• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Vulture
    Zag for Life
    • May 2008

Rotation Expectations

Now that we are getting close to KIK and the season, where is everyone at with the expected rotations? I think we are going to ultimately end up with a 8 man rotation, possibly 9 man at most.

Starters: Timme (30), Holmgren (25-30), Strawther (25), Bolton (25), Nembhard (30)

Rotation: Watson (20-25), Hickman (20), Sallis/Harris (20)

Situational: Gregg, Perry, Arlauskas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • zagdontzig
    Zag for Life
    • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Now that we are getting close to KIK and the season, where is everyone at with the expected rotations? I think we are going to ultimately end up with a 8 man rotation, possibly 9 man at most.

Starters: Timme (30), Holmgren (25-30), Strawther (25), Bolton (25), Nembhard (30)

Rotation: Watson (20-25), Hickman (20), Sallis/Harris (20)

Situational: Gregg, Perry, Arlauskas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    No input on the rotations, but this is a talented bunch.
    Originally posted by Reborn
    Go Zags!!!
    Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

• Zagceo
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2013

Bolton's a rim runner...not known for 3 point shooting afaik. If Hickman can shoot 3.. I give him the start and let Bolton run the second team off the bench.

My guess Few goes with Bolton to start season

Comment

• jazzdelmar
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
        Bolton's a rim runner...not known for 3 point shooting afaik. If Hickman can shoot 3.. I give him the start and let Bolton run the second team off the bench.

When it comes to starters day one, it’s always smart to go with the chalk pick, CEO. Few is so predictable so he’ll begin with Bolton, Strawther or Watson before succumbing to the reality that better players are on the bench. Witness Nemby last year.

Comment

• hooter73
          Zag for Life
          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post

I think Bolton will fill Ayayi's spot and style from last year pretty well.

Hickman coming off the bench makes sense in a 2nd point guard role. The Strawther/Watson debate of who starts will be interesting if Chet plays more of the 3/4 role.

Comment

• Markburn1
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2015

Originally posted by hooter73 View Post
            I think Bolton will fill Ayayi's spot and style from last year pretty well.

Hickman coming off the bench makes sense in a 2nd point guard role. The Strawther/Watson debate of who starts will be interesting if Chet plays more of the 3/4 role.
            I think Few has evolved as a coach to where he doesn't plug anyone into a role that a previous player embodied. Ayayi was fairly unique and carved out a role that fit his style while meshing with his teammates needs. I believe Few will find what's best for Bolton that may include some things Ayayi did well while taking advantage of Rasir's unique gifts and mindset.

Comment

• tinfoilzag
              Zag for Life
              • Jun 2009

Bolton's value for this team is on defense, rebounding, scoring through contact, and experience. If the ball 'sticks' with him in the offense, his time will be reduced.

This is an unfamiliar role for him so we'll see how he adjusts.
              The quality of our thoughts and ideas can only be as good as the quality of our language.

Comment

Working...
              X