Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: -Answer these questions, and we will revisit after the first month of the season-

Post -Answer these questions, and we will revisit after the first month of the season-

Whoever gets the most questions correct will receive 7 additional 'fan points'.

1) Who will lead the team in scoring?
    2) Who will lead the team in rebounding?
    3) Who will be the most exciting offensive player we have? (subjective, I realize)
    4) Out of these players, who will contribute the most? (Strawther, Sallis, Hickman, Perry, Gregg, Bolton)
    5) Out of these players, who will contribute the least? (Strawther, Sallis, Hickman, Perry, Gregg, Bolton)
    6) Who will be the team's most dunkiest dunker?
    7) Look at the list of games for our first month of the season. How many losses will we have?

Last edited by gozagswoohoo; 10-13-2021 at 10:18 AM.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

1) Timme
    2) Chet
    3) Strawther
    4) Strawther
    5) Perry
    6) Sallis
    7) Want to say zero.. but figuring 1
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

1) Who will lead the team in scoring? TIMME
    2) Who will lead the team in rebounding? TIMME
    3) Who will be the most exciting offensive player we have? (subjective, I realize) SALLIS
    4) Out of these players, who will contribute the most? STRAWTHER
    5) Out of these players, who will contribute the least? PERRY
    6) Who will be the team's most dunkiest dunker? SALLIS
    7) Look at the list of games for our first month of the season. How many losses will we have? 2

[/QUOTE]
    He can move 15 ft to the left or right about as fast as my eyes can see it, his name could just as well be Hunter Hustle -ZagsGoZags 11/17/21

1. timme
    2. timme
    3. strawther
    4. strawther
    5. perry (because i see a lot of holmgren, strawther and watson minutes ahead of him)
    6. sallis
    7. one

1) Timme
    2) Holmgren
    3) Sallis - there will be spots where he blows our minds and spots where he looks like a freshman.
    4) Bolton - Strawther is a close second.
    5) Perry - has to fully recover from back yet
    6) Holmgren (because he is going to have the most attempts)
    7) 1 Hoping for 0
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

1. Timme
    2. Holmgren
    3. Bolton (you meant subjective)
    4. Bolton
    5. Perry
    6. Sallis
    7. 1

Quote Originally Posted by StatZag View Post
    1. Timme
    2. Holmgren
    3. Bolton (you meant subjective)
    4. Bolton
    5. Perry
    6. Sallis
    7. 1
    SUBJECTIVE! Yes, thanks. Grammar is not one of my strong suits. I am more better at other stuff.

1) Who will lead the team in scoring? - Holmgren
    2) Who will lead the team in rebounding? - Timme
    3) Who will be the most exciting offensive player we have? (subjective, I realize) - Hickman
    4) Out of these players, who will contribute the most? (Strawther, Sallis, Hickman, Perry, Gregg, Bolton) - Bolton
    5) Out of these players, who will contribute the least? (Strawther, Sallis, Hickman, Perry, Gregg, Bolton) - Sallis
    6) Who will be the team's most dunkiest dunker? - Perry
    7) Look at the list of games for our first month of the season. How many losses will we have? - 0
    Ihre Papiere bitte

1) Who will lead the team in scoring? Timme
    2) Who will lead the team in rebounding? Holmgren
    3) Who will be the most exciting offensive player we have? (subjective, I realize) Strawther
    4) Out of these players, who will contribute the most? (Strawther, Sallis, Hickman, Perry, Gregg, Bolton) Strawther
    5) Out of these players, who will contribute the least? (Strawther, Sallis, Hickman, Perry, Gregg, Bolton) Perry
    6) Who will be the team's most dunkiest dunker? Perry
    7) Look at the list of games for our first month of the season. How many losses will we have? 1

1-Timme
    2- Holmgren
    3- Strawther
    4- Strawther
    5- Perry
    6- Strawther
    7- 0

1) Timme
    2) Holmgren
    3) Nembhard
    4) Strawther
    5) Perry
    6) Holmgren
    7) ZERO
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

1. Timme
    2. Holmgren
    3. Sallis
    4. Strawther
    5. Perry
    6. Sallis
    7. 1 (Texas, team might not be quite ready for that level of opponent yet)

1) Timme
    2) Chet
    3) Strawther
    4) Strawther
    5) Perry
    6) Sallis
    7) Want to say 1 but I'll go with zero. Every other team is starting over again this year too. I think the Zags talent is as good as anybody's that they play.
    Juzang got hot in the dance, but the season long stats weren't there, so I don't feel threatened by him plus we have some different guards that should be able to handle him.
    Chet played against Paolo and was better.
    I don't know Texas but first real game of the season and in the kennel, I just don't see it.

I don't know about Alabama or Tech either...but I'm sticking to my answer and I don't want to call a friend.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Great thread WooHoo. Here goes...

1. Timme. Will have crazy high usage stats
    2. Timme. He will be a double double machine
    3. Nembhard. I think he is going to play at an AA level and for some reason people will be surprised
    4. Strawther. Will get a lot of rotation minutes and make the most of them
    5. Perry is buried behind too much front court depth
    6. Holmgren who may also be our most shootiest 3 point shooter
    7. 2 but they will be the only losses we have all season

ZZ

Question from the back row, Professor WooHoo:

Are you defining the first month of the season as the 11/9 to 12/9 stretch ?
    The entirety of the 12 games listed ?
    The 8 games played in November ?

Asking as it impacts the answer to your 7th query.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Question from the back row, Professor WooHoo:

Are you defining the first month of the season as the 11/9 to 12/9 stretch ?
    The entirety of the 12 games listed ?
    The 8 games played in November ?

