Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Black's Visit for Kraziness

Default Anthony Black's Visit for Kraziness

Sounds like the crowd did good! He was at the game with his mom and younger brother. Spokesman story and interview: https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...e-star-combo-/

Well if it doesn't work out maybe his brother is interested. He's sporting Zags gear.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nice comment!!

"I knew it was a basketball school, but the culture, the people, the fans, everybody's super invested in Gonzaga basketball. Just seeing that was crazy." Five-star guard Anthony Black couldn't say enough about the Bulldogs after Kraziness in the Kennel.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...mpression=true

Any more news?

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Any more news?
    I don't think there is much official news on the way anytime soon; Meehan's article had Black stating that he's taking everything in and is going to sit on any sort of top-5 or decision day for at least a few weeks.

His dad played at Baylor correct?

looked at ESPN recruiting and GU isn’t listed lotsa of others

GU late to the party?

This is going to be an unpopular opinion, but this kid is not Zag material. He's currently ineligible to play, as his transfer to basketball power house Duncanville was deemed for athletic reasons. It sure as Hades was not for academic reasons, going from a top 100 high school to a school ranked near 900.

It can't be about facilities, either, as Coppell has one of the best basketball arenas in the state.

IMO, he'll enter the transfer portal at the first bump in the road.

He could be a great player, he's just not Zag material.

https://www.dallasnews.com/high-scho...o-duncanville/

One of the best basketball players in the nation may be forced to sit out his senior season.

Five-star guard Anthony Black, who transferred from Coppell to defending Class 6A state champion Duncanville, has been ruled ineligible by the district executive committee from 11-6A. The DEC ruled that the third-ranked player in Texas transferred for athletic purposes when he left Coppell and transferred to a Duncanville program that has won the last two 6A state championships.

Mansfield ISD executive director of athletics Philip O’Neal, the chairman of the 11-6A DEC, said that Coppell marked on Black’s Previous Athletic Participation Form that he transferred for athletic purposes. That triggered the DEC meeting, and it was a unanimous vote that Black should be ineligible.

So they can pay kids for NIL but kids can’t decide what High school to play sports for?

should come to Cali

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...ate/ar-AAMR7rS

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    So they can pay kids for NIL but kids can’t decide what High school to play sports for?

should come to Cali

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...ate/ar-AAMR7rS
    No thanks, I grew up in Cali, you can have it.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    No thanks, I grew up in Cali, you can have it.
    Wasn’t about you Tex…

Would love to see Anthony Black in a Zags uniform.

Would not love to see any more posts from TexasZagFan on the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Wasn’t about you Tex…
    LOL, I know...there's a reason why those transfer rules exist in Texas...all his mom had to do was move into the Duncanville district, problem solved. Duncanville is a fine place to live, and it's about 25 miles from Coppell.

I haven't posted in forever, but felt compelled to say something when I saw the tired old "not Zag material" trope revisited. I thought that BS had been retired long ago, deservedly.

Chill out, he’s not coming anyway. But where will he play this season? Monteverde, IMG, etc, they got spots.

Speaking of Montverde Academy, hey wait, Andrew Nembhard moved from Canada to Florida so that he could enroll in Montverde....for athletic purposes. OMG. I never new that Nembhard wasn't "Zag material". Better stop recruiting Mookie Cook too....

I am glad AB enjoyed his visit and got to spend the time with the team and see the final four banners unveiled. Gonzaga put its best foot forward and hopefully that makes the difference in his decision which will not be today or in the very near future.

Looks like Ok St after reviewing things. Joe .. there are some kids that fit at GU and some that don’t. The label Zag Material is an ancient concept but in some cases, the label seems to fit. Not defending labels or that one in particular but there are kids who simply wouldn’t fit. The ones that do often receive the label. Right or wrong. Honestly, I don’t mind it.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Looks like Ok St after reviewing things. Joe .. there are some kids that fit at GU and some that don’t. The label Zag Material is an ancient concept but in some cases, the label seems to fit. Not defending labels or that one in particular but there are kids who simply wouldn’t fit. The ones that do often receive the label. Right or wrong. Honestly, I don’t mind it.
    The quality of character of the young men representing GU was more than evident yesterday. A tribute to Few, et al. It’s been so long since we had a stinker, I can’t recall a name.

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    I don't think there is much official news on the way anytime soon; Meehan's article had Black stating that he's taking everything in and is going to sit on any sort of top-5 or decision day for at least a few weeks.
    Thanks.

If the team likes him and the coaches like him, he’s Zag material. I trust them on this more Han anything else basketball related, and that’s saying a lot because they do so many things well on a consistent basis.

Eric McClellan wasn't Zag material until he was one.

Unlike a lot of posters not everyone is perfect. People make decisions that they regret later.

It's not fair to judge Anthony based on a decision in highschool. I'm guessing he was misinformed by someone he trusted. There's no way he would have done this knowing he may be deemed ineligible by a board overseers.

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    Eric McClellan wasn't Zag material until he was one.

Unlike a lot of posters not everyone is perfect. People make decisions that they regret later.

It's not fair to judge Anthony based on a decision in highschool. I'm guessing he was misinformed by someone he trusted. There's no way he would have done this knowing he may be deemed ineligible by a board overseers.

We brought the best out of McClellan. Super kid, he just needed the right circumstances. I agree with you White. I don't think anyone is counting Black out, it[s just that the prevalent feeling is that he's gone elsewhere. I'm sure he's a high character kid (at least I hope so)............and obviously a superior player.......it just won't be here by his own choice. I don't see black marks but everything points to him going elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    This is going to be an unpopular opinion, but this kid is not Zag material. He's currently ineligible to play, as his transfer to basketball power house Duncanville was deemed for athletic reasons. It sure as Hades was not for academic reasons, going from a top 100 high school to a school ranked near 900.

It can't be about facilities, either, as Coppell has one of the best basketball arenas in the state.

IMO, he'll enter the transfer portal at the first bump in the road.

He could be a great player, he's just not Zag material.
    I responded to your loud mouth in the other thread, just shut up. The coaches only recruit zags you imbecile. I would be ecstatic if he comes to gonzaga, you saboteur

Quote Originally Posted by LocalNative View Post
    I responded to your loud mouth in the other thread, just shut up. The coaches only recruit zags you imbecile. I would be ecstatic if he comes to gonzaga, you saboteur

I really really hope recruits don't read this idiotic forum, especially considering that there's 70 year old Texans who think they know better than the coaching staff. Grow up old timer. The forum community nor the recruits and/or their parents want to read about your stupid opinion on why a kid would make any decision in his life.