Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dish drops Root sports

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Trying to get smart quickly before the season starts...

So just spoke with FOBO and they carry Root Sports and their package is available in SC but not sure I understand the streaming part from DirecTV...If I understand your info in your post, because I live in SC I would not be able to access Root on DirecTV and it's streaming option?
    I believe FUBU carries the RSNs nationally, and that it is not limited to the footprint. But please verify and don't take my word for it.

Also--if you live in the footprint, the DirecTV stream package works just fine if you are traveling so long as you are behind a VPN. I got local Seattle channels, including Root Mariners games, on a recent trip to Florida. Not a problem at all. The issue is if you live out of the footprint for DirectTV. But again: I am not sure and you should call them and ask.

Cool

So surreal to see Tommy at the Arizona Scrimmage on the PAC Network....so calm and cool...not a drip of sweat..... I hope he just kills it....

What I cannot believe is the bill I get from DIRECTV. No movie channels at all. Still, $143 per month. There are so many fees, and if you want maintenance..............that's a big chunk of change

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    I'm not sure why people don't just have xfinity. It used to suck, but I have really liked it the last 4 or 5 years. Now they have integrated most of the streaming into the system so I can pull up netflix or hulu or hbomax, etc. with my xfinity remote.
    I agree. I have every channel plus HBO/SHO, great internet, HD, DVR, extra outlets and itís about $175 per month plus fees. Never have to worry about disputes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    So surreal to see Tommy at the Arizona Scrimmage on the PAC Network....so calm and cool...not a drip of sweat..... I hope he just kills it....
    Not with that roster.

Not good for us out of region

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    It has been on Directv for a while. It's highly likely that it is on their streaming platform, but I couldn't find it online; you'd probably have to call. I think they just call the add-on the Sports Pack on satellite. Either way, it's not cheap (still cheaper than going to a sports bar to watch every game that's not on ESPN, which I did for a while).

My understanding is that can do a "vacation hold" for several months on Directv. I have thought about doing that and using a cheap streaming service other times of the year to save some money, but have been too lazy to do it.

ETA:
    https://thestreamable.com/channels/r...orts-northwest
    Re: DirecTV (even under Comcast)
    1) ROOT is in their sports package
    2) You can suspend service for up to 6 months of the year on an account - that's how I've done it for years now
    History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Quote Originally Posted by Once and Future Zag View Post
    Re: DirecTV (even under Comcast)
    1) ROOT is in their sports package
    2) You can suspend service for up to 6 months of the year on an account - that's how I've done it for years now
    Suspending it for 6 months and going with a cheaper service would work very well for me. Thanks for the heads up.

Speaking of Root Sports. I understand that Root will carry the Portland Trailblazers this season. Since Root also carries the Zags, what will happen when both teams play on the same date and time? Which team will get precedence to have their games carried live and/or will the other team's game be moved to another channel or delayed? Anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by v13311 View Post
    Speaking of Root Sports. I understand that Root will carry the Portland Trailblazers this season. Since Root also carries the Zags, what will happen when both teams play on the same date and time? Which team will get precedence to have their games carried live and/or will the other team's game be moved to another channel or delayed? Anybody know?
    Nobody knows for sure yet as the schedules aren’t finalized. But with Root carrying both Blazers and Kraken games, a safe bet is that we will be seeing several of these Zags games tip at odd times. Thinking like 2 pm on a Saturday or 5 pm or 9 pm on a weekday. The good news is that the only games left to be broadcast on KHQ/Root will be the Merrimack/Tarleton State type of games. All games against real competition will be on ESPN or some other legit national outlet.

Quote Originally Posted by 229SintoZag View Post
    Nobody knows for sure yet as the schedules aren’t finalized