Asking as it impacts the answer to your 7th query.
    haha. I guess I wasn’t too clear on that huh?! I SAID ‘first month’, but it’s actually more like 6 weeks because I’m asking about those specific games in the pic.

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    haha. I guess I wasn’t too clear on that huh?! I SAID ‘first month’, but it’s actually more like 6 weeks because I’m asking about those specific games in the pic.
    Got it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    Do you mean the specific games in THAT pic, or specific games in some other pic?
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Do you mean the specific games in THAT pic, or specific games in some other pic?
    Just the specific games in the schedule pic I attached in the OP.

1) Who will lead the team in scoring? Drew Timme. He will average over 17 ppg.
    2) Who will lead the team in rebounding? Drew Timme. Rebounding is a concern. Drew isnt great, but not sure who else I would take.
    3) Who will be the most exciting offensive player we have? (subjective, I realize) Julian Strawther. On GU years of past he would average 15 ppg this year.
    4) Out of these players, who will contribute the most? (Strawther, Sallis, Hickman, Perry, Gregg, Bolton) Nolan Hickman with Strawther and bolton right behind. Hickman will score and distribute. Bolton and Strawther will be more scorers and defenders.
    5) Out of these players, who will contribute the least? (Strawther, Sallis, Hickman, Perry, Gregg, Bolton) Perry or Gregg. Dont see either getting more than a few minutes per game.
    6) Who will be the team's most dunkiest dunker? Sallis but in limited minutes. He will have the most exciting dunks on the year.
    7) Look at the list of games for our first month of the season. How many losses will we have? UCLA and Texas, if any. Both are much more experienced than we are. Texas is at home though and they have a ton of new pieces that need to gel as well. UCLA could definitely beat us. Same team with a few very good added pieces. Plus a revenge win to them is more meaningful than another top win for GU.

[QUOTE=gozagswoohoo;1572549]Whoever gets the most questions correct will receive 7 additional 'fan points'.

3) Who will be the most exciting offensive player we have? (subjective, I realize)
    4) Out of these players, who will contribute the most? (Strawther, Sallis, Hickman, Perry, Gregg, Bolton)
    5) Out of these players, who will contribute the least? (Strawther, Sallis, Hickman, Perry, Gregg, Bolton)
    7) Look at the list of games for our first month of the season. How many losses will we have?

1.) Timme
    2.) Timme
    3.) Holmgren
    4.) Sallis
    5.) Perry
    6.) Strawther
    7.) 1

1 - timme
    2 - chet
    3- chet
    4 - hickman
    5 - bolton
    6 - kaden
    7 - 0

nembhard is being chosen but is not on list of eligibles
    i can't wait to see what Reborn says, (although he many not answer question #5)

1) Who will lead the team in scoring? Timme
    2) Who will lead the team in rebounding? Chet
    3) Who will be the most exciting offensive player we have? Strawther
    6) Who will be the team's most dunkiest dunker? Chet with Kaden as a close second
    7) Look at the list of games for our first month of the season. How many losses will we have? 1

-Timme. His moustache alone probably has better footwork than most of college basketball. Factor in an entire person with hands, and arms and everything else and-- watch out!

Chet. I have a feeling that, with his Inspector Gadget biometric profile, he will be an excellent out of area rebounder. Besides, he is so thin that some will not notice he is even there, and those that do notice will be futile in their efforts, like trying to box out the wind.

-On a per-minute basis, my pick is Kaden Perry (if he doesn't routinely pass out from the altitude when jumping)

3) Who will be the most exciting offensive player we have?

-Chet. He is unicorn and I feel like he will do some original stuff this year. I fully expect a sparkly rainbow to trail behind him while dunking on fast breaks. If you beg to differ because you don' find rainbows exciting, I have nothing more to say to you.

-Strawther. His ball will find the bottom of the net* with the ease of George Jetson at the sprocket factory.

*This is meant to describe a made FG, as it is assumed in this example that the ball will enter the net by first passing down through the rim first

- This question is causing cognitive dissonance and I must pass. Before my brain short-circuited, the answer was Sallis

-Perry, who I expect to be Clarke 2.0.

- Zero. This team makes history one way or another every year, it seems. Being an undefeated team plus winning a national championship is about all that is left.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post

-Timme. His moustache alone probably has better footwork than most of college basketball. Factor in an entire person with hands, and arms and everything else and-- watch out!

Chet. I have a feeling that, with his Inspector Gadget biometric profile, he will be an excellent out of area rebounder. Besides, he is so thin that some will not notice he is even there, and those that do notice will be futile in their efforts, like trying to box out the wind.

-On a per-minute basis, my pick is Kaden Perry (if he doesn't routinely pass out from the altitude when jumping)

3) Who will be the most exciting offensive player we have?

-Chet. He is unicorn and I feel like he will do some original stuff this year. I fully expect a sparkly rainbow to trail behind him while dunking on fast breaks. If you beg to differ because you don' find rainbows exciting, I have nothing more to say to you.

-Strawther. His ball will find the bottom of the net* with the ease of George Jetson at the sprocket factory.

*This is meant to describe a made FG, as it is assumed in this example that the ball will enter the net by first passing down through the rim first

- This question is causing cognitive dissonance and I must pass. Before my brain short-circuited, the answer was Sallis

-Perry, who I expect to be Clarke 2.0.

- Zero. This team makes history one way or another every year, it seems. Being an undefeated team plus winning a national championship is about all that is left.
    POTT

That stands for "Post of the Thread". I just made it up. It is you.