to them at some point. My interests are more about confirmation bias/other cognitive biases and anchoring, who we as a society trust/who we don't, misinterpretation and misrepresentation of data, and the moral complexity of sacrificing individual liberties for the greater good. One of my good friends is a pediatric infectious disease physician and I trust her implicitly, so much of the data and recommendations I place my trust in comes from her and her colleagues.

I'll say as a side note that I encourage anybody to read "The Death of Expertise" by Tom Nichols. I don't agree with everything he says but it was written before COVID-19 emerged and yet spelled out exactly the underlying societal concerns that are impacting our response.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan24 View Post
    I'd love to have the time to watch both videos. I am slammed at work right now, but more importantly I'm a psychologist and not a physician, so I can't offer much insight anyway. I'll try to get to them at some point. My interests are more about confirmation bias/other cognitive biases and anchoring, who we as a society trust/who we don't, misinterpretation and misrepresentation of data, and the moral complexity of sacrificing individual liberties for the greater good. One of my good friends is a pediatric infectious disease physician and I trust her implicitly, so much of the data and recommendations I place my trust in comes from her and her colleagues.

I'll say as a side note that I encourage anybody to read "The Death of Expertise" by Tom Nichols. I don't agree with everything he says but it was written before COVID-19 emerged and yet spelled out exactly the underlying societal concerns that are impacting our response.
    Thanks for responding. Time is our most valuable commodity I get it.

Tom Nichols book is interesting ....I'm familiar with it. He makes this point

"The experts are not always right, of course, and Nichols discusses expert failure. The crucial point is that bad decisions by experts can and have been effectively challenged by other well-informed experts."

I believe Peter McCullough is one of these experts exposing expert failure with data provided by CDC and FDA. The second video is more current you should start with that first.

Inside Nick Rolovich's downfall at Washington State over the COVID-19 vaccine

Rolo was given access to a world-renowned regents professor of pathology and infectious disease and was like, nah, I'm going to go with made up #### I read on Facebook

On April 21, Rolovich was granted an audience with Dr. Guy Palmer, a world-renowned WSU regents professor of pathology and infectious diseases.

It had been about four months since the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines were both granted emergency-use authorization by the FDA, and athletic director Pat Chun arranged for the meeting to take place.

"As I am a member of the National Academy of Medicine and not affiliated with the athletic department, Pat thought Nick may be more trusting of the information and more comfortable with a dialogue where he could ask specific questions," Palmer said.

Palmer completed a postdoctoral fellowship in vaccine immunology, leads disease control programs in Africa and Latin America and has been heavily involved in WSU's COVID-19 testing program and vaccine rollout. He is considered one of the foremost experts on vaccines in the state of Washington.

Over about an hour, Rolovich drove a conversation that focused on topics that were consistent with what Palmer said has been shared by the "anti-vax crowd on social media" over the past several years.

"Kind of typical ones: Is Bill Gates involved with the vaccines? Does [Gates] hold a patent on the vaccines?" Palmer recalled to ESPN. "He asked whether SV40 is in the vaccines and whether that could be a dangerous thing. And the answer to that is no."

SV40, also known as the simian virus 40, was found to have contaminated polio vaccines in the late 1950s and early 1960s. However, multiple studies -- including one from the Institute of Medicine Immunization Safety Review Committee in 2002 -- have not found a link between that contamination and any harmful impacts. No vaccines currently contain SV40, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and it's unclear where Rolovich would have gotten the idea it was present in COVID vaccines.
    Bring back the OCC

Maybe Rolovich is thinking

How is the only way to reach herd immunity through a vaccine that doesn’t provide immunity?

How is the only way to reach herd immunity through a vaccine that doesn’t provide immunity?
    Death!

Dumbest post of the year. mRNA vaccines provide 6x protection from infection, 11x protection from hospitalization, and 26x protection from death. WTF is your definition of immunity?

