Thread: Naya Ojukwu, 2022 Recruit

Default Naya Ojukwu, 2022 Recruit

Interesting:

"Naya Ojukwu, Mountain View [high school, Idaho], senior

Ojukwu is a basketball star. But she’s just as good at volleyball. The all-state and all-conference player was named to the national AVCA [vollyball] All-American senior watch list.
    She’s also narrowed her list to Arizona, Gonzaga and Utah state for basketball – and volleyball
    ."

https://scorebooklive.com/idaho/2021...school-season/
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Thanks for the update SLOZag.

Volleyball games started at the end of August and get over by the end of November. First Basketball game this year is Nov. 6 (exhibition). Basketball formal practices began September 30th. That is a lot of overlap between the two sports. I think it would be hard to play both sports in college, but the Hamson sisters at BYU played at least portions of both sports on certain years.

ZagDad

Quote Originally Posted by ZagDad84 View Post
    Thanks for the update SLOZag.

Volleyball games started at the end of August and get over by the end of November. First Basketball game this year is Nov. 6 (exhibition). Basketball formal practices began September 30th. That is a lot of overlap between the two sports. I think it would be hard to play both sports in college, but the Hamson sisters at BYU played at least portions of both sports on certain years.

ZagDad
    Stanford has had a couple that I'm aware of--Kristin Folkl and Lindsey Yamasaki. I thought Lauren Ware was going to play both sports at Arizona, but now in her Soph year it looks like she has yet to participate w/ the volleyball team.