Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggs

Default Suggs

Jalen Suggs, Franz Wagner to start first preseason game for Magic

https://therookiewire.usatoday.com/2...source=twitter

Waiting for today's game to start at 4:30 PM. No free TV so far, so I'll just be tracking stats here: https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401365894

Jalen having a tough, not so good game thus far. Too many fouls, etc. Am hoping the best for him in the NBA. True, it's only preseason.

Tatum and Smart......what a start.....welcome to the NBA....

Rough debut last night. 10-1-1 but only shot 3-14 from the field in a blowout loss.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401359839

Is it too early to be worried about Suggs? His stats after 4 games per nba.com

12.5 ppg on 28.8% fg / 26.1% 3pt fg
    3.5 apg / 3.5 to pg

Ouch. Let’s go Jalen.
    He can move 15 ft to the left or right about as fast as my eyes can see it, his name could just as well be Hunter Hustle -ZagsGoZags 11/17/21

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post

3.5 apg / 3.5 to pg

Ouch. Let’s go Jalen.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post

3.5 apg / 3.5 to pg

Ouch. Let’s go Jalen.
    He was 4-8 from 3 last night. Overall he didn't shoot well but 50% from 3 is good.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Welcome to the NBA youngling. Grown a$$ men there. He will learn but remember he was in high school 18 months ago.

Season stats thru 4 games

FG% 28.8%
    3Pt % 26.1%
    Asst:TO 1:1

ZZ

Hell be fine, just needs a little seasoning

Default Suggs

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Hell be fine, just needs a little seasoning
    I worried a bit about Suggs last season too. Then that Iowa game happened. 😎

I was lower on Suggs than consensus but not especially worried yet. Certainly would rather have the 4 guys taken ahead of him, though. Think Suggs will be a fine pro but halfcourt offensive limitations my biggest concern.

Quote Originally Posted by zagzilla View Post
    Welcome to the NBA youngling. Grown a$$ men there. He will learn but remember he was in high school 18 months ago.

Season stats thru 4 games

FG% 28.8%
    3Pt % 26.1%
    Asst:TO 1:1

ZZ
    There were several games last year when Jalen struggled. It’s a big jump from high school to college, even more so to the pros. It took Rui almost two years to “figure it out.”

What is interesting about Orlando is they are such a young team...four starters from last night were all drafted in the 1st round in the last three years and they have two other 1st round picks coming off the bench...

Orlando would like to win immediately BUT that organization is planning to be competitive in the next two-three years...it will take time for this team to jell and for it's members to learn how to play at that level against some of the worlds best athletes...

I remember when Keith Smart came up with Boston, he was a horrible outside shooter and made many poor decisions BUT now he is a very capable player in the NBA...Suggs reminds me of him and he has the tools to be a decent player in the next couple of years...he just needs time to adjust and learn...

Playing three to four times a week will be also be the challenge to cope physically in every game...

Default Marcus Smart?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    What is interesting about Orlando is they are such a young team...four starters from last night were all drafted in the 1st round in the last three years and they have two other 1st round picks coming off the bench...

Orlando would like to win immediately BUT that organization is planning to be competitive in the next two-three years...it will take time for this team to jell and for it's members to learn how to play at that level against some of the worlds best athletes...

I remember when Keith Smart came up with Boston, he was a horrible outside shooter and made many poor decisions BUT now he is a very capable player in the NBA...Suggs reminds me of him and he has the tools to be a decent player in the next couple of years...he just needs time to adjust and learn...

Playing three to four times a week will be also be the challenge to cope physically in every game...
    I think Keith hit the game winner vs ‘cuse in season on brink.😎

Marcus Smart from Ok State that Few coached for USA basketball and raved about?

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakerhead253 View Post
    Marcus Smart from Ok State that Few coached for USA basketball and raved about?
    Yes, Marcus not Keith...memory is failing...SORRY!

The Magic are in Toronto tonight. Scottie Barnes is downplaying the no. 4 vs. 5 draft pick rivalry saying that Suggs "is like a brother to me."

It's a story line in the media, none the less.

https://raptorsrapture.com/2021/10/2...y-jalen-suggs/

Yeah they are friends but Scottie is just a better NBA player and projects to be a better player going forward. I’m hopeful Jalen is solid but might not live up to 5th overall expectations.

Yes, Marcus not Keith...memory is failing...SORRY!
    Keith Smart is a little long in the tooth now.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

STARTERS MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS

J. SuggsSG 30 6-14 4-8 5-5 0 2 2 4 0 1 3 5 +7 21

Good line tonight!
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Suggs with 21 tonight on 6-14 shooting in a losing effort for the Magic tonight. Best game as a pro in his young rookie season

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401359895

ZZ

I watched the game last night. Jalen was outstanding, especially down the stretch in the the 4th quarter.

‘The sky is the limit’: Wendell Carter Jr. impressed by Jalen Suggs

Suggs is off to a rather slow start offensively but his teammates and coaching staff still believe he is making a big impact. He is averaging 12 points, 3.5 assists and 3.2 rebounds in 11 games on 30.9% shooting from the field, including 22% from 3-point range.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sky-lim...223920806.html