• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZagHouse
    Kennel Club
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by MDABE80
    Watching.....doesn't seem so. Few's got some major dunkers!
    It’s called sarcasm. Sorry if it wasn’t evident.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80
      Both superior but the improvement in Gregg is amazing so far. Bigger, more adjusted athletic. He's worked for it.
      Gregg’s so composed and physically gifted.

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Bing View Post
        OMFG

What possible “wound” could GonzagSauraesFlex have?
        Easy there, Bing. The “wound” is administration’s disingenuous scheduling of an unprecedented 2nd exhibition game so the suspension for 4 events can neatly conclude prior to Texas game. The salt is announcing this same day as Kraziness rather than a week or longer ago so this weekend’s focus could be on the players and the season ahead.

I’m here for all your reading comprehension needs moving forward. This one was not difficult to comprehend but since the scrimmage is not streaming now, I don’t mind connecting the elementary dots for you.
        Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• kitzbuel
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
          Check Twitter. It’s a national story.
          I found out reading the scroll on ESPN during the Ole Miss / Ark game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
          - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• Zagceo
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2013

Now if that included NOT coaching at all until after the Dixie game....that would be different.

Comment

• zagamatic
              Zag for Life
              • Aug 2009

Am I the only one who remembers having 2 exhibition games EVERY YEAR until it was "allowed" to play another high level team in a scrimmage that doesn't count on your win / loss record? It's not like it's a bad thing to get a group of mostly 1st and 2nd year players used to playing an actual game instead of a scrimmage where the clock and substitutions are much less like a real game.
              Fyi, I take it to mean that a "basketball event" would also include a secret scrimmage. So what difference does it make if it's a cupcake game or a scrimmage other than actually giving the assistant coaches another chance to call the shots, aka practice being the head coach. Not a bad idea in my book in a season where Few could easily be sidelined due to covid19 protocol for who knows how long.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by zagamatic View Post
                Am I the only one who remembers having 2 exhibition games EVERY YEAR until it was "allowed" to play another high level team in a scrimmage that doesn't count on your win / loss record? It's not like it's a bad thing to get a group of mostly 1st and 2nd year players used to playing an actual game instead of a scrimmage where the clock and substitutions are much less like a real game.
                Fyi, I take it to mean that a "basketball event" would also include a secret scrimmage. So what difference does it make if it's a cupcake game or a scrimmage other than actually giving the assistant coaches another chance to call the shots, aka practice being the head coach. Not a bad idea in my book in a season where Few could easily be sidelined due to covid19 protocol for who knows how long.
                Mixing Few up with the Wazzu football coach?

Comment

• Bing
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
                  Easy there, Bing. The “wound” is administration’s disingenuous scheduling of an unprecedented 2nd exhibition game so the suspension for 4 events can neatly conclude prior to Texas game. The salt is announcing this same day as Kraziness rather than a week or longer ago so this weekend’s focus could be on the players and the season ahead.

I’m here for all your reading comprehension needs moving forward. This one was not difficult to comprehend but since the scrimmage is not streaming now, I don’t mind connecting the elementary dots for you.
                  I will excuse your error filled post as I have to assume you are a new “fan” (or Johnny Come Lately) with your reference to “unprecedented” 2 exhibition games. I recall my season tickets having 2 exhibition games at least a dozen times. The last decade or so we didn’t get those as the “2nd” exhibition game was a “secret” scrimmage … which was usually finalized in August.

So. Please. Go ahead and lick your horrific, personal “wounds” … since you have no idea what you are talking about.
                  gobroncsgozags: "Have a great day in the podunk, crap hole known as Roslyn."

Comment

• bballbeachbum
                    Zag for Life
                    • Dec 2008

Hi everyone!

If this was Duke and K, or KU and Self, or UK and Cal, or AZ with what's his name pre Tommy, I would call BS on this.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bballbeachbum View Post
                      Hi everyone!

If this was Duke and K, or KU and Self, or UK and Cal, or AZ with what's his name pre Tommy, I would call BS on this.
                      On what, exactly?

Comment

• SunDevilGolfZag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by zag buddy View Post
                        My God it's over the top. We have a legal system with penalties for such incidents. what have we all become!!!! I think I live in a world of wusses these days. How many nights have you all driven while drinking? In my case I could say many hundreds of times. Total the number who read this board and a million times wouldn't be out of line. Who's life could withstand such scrutiny? Oh Yeah, we didn't get caught. I would like to see this WOKE society spend more time on judging themselves and less time on judging others. What happened to forgiveness!!!!!, Lesson learned I'm sure. Get on with life. You can focus on happiness and joy or you can focus on shet. It won't say anything about Mark Few, but it will say a whole lot about you. Rant over.
                        Well said

Comment

• bballbeachbum
                          Zag for Life
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                          On what, exactly?
                          The same as others, and if it was another program as previously mentioned, I expect many others here would too, including some not doing so now. You disagree with rhat?

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
                            Zag for Life
                            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by zagamatic View Post
                            So the team that everyone predicts to be the top team in all of cbb needs more practice games and to better prepare for top teams by playing central Washington junior college state? And the staff just figured this out the last few weeks that gaining more experience by playing cwjcs was the solution?

In other news I have some wonderful ocean front property in the sahara to offer you

The team scheduled another exhibition this year so few could serve a three “game” suspension, and be able to coach against Texas. It is slimy and it has nothing to do with being a “judge” or the legal side of this that is upsetting myself jazz or others. We expect better from the institution as a whole.

Comment

• GonzaGAW
                              Zag for Life
                              • Aug 2012

- so far as i know, nobody on the board is a Judge, yet everyone thinks they are or wish they were.
                              - i'm most pleased with myself when i can avoid judgment.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bballbeachbum View Post
                                The same as others, and if it was another program as previously mentioned, I expect many others here would too, including some not doing so now. You disagree with rhat?
                                Of course I do. Especially the apologists.

Comment

Working...
                                X