The idiot MD you referred to "innocently," Peter McCollough has since had 1) His COVID article retracted; 2) had his article permanently revoked this week by the publisher; and most notably 3) had his academic credentials revoked by four medical institutions, including Baylor, A&M, and North Texas. Additionally, Baylor School of Medicine sued his ass, winning easily and getting a restraining order because he outright lied about his medical credentials. If you don't believe me, check retractionwatch. It takes an order of magnitude of scientific malfeasance to get sh!t canned by a med school, much less four. POS. Imagine, being so stupid.
    Last edited by caduceus; 10-28-2021 at 06:00 AM.

Thanks for responding. Time is our most valuable commodity I get it.

Tom Nichols book is interesting ....I'm familiar with it. He makes this point

"The experts are not always right, of course, and Nichols discusses expert failure. The crucial point is that bad decisions by experts can and have been effectively challenged by other well-informed experts."

I believe Peter McCullough is one of these experts exposing expert failure with data provided by CDC and FDA. The second video is more current you should start with that first.
    I watched a bit. His misrepresentation of the VAERS data is hard to get through. It's a really poor system for drawing any scientific conclusions. There's also a straw man argument weaved throughout the section I watched that supposes vaccine vs complete health. The high transmission rate of covid means that any comparison essentially needs to be vaccine vs covid, not vaccine vs nothing. It's the reason I will be having my kids vaccinated as soon as it is available. My daughter had covid last year and was quite sick. Not hospital level sick, but nothing I'd like her to go through again. Much of the debate really has demonstrated an underlying misunderstanding of risk as well as the importance of managing not only individual but also public health through our personal choices.

I watched a bit. His misrepresentation of the VAERS data is hard to get through. It's a really poor system for drawing any scientific conclusions. There's also a straw man argument weaved throughout the section I watched that supposes vaccine vs complete health. The high transmission rate of covid means that any comparison essentially needs to be vaccine vs covid, not vaccine vs nothing. It's the reason I will be having my kids vaccinated as soon as it is available. My daughter had covid last year and was quite sick. Not hospital level sick, but nothing I'd like her to go through again. Much of the debate really has demonstrated an underlying misunderstanding of risk as well as the importance of managing not only individual but also public health through our personal choices.
    Thanks for taking time to watch some of the presentation.

On November 2nd 50 people will be presenting their stories in DC committee about experience with VAERS and personal injuries.

Sorry to hear about your daughter glad she's doing better.

What are you talking about? Rolo was spouting off crazy #### he read on facebook instead of listening to world renowned expert.

Provide immunity is exactly what the vaccines do. From the CDC

mRNA vaccines use mRNA created in a laboratory to teach our cells how to make a protein—or even just a piece of a protein—that triggers an immune response inside our bodies. That immune response, which produces antibodies, is what protects us from getting infected if the real virus enters our bodies.
    and also this study from the CDC shows that natural immunity is not even close to as good as vaccinated immunity

The study of hundreds of Kentucky residents with previous infections through June 2021 found that those who were unvaccinated had 2.34 times the odds of reinfection compared with those who were fully vaccinated. The findings suggest that among people who have had COVID-19 previously, getting fully vaccinated provides additional protection against reinfection.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    What are you talking about? Rolo was spouting off crazy #### he read on facebook instead of listening to world renowned expert.

Provide immunity is exactly what the vaccines do. From the CDC

and also this study from the CDC shows that natural immunity is not even close to as good as vaccinated immunity

Definition of Terms

Immunity: Protection from an infectious disease. If you are immune to a disease, you can be exposed to it without becoming infected.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/imz-basics.htm

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/covid19/mortality-overview.htm

One of the most difficult aspects of vaccine safety and efficacy to overcome is the human bias for inaction versus action. Very few people want to DO something that has a small percentage of risk, even if NOT doing something has a greater risk. We just have a terrible ability to logically analyze risk. The same issue will be true some day for driverless cars. If we know that human drivers mean about 35 - 40k deaths a year, and driverless cars could theoretically cut that in half, they would still be wildly unpopular. People will shun the idea of ceding their own sense of autonomy to a computer, even if the averages are on the side of the automated system.

