• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seacatfan
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2014

Sloot is a WNBA Champion!

Big 4th quarter comeback for the Sky today to take the series 3-1. Sloot was great all during the playoffs, shattered multiple records with her passing.
  • daskim
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2020

Phoenix’s Diana Taurasi made a pair of free throws to cut the Mercury’s deficit to 76-74 with 42.3 seconds remaining, but Vandersloot made a turnaround jumper and then iced the win with a pair of free throws with 10.4 seconds to go.

One of my all time Gonzaga favorites. Delight to watch her play. Heady passing skills. Unselfish.

Comment

• sittingon50
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Congratulations Sloot!

But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• Once and Future Zag
        Zag for Life
        • Jan 2008

Flat out the best passer I've seen since '94 (when I started attending GU) - Mens or Women's.

The best court vision and the best execution.
        History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Comment

• Zaglaw
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Sue Bird said that Courtney's teammates make 71% of their shots following passes from her. She was very impressed with that stat. I loved watching her play at GU and love watching her play in the WNBA. And her wife, Ally Quigley, had a really impressive shooting game today. So happy for them both.

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
            Administrator
            • Apr 2009

Sloot was one rebound shy of a triple-double with 10 points, 15 assists, and 9 rebounds. Wow.
            “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• zagzilla
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

When will they hang her jersey in the Kennel? Hopefully soon.

ZZ

Comment

• GonzaGAW
                Zag for Life
                • Aug 2012

- down the stretch chicago's last 6 possessions, courtney dished out 4 assists, then made the last basket to go up by 4 with 15 seconds left, then drained two free throws when the game was no longer in doubt.

- so glad for her and chicago. over the course of that series she averaged 11.5 points and 12.5 assist per game! she was robbed in not being given the MVP trophy.

- side note, it is because of courtney that my wife and i started going to she her play at gonzaga and have been women's season ticket holders ever since her junior season.
                -

Comment

• willandi
                  Zag for Life
                  • Nov 2007

"Vandersloot finished with 10 points and 15 assists."

With a final of 80 points for the winning score, Vandersloot accounted for AT LEAST 40 of them (assuming none of her assists resulted in 3 pointers).
                  Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• seacatfan
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by GonzaGAW View Post
                    - so glad for her and chicago. over the course of that series she averaged 11.5 points and 12.5 assist per game! she was robbed in not being given the MVP trophy.
                    -
                    Copper was very good during the series and throughout the playoffs. Either one was deserving of MVP. I'm glad they didn't give it to Parker for sentimental reasons (and no doubt she had a big impact on the series, but not more so than her 2 teammates).

Comment

• seacatfan
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by zagzilla View Post
                      When will they hang her jersey in the Kennel? Hopefully soon.

ZZ
                      They still haven't? What are they waiting for? That's a no brainer if there ever was one.

Iowa retired the jersey of their career leading scorer and rebounder, Megan Gustafson, the NEXT season after she graduated. That's a bit quick, but I don't understand waiting either. Every time I'm in Hec Ed and don't see Kelsey Plum's # hanging from the rafters, I just shake my head. It's been long enough for her, get it done.

Comment

• Fonebone
                        Kennel Club
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Once and Future Zag View Post
                        Flat out the best passer I've seen since '94 (when I started attending GU) - Mens or Women's.

The best court vision and the best execution.
                        I agree. I’m no expert but she always seemed the best to me. Amazing passing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• StocktonZag
                          Bulldog Fan
                          • Feb 2007

Way past time to retire her GU jersey. She is GU through and through.

Comment

• tyra
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Retire.Her.Jersey.Now! Maybe I am missing an obvious someone here but has any GU grad ever had a more successful combined GU-professional career than Sloot (other than John Stockton)? She is the best of the best!

Comment

• ZagDad84
                              Zag for Life
                              • Dec 2014

Originally posted by tyra View Post
                              Retire.Her.Jersey.Now! Maybe I am missing an obvious someone here but has any GU grad ever had a more successful combined GU-professional career than Sloot (other than John Stockton)? She is the best of the best!
                              To be fair, Stockton's jersey was not retired until he retired from the NBA. John retired in 2003 and the Zags retired his Jersey # in 2004.

I am sure that Sloot will get her jersey retired very quickly after she retires from the WNBA which hopefully will not occur for several more years.

ZagDad

Comment

Working...
                              X