Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anthony Black's Visit for Kraziness

Quote Originally Posted by LocalNative View Post
    I really really hope recruits don't read this idiotic forum, especially considering that there's 70 year old Texans who think they know better than the coaching staff. Grow up old timer. The forum community nor the recruits and/or their parents want to read about your stupid opinion on why a kid would make any decision in his life.
    I'm not 70, sport.

Let’s not attack 70 year olds, I am 70 and though I don’t post very often I read posts daily and am quite appalled by some negativity and down right attacks, especially as it concerns recruits and even our players. There is plenty of negativity in the world, we need to be encouraging and uplifting not attacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mvzags View Post
    Let’s not attack 70 year olds, I am 70 and though I don’t post very often I read posts daily and am quite appalled by some negativity and down right attacks, especially as it concerns recruits and even our players. There is plenty of negativity in the world, we need to be encouraging and uplifting not attacking.
    Bravo.! So much hate and negativity in the world these days. Unfortunately, even displayed on this forum. Very unpleasant.

This board really sucks sometimes.

We Gonzaga fans must represent the best of who we are. Aspirations for Zag culture are not only for coaches, athletes and students. Zag culture applies to fans also.
    Let’s be winner’s together.
    Humanity is one family with one heart.

signed,
    a 76 year old timer
    humanity is one family ... with one heart

Too bad this thread sucks. Hopefully Black will be a Zag.

I really really hope recruits don't read this idiotic forum, especially considering that there's 70 year old Texans who think they know better than the coaching staff. Grow up old timer. The forum community nor the recruits and/or their parents want to read about your stupid opinion on why a kid would make any decision in his life.
    Local... lighten up. Turning toward personal attacks isn't desirable. Tex is A very learned long term valuable poster. We'd like to think we're friends her. Tex lives in that neighborhood and knows the territory.

I am not sure if we can fit zag material into a square box. But what I do know is that if he did choose the zags we would all be happy! 20 year olds through 90 year olds alike (no pun intended) I like a lot of engagement even though I may not agree with what everyone thinks and probably vice versa. It is what it is.

I responded to your loud mouth in the other thread, just shut up. The coaches only recruit zags you imbecile. I would be ecstatic if he comes to gonzaga, you saboteur
    This kind of post isn’t zag material. I do know that haha.

JP is right, this board sucks sometimes. We are finally in the best season of the year - fall. And that means our team is playing basketball. They are so bad at losing that they tied in the kraziness game. Hoping Dom gets well soon.

Zags will be a force this season. Go zags!
    Qualified for 23 Straight Big Dances

12 Straight Round of 32s

11 Sweet Sixteens (6 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Trust me, if anyone can, Tex can handle flak.

SMH... started off a good thread... then people got personal about a potential player and then people got personal with each other. Shut this damn thing down... hell delete it. People blathered on about closing a thread about something factual. THIS is the dung heap that they SHOULD have been complaining about. This is pathetic in every sort of way and what is wrong with this board.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    Eric McClellan wasn't Zag material until he was one.

Unlike a lot of posters not everyone is perfect. People make decisions that they regret later.

It's not fair to judge Anthony based on a decision in highschool. I'm guessing he was misinformed by someone he trusted. There's no way he would have done this knowing he may be deemed ineligible by a board overseers.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    +1

I also remember one poster who rarely posts here anymore who referred to Jeremy Pargo as a "punk" who didn't deserve to adorn the Gonzaga uniform. For me, Pargo represents everything that is GOOD about Gonzaga. Kid grows up in one of the worst neighborhoods in Chicago. Jeremy, his brother and his mom were just looking for a way out. The kid worked his tail off to get into Gonzaga, and he rewarded the staff, the fans and the university by becoming a Gonzaga graduate. For me, Jeremy represented the epitome of what a Zag is. His first day on campus Few checked in on him because he was worried about Pargo being an inner city kid in Spokane. He was out on the grounds of Gonzaga playing flag football with a bunch of regular, run of the mill Gonzaga students. They loved the guy. That's when Few knew he hit the jackpot. The Pargos were just looking for a way out of their terrible circumstances. Since then, Jeremy and his bro have been able to get their mom out of poverty and living in an area that is more appropriate for such an outstanding woman and mother.