Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dish drops Root sports

Of course there is no pending live stream for the exhibition game or any other game for this season. There is still time but I am slowly losing hope I will be able tovwatch the exhibition game from abroad
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_eliZAG View Post
    Of course there is no pending live stream for the exhibition game or any other game for this season. There is still time but I am slowly losing hope I will be able tovwatch the exhibition game from abroad
    I'm in the USA and I am losing hope as well. Here are some random thoughts about Sunday's game.
    It's on SWX because (I am guessing) KHQ is an NBC affiliate and they have NFL football that night. Also, ROOT is busy with both the Kraken and the Blazers that day.

The link to the game is now "hot" on the Zags official schedule page, but I will bet dollars to donuts that SWX will be blacked out for out of market viewers (which includes me). If someone "in market" would be kind enough to put the game on You Tube, it would be much appreciated, I don't really care if I have to watch on tape delay.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !

There are a lot of people including myself who would pay money for dedicated zags stream. Still feels like it is 1998 with limited websites available. Funny thing is we could watch exhibition game on wcc one or two season ago just fine.

There are a lot of people including myself who would pay money for dedicated zags stream. Still feels like it is 1998 with limited websites available. Funny thing is we could watch exhibition game on wcc one or two season ago just fine.
    Drop the new AD a line. He can’t be any more cordial, or less effective than Roth on this matter.

Yeah, starting to panic. I have Dish, a Roku, Prime, Netflix, and I don't think I'll be getting any non-ESPN Zags games from any of it, and I'm in the PNW.

Is it even going to be on ROOT? The Zags BB website doesn't mention ROOT at all. No matter, ROOT dropped Dish, so I'm screwed there anyway.

Do KHQ/SWX streams work west of the Cascades?

Why doesn't the Zags' website have a section on "Options to watch GU BB games this season?" I think I'm going to have to get out my old radio, or sit in the car for two hours, if they haven't boinked that too. AAAARGH!

This is a disaster. I can't even DVR anything if I wanted to. I can't always be there for a live broadcast. I haven't missed a game in probably 15 years, but I think that's about to change.

Why do broadcasters do this to the point that consumers are forced to find a pirate stream? I know it's greed, but it isn't helping their cause.

"WE'VE DONE NOTHING, AND WE'RE ALL OUT OF IDEAS!"

Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    Do KHQ/SWX streams work west of the Cascades?
    On Sunday I am going to try to watch it from Ireland. And I strongly advise you try that link too.

Time to call out the fishing options.

On Sunday I am going to try to watch it from Ireland. And I strongly advise you try that link too.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

https://twitter.com/skarrg0/status/1...879341057?s=21

So, according to Steve Karr the swx link will not be geo-tagged. So Ireland, Florida, whatever, we can all watch

So, according to Steve Karr the swx link will not be geo-tagged. So Ireland, Florida, whatever, we can all watch
    Not quite accurate. He says “should not be geo-tagged.” Not time for Erin to go bragh yet.

Right, like I "should not drink on weeknights".

Karr also said that these games would be streamed on WCC website, but he has since deleted that tweet, and there is no video link to the game there.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Karr also said that these games would be streamed on WCC website, but he has since deleted that tweet, and there is no video link to the game there.
    Karr as reliable as a jalopy?

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    I'm in the USA and I am losing hope as well. Here are some random thoughts about Sunday's game.
    It's on SWX because (I am guessing) KHQ is an NBC affiliate and they have NFL football that night. Also, ROOT is busy with both the Kraken and the Blazers that day.

The link to the game is now "hot" on the Zags official schedule page, but I will bet dollars to donuts that SWX will be blacked out for out of market viewers (which includes me). If someone "in market" would be kind enough to put the game on You Tube, it would be much appreciated, I don't really care if I have to watch on tape delay.
    +1

I've got no clue! I think a Geo might be a car and tag is a game I played years ago. Irish, wish I could scream Erin go bragh but at the moment ill stick with chindon! I think I have a much better chace of drinking this glass of wine than I do watching the game Sunday.

Is there a reason GU's site https://gozags.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule only shows KHQ*Q6 up to the Lewis-Clark State game and no more after except major network ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagcity View Post
    Is there a reason GU's site https://gozags.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule only shows KHQ*Q6 up to the Lewis-Clark State game and no more after except major network ones?
    Incompetence?

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaZagFan View Post
    I've got no clue! I think a Geo might be a car and tag is a game I played years ago. Irish, wish I could scream Erin go bragh but at the moment ill stick with chindon! I think I have a much better chace of drinking this glass of wine than I do watching the game Sunday.
    I haven’t missed a game in maybe 6 years. No way it happens tomorrow!!!

This is what it says now….

This live stream is available to viewers who are presently in the SWX television area. Viewers who are outside the viewing area may see a message stating they are restricted from watching the stream due to their geographical location.

Is Seattle within SWX viewing area?

Is Seattle within SWX viewing area?
    Yes it is, they get the channel on cable TV.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !

Thank you

Red face Nov 9th/Tues -- Dixie State (DVR early alert)

FYI -- The Dixie State game is showing on my cable/Root schedule; however, where I live it's tape delayed till 10 pm. It was bumped back for an NBA game. Still, nice I'll be able to see it (after I likely try to see it live on the WCC web site).

Not an exhibition, a game that counts.

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

I was able to catch a couple of recent Griz football games that were broadcast on Root. They were live-streamed on Hulu. I have no idea if any Zag games will get the same treatment.

Is this game on Root?
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.