• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • strikenowhere
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2009

2023 4* PG Layden Blocker

Apparently Zags have made his final 7; has only gone on two unofficial visits so far to Baylor & Arkansas:

2023 four-star Layden Blocker tells
    @On3Recruits
    he’s down to seven schools - Memphis, Baylor, Kansas, Gonzaga, Oklahoma State, Auburn, and Arkansas.
    Anyone heard anything about this young fella?
  • scrooner
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

247 article on his selection:

“I cut my list down because I wanted to keep building relationships with the colleges that have been real prestigious in trying to recruit me. I feel like if I do it now

Gonzaga: “They feel like I am an athletic two-way guard just like Jalen Suggs. They feel like they use that in their system. They play a fast, up-tempo offense and they use a lot of pick-and-roll, motion offense and I feel like that suits me. They play good defense and cause a lot of turnovers.”

Comment

• Irish_eliZAG
      Kennel Club Alum
      • Aug 2018

Gonzaga will be sending an assistant in today for five-star junior Layden Blocker, a source told @Stockrisers. The Zags have had interest for a decent amount of time now — will watch a possible ‘23 target.
      Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Comment

• zagfan08
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Jake tends to round up on the stars... not sure I've seen anyone give Blocker a 5 star ranking. Outside the top 50 on ESPN, 247, and Rivals (admittedly was 33 on Rivals before their last update). But it's clear Gonzaga is casting a wide net on the 2023 backcourt. It's a big recruiting year and we're going to be involved with a bunch of these guys.

Comment

• scrooner
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Feb. 28, 2022 - '23 Layden Blocker is the No. 49 player in the On3 Consensus. On3 caught up with Blocker to go in-depth on his top schools.

Gonzaga: “They play with a lot of two-way guards, like Jalen Suggs. They do a lot of ball screen stuff with their guards, and they play fast.”

“I am just looking for a program that will let me play my game, play free,” Blocker said. “I want to play for a coach that is going to coach me hard and teach me the game, develop me for the next level.”

Comment

• ZagsObserver
            Zag for Life
            • Jan 2010

I’ll take him.

Comment

• Zagdawg
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Jake
              @jakeweingarten
              ·
              2h
              Baylor, Kansas, Arkansas, Gonzaga, Maryland, and Creighton have all continued to reach out to five-star junior Layden Blocker and will watch him in Indy this weekend, source told
              @Stockrisers

Comment

• scrooner
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Arkansas???

Comment

• strikenowhere
                  Zag for Life
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by scrooner View Post
                  Arkansas???
                  Completely unsurprising; Blocker is from Little Rock.

Comment

• scrooner
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

They have to be recruiting over people who have just committed at this point.

Comment

• scrooner
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Layden planning to announce July 2. Has visited Kansas St and has 3 more scheduled, to Maryland, Arkansas & Kansas. I haven't seen anything about him & Gonzaga, so I'd guess we're out of this one.

Comment

Working...
                      X