Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 4 "event" suspension

Default 4 "event" suspension

According to the Athletic, Coach Few will not be there today for Kraziness in the Kennel, the two exhibition games, and the season opener against Dixie St. He may be back for the TX game.
    GO ZAGS!!!

Shocker
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarenyon View Post
    According to the Athletic, Coach Few will not be there today for Kraziness in the Kennel, the two exhibition games, and the season opener against Dixie St. He may be back for the TX game.
    With Anthony Black in attendance too; not exactly a slap on the wrist after all.

I mean when he’s conveniently back for Texas, and misses three cupcakes, not the best look. especially since didn’t we add another exhibition AFTER the incident? Looks pretty obvious..

Reasonable ---- the haters are saying --"why not the UCLA, Duke and St Marys or BYU games" -- well sorry boys -- it did not work out like that.

Put this behind us and move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Reasonable ---- the haters are saying --"why not the UCLA, Duke and St Marys or BYU games" -- well sorry boys -- it did not work out like that.

Put this behind us and move forward.
    I don’t think you’re a hater to have to question why he’s only missing the little sisters of the poor and Mars State. I would do the same if it was coach K. Didnt they add exhibition
    Games after the incident? If so, an even worse optic. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    I mean when he’s conveniently back for Texas, and misses three cupcakes, not the best look. especially since didn’t we add another exhibition AFTER the incident? Looks pretty obvious..
    I'd love to know when the idea of 2 separate exhibition games was made serious, then proposed, and then agreed upon.

Few's arrest was 9/6.

I'd be shocked if this plan were in place prior to 9/6.

Help us to understand what would have been an acceptable result -- having to deal with the student sections all year long and what they will chant (team distraction), having to apologize to his family, the school and all alumni going forward for this incident, something like a suspension of license for a year, fines, alcohol classes, community service, missing out on the top '22 recruit visit and toss in maybe a 20 game suspension?

The optics are your own preconceived notions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Help us to understand what would have been an acceptable result -- having to deal with the student sections all year long and what they will chant (team distraction), having to apologize to his family, the school and all alumni going forward for this incident, something like a suspension of license for a year, fines, alcohol classes, community service, missing out on the top '22 recruit visit and toss in maybe a 20 game suspension?

The optics are your own preconceived notions.
    It’s the two added exhibitions and then the administration using missing kraziness as part of the suspension that does it for me. Selfishly I am thrilled he’s back for Texas, just not a good look IMO

Default 4 "event" suspension

I don’t follow the logic of why what games/events matter? If the suspension is four games/events, it shouldn’t be four games randomly on the schedule. It’s the first four on the schedule. Personally, I would have been fine with two games but I also think people make mistakes and what they’ve done in the past do too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been waiting to hear what would happen, and I month ago when I first heard of all this, I said whatever the University chooses to do, I will totally accept it. And I do. And honestly, I agree with it. I feel Mark Few and his family, and the University, have already suffered enough. If you don't think they've suffered plenty than you are blind, deaf, and dumb, IMO. I'm happy to hear that the suffering will now be over, and I'm glad that the team won't have to suffer for it any longer. Let's get on with the season and head for a National Championship.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    I don’t follow the logic of why what games/events matter? If the suspension is four games/events, it shouldn’t be four games randomly on the schedule. It’s the first four on the schedule. Personally, I would have been fine with two games but I also think people make mistakes and what they’ve done in the past do too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Of course it has to be the first four games.

The point of question is the team adding two exhibitions so that he could coach vs Texas…

Anywho go zags. Coach is a great man, made a mistake, and hopefully leads us to our first championship.

My God it's over the top. We have a legal system with penalties for such incidents. what have we all become!!!! I think I live in a world of wusses these days. How many nights have you all driven while drinking? In my case I could say many hundreds of times. Total the number who read this board and a million times wouldn't be out of line. Who's life could withstand such scrutiny? Oh Yeah, we didn't get caught. I would like to see this WOKE society spend more time on judging themselves and less time on judging others. What happened to forgiveness!!!!!, Lesson learned I'm sure. Get on with life. You can focus on happiness and joy or you can focus on shet. It won't say anything about Mark Few, but it will say a whole lot about you. Rant over.
    If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher

Quote Originally Posted by zag buddy View Post
    My God it's over the top. We have a legal system with penalties for such incidents. what have we all become!!!! I think I live in a world of wusses these days. How many nights have you all driven while drinking? In my case I could say many hundreds of times. Total the number who read this board and a million times wouldn't be out of line. I would like to see this WOKE society spend more time on judging themselves and less time on judging others. What happened to forgiveness!!!!!, Lesson learned I'm sure. Get on with life. You can focus on happiness and joy or you can focus on shet. It won't say anything about Mark Few, but it will say a whole lot about you. Rant over.
    Lol

Perhaps now people can allow themselves to take a break from the hand-wringing

If I'm not mistaken, he hasn't even had this settled in court yet, has he? Of course, Few and his attorneys probably have a pretty good idea of how this will play out, but a suspension prior to the outcome? It does seem a bit suspicious (for lack of a better word). Of course, being an employee (who's NOT REQUIRED TO DRIVE btw) it could reasonably be argued that the university wouldn't be taking any action against him at all if he weren't a public figure.