This is why so many people scream about the unknown long term side effects of the vaccine but minimize the unknown long term side effects of COVID.

So your not satisfied with a vaccine unless it grants 100% immunity? I don't know what the argument is here. That it's safer to get covid and spread it to vulnerable populations. The vaccine was never advertised as 100% effective. The data does not support your position. Your 'expert' is a discredited disgrace.
    Bring back the OCC

Of the dozens of vaccines produced, only a very small handful confer 100% immunity. We call this "sterilizing immunity." Of the other vaccines, we still call them "immunizations" because they, um...immunize!

A layperson Googling a medical definition will most very likely end up with a layperson's answer (usually not helpful, and will eventually be transmitted to a sports board or META (WTH, Zuck?).

Blasphemy, I know, but you can replace all the Hallelujah's in the Hallellujah Chorus with I-vermectin! ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ ♯ Sorry George Frideric! Handy funeral tip.

If you want to understand the anti vax phenomenon simply tune into Fox and watch Tucker and Shaun and Laura ....

Watching what’s happening in the “most vaxxed” countries in world is good idea.

Watching what’s happening in the “most vaxxed” countries in world is good idea.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-same-vaccines

There is a lot of factors that contribute the case rates, hospitalization rates, and death rates.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-same-vaccines

There is a lot of factors that contribute the case rates, hospitalization rates, and death rates.
    From bloomberg article

When experts in infectious disease use words like "probably" we should pay close attention.

said experts like Hitoshi O####ani, an infectious disease epidemiologist at Tohoku University in Japan
    “With the waning of immunity, the earlier you started vaccination, the more breakthrough infections you have now,” said O####ani. “This is probably why they are having high numbers of cases and deaths per population in Israel.”
    O####ani.....caught in the filter )

O$hitani

When someone admits its hard to figure out in real time.....seems reasonable.

“There are lots of moving parts in all these places, and things are moving in different directions,” said David Fisman, an infectious disease doctor at the University of Toronto. “I think we’ll be able to understand in retrospect but it’s hard to figure out in real time.”

Do you have a degree in Medicine? Science? Immunology? Just curious since you seem to have all the answers in regards to vaccines and COVID
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

I have a Jesuit Education.

Not about me.

I have a Jesuit Education.

Not about me.
    So, at your Jesuit university you got all these details on how vaccines work and detailed knowledge of how Covid works? I simply ask because you seem keen to refute even doctors on the subject.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    So, at your Jesuit university you got all these details on how vaccines work and detailed knowledge of how Covid works? I simply ask because you seem keen to refute even doctors on the subject.
    you continue to go down this path.....your posts will end up getting deleted again.

Focus...not about me

use ignore function

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...620-4/fulltext

If vaccination rates in Florida had kept pace with rates in Vermont and Massachusetts — two of the most well-vaccinated states in the nation — DeSantis could have avoided 664,000 cases, 61,000 hospital admissions and 16,000 deaths by August 31st.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7044e1.htm

Among COVID-19–like illness hospitalizations among adults aged ≥18 years whose previous infection or vaccination occurred 90–179 days earlier, the adjusted odds of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 among unvaccinated adults with previous SARS-CoV-2 infection were 5.49-fold higher than the odds among fully vaccinated recipients of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine who had no previous documented infection (95% confidence interval = 2.75–10.99).

you continue to go down this path.....your posts will end up getting deleted again.

Focus...not about me

use ignore function
    What path? I am honestly asking you a question. BTW.... when you are on here telling us all things that are factually incorrect and get refuted by people in the actual field of medicine and you still say you are right and they are wrong... it IS about you. That is why I would like to know your actual credentials to say these things besides using google and facebook. Perhaps better would be for you to focus on what you are being told by people whom are actually knowledgeable in the medical and science fields. Also, please let me know how asking you a real question equates to my posts being deleted?