• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zagceo
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2013

Zags Still #1

They replaced Sallis with Bolton as starter.

Acknowledged Nembard....I predict will have HUGE year...AA

The one flying under the radar to non Zags fans is Strawther

It can be argued Nembhard's return is flying under the radar a bit; he's one of the best point guards in the country.
  • HenneZag
    Zag for Life
    • Aug 2012

We will find out very quickly what we have early on. I see adversity early on with this group with such a high profile schedule to start with alot of young players. Should be fun.
    America's Team!

Comment

• White lightning
      Zag for Life
      • Dec 2017

Who believes Few will start 3 guards. I see Watson or Strawther starting .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• IowaSERE
        Bleeds GU Blue
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by White lightning View Post
        Who believes Few will start 3 guards. I see Watson or Strawther starting .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
        We have 4 guards (pg, sg) on the roster. I don't see how we start 3 of them.

Nembhard is a guarantee, then most likely Bolton, followed by Hickman, and Sallis. I see Sallis more as a 3 with Strawther

Comment

• Zagceo
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2013

I see Nembhard & Hickman & Strawther spotting up threes as Timme Holmgren draw double teams.

Watson Bolton Sallis Gregg Perry

Comment

• strikenowhere
            Zag for Life
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
            I see Nembhard & Hickman & Strawther spotting up threes as Timme Holmgren draw double teams.

Watson Bolton Sallis Gregg Perry
            I think its even more a case of playing 4 out with Timme down low. What the hell do opposing defenses do against that?? Timme is going to take you to the hole unless double-teamed and if he is there are 4 3pt shots on the perimeter waiting for a shot, with the potential for crazy penetration drives. Imagine some poor smuck forward guarding Holmgren on the wing when he decides to drive? LOLOL

Comment

• zagdontzig
              Zag for Life
              • Mar 2016

If we're dynamic enough, our 1 through 3 starters might be a function of the team we're playing on a given night.
              Originally posted by Reborn
              Go Zags!!!
              Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

• GonzaGAW
                Zag for Life
                • Aug 2012

- yeah, i do not see coach few starting 3 guards
                - i can well imagine him always having a veteran point guard paired with one of his 5 star recruits. so nembhard and hickman starting makes sense. spelled by bolton and sallis
                - i think strawther has to start, i.e. get your best talent on the floor.
                - timmie and holmgren of course are no brainers along with nembhard as starters.

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
                  Zag for Life
                  • Nov 2007

Julian Strawther has been identified as a Guard every day since he was placed on the roster both years. When he is on the floor (technically speaking) the team will almost always be a 3 guard lineup.

Comment

• zagfan08
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Game is positionless (outside of bigs) and thankfully Gonzaga has moved that way as well. I wouldn't get caught up with guards and wings. Best players will play, best lineups will play the most. I've said since he signed that I'd start Hickman but if Bolton earns that spot, that's fine too. Everyone will get opportunities to show they should play more and the lineup can change, as we saw last year.

Comment

• zagamatic
                      Zag for Life
                      • Aug 2009

Just for fun, I'd love to see Nembhard at the 1, Strawther at the 2, Holmgren at the 3, Watson the 4, and Timme at the 5. Might get interesting on defense against a quick team, but how in the world would they guard these guys when they're on offense?

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
                        Zag for Life
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by zagfan08 View Post
                        Game is positionless (outside of bigs) and thankfully Gonzaga has moved that way as well. I wouldn't get caught up with guards and wings. Best players will play, best lineups will play the most. I've said since he signed that I'd start Hickman but if Bolton earns that spot, that's fine too. Everyone will get opportunities to show they should play more and the lineup can change, as we saw last year.
                        Hi Zag08, I know it has moved towards positionless. I am responding to the posts above where the topic is will we start 3 guards or not. In that conversation guards are positions, like forwards and centers.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Nemby, Hickman, Straw, Chet, Tims seem obvious day one starters, with Bolton and Gregg quick first subs. Watson and Sallis compete for the 8th and last spot in the ro.

Comment

• ZANY
                            Kennel Club
                            • Dec 2020

You put Gregg ahead of Watson on the depth chart? I’d have to strongly disagree. It seems very unlikely to me. Sure, Gregg had a good showing in the scrimmage but it wasn’t that spectacular, certainly not enough for me to think he will leapfrog Watson.

Comment

• ZagsObserver
                              Zag for Life
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ZANY View Post
                              You put Gregg ahead of Watson on the depth chart? I’d have to strongly disagree. It seems very unlikely to me. Sure, Gregg had a good showing in the scrimmage but it wasn’t that spectacular, certainly not enough for me to think he will leapfrog Watson.
                              Yep. Sallis will get strong minutes. Watson will be first off the bench, followed by Bolton. Gregg will get spot minutes outside of garbage time.

Comment

Working...
                              X