Thread: Zags Still #1

Hybrid View

Default Zags Still #1

They replaced Sallis with Bolton as starter.

Acknowledged Nembard....I predict will have HUGE year...AA

The one flying under the radar to non Zags fans is Strawther

It can be argued Nembhard's return is flying under the radar a bit; he's one of the best point guards in the country.
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...nkings-2021-22

We will find out very quickly what we have early on. I see adversity early on with this group with such a high profile schedule to start with alot of young players. Should be fun.
    America's Team!

Who believes Few will start 3 guards. I see Watson or Strawther starting .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    Who believes Few will start 3 guards. I see Watson or Strawther starting .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    We have 4 guards (pg, sg) on the roster. I don't see how we start 3 of them.

Nembhard is a guarantee, then most likely Bolton, followed by Hickman, and Sallis. I see Sallis more as a 3 with Strawther

I see Nembhard & Hickman & Strawther spotting up threes as Timme Holmgren draw double teams.

Watson Bolton Sallis Gregg Perry

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    I see Nembhard & Hickman & Strawther spotting up threes as Timme Holmgren draw double teams.

Watson Bolton Sallis Gregg Perry
    I think its even more a case of playing 4 out with Timme down low. What the hell do opposing defenses do against that?? Timme is going to take you to the hole unless double-teamed and if he is there are 4 3pt shots on the perimeter waiting for a shot, with the potential for crazy penetration drives. Imagine some poor smuck forward guarding Holmgren on the wing when he decides to drive? LOLOL

If we're dynamic enough, our 1 through 3 starters might be a function of the team we're playing on a given night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    I think its even more a case of playing 4 out with Timme down low. What the hell do opposing defenses do against that?? Timme is going to take you to the hole unless double-teamed and if he is there are 4 3pt shots on the perimeter waiting for a shot, with the potential for crazy penetration drives. Imagine some poor smuck forward guarding Holmgren on the wing when he decides to drive? LOLOL
    Agree w this take 100%. Starting Nembhard, Hickman. Strawther, Holmgren and Timme for a 1 in 4 out offense w Timme down low will be very hard to guard. Let Holmgren and Timme swap outside in now and again too as either can take a traditional big off the dribble.

Sub in Watson, Sallis, Bolton and move to full court pressing D w Watson up top, Chet at the back and one of Nembhard or Hickman staying in to run the point. OMG…salivating. Who knows, maybe Perry earns minutes as the post D shot blocker w the pressing D lineup and give Chet a rest too.

Gotta get Gregg minutes too somehow cause he looks ready…certainly on the offensive end. TBD defensively.
    He can move 15 ft to the left or right about as fast as my eyes can see it, his name could just as well be Hunter Hustle -ZagsGoZags 11/17/21