My God it's over the top. We have a legal system with penalties for such incidents. what have we all become!!!! I think I live in a world of wusses these days. How many nights have you all driven while drinking? In my case I could say many hundreds of times. Total the number who read this board and a million times wouldn't be out of line. Who's life could withstand such scrutiny? Oh Yeh, we didn't get caught. I would like to see this WOKE society spend more time on judging themselves and less time on judging others. What happened to forgiveness!!!!!, Lesson learned I'm sure. Get on with life. You can focus on happiness and joy or you can focus on shet. It won't say anything about Mark Few, but it will say a whole lot about you. Rant over.
    That's the exact mindset that needs to end in this world, which is the indifference over not just the consequences of your actions. but the increased potential consequences of your actions.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

Respectfully, I suspect less than 1% of the fans who agree with this punishment or who don’t think the 2nd exhibition game was set in order to add an “event” just to suspend Few from another “event” would keep that opinion if this exact situation were Coach K, Calipari, or Jay Wright.

His 911 call was made by a fire chief who was trailing him in broad daylight where he almost hit 3 street signs then twice tested blood alcohol levels 1-2 recent stiff drinks above the legal amount.

In my view, suspending him for a single ranked opponent would be a more fitting punishment than 4 nonserious events.

"K" I posted an opinion and I,m attacked - surprise, surprise. Is Free Speech dead? If everybody agrees you get no change. With differing opinions you may get a lot of change. I would venture to guess on an individual level I have done more good than most. Apparently you don'[t know me and you are making a lot of invalid assumptions. Principles before personalities my friend.

"K" I posted an opinion and I,m attacked - surprise, surprise. Is Free Speech dead? If everybody agrees you get no change. With differing opinions you may get a lot of change. I would venture to guess on an individual level I have done more good than most. Apparently you don'[t know me and you are making a lot of invalid assumptions. Principles before personalities my friend.
    I wasn't attacking you, I was attacking the ideology behind your thinking. There is a difference. Moreover, I welcome your comment even if I believe it's exactly what's wrong with this world when it comes to this subject. You will not find me asking for mods to suppress your speech.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

Mark Few should be judged the same an anyone else on this board. Equal justice under the law. We would go thru the legal hoops and learn from it. It is an unfortunate situation for him, we hope he learns from it. With anyone of us we acknowledge it and move on We only have a very small part of the picture of that incident, therefore judging would not be correct. I am inclined not to castigate others without the full picture.

Quote Originally Posted by krozman View Post
    I wasn't attacking you, I was attacking the ideology behind your thinking. There is a difference. Moreover, I welcome your comment even if I believe it's exactly what's wrong with this world when it comes to this subject. You will not find me asking for mods to suppress your speech.
    I’m not sure why everything has to be a conspiracy theory. You honestly think the AD and Few got together and decided on a four event suspension but sought to add two additional exhibition games so he could coach against Texas? It couldn’t be that this team has a ton of new parts or that fans are desperate to see them in action regardless of the opponent?

Can we stop with using the term “ideology”. It was an opinion, one that someone could find fault with and argue but not a philosophy or belief system that a healthy percentage of people ascribe to. Few has a responsibility to the program, university, and community. He showed poor judgement for someone in his position and should be held to a higher standard and be under more scrutiny than the 9-5er who goes out after work and drives home over the legal limit. There, I argued against the guy who thinks that if you’ve ever driven home drunk and were lucky enough to not get caught then you have no reason to question Few’s decision making or the consequences he’s now receiving.

I am very curious if any GU employee, Coach/trainer, professor, Dean or Administration personnel has ever had a DUI ... and if so, what was his/her "penalty" from the school (over and above any Legal System penalty)?

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

NCAA TOURNAMENT wins since 2015
    Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    FINAL FOUR wins since 2017
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0

Personal note to K. My ideology is formed by my values which is who I am. So it was a personal attack on me. By the way I haven't had a drink in 40 years. OK, I'm putting the mouse down and slowly walking away from the computer. I'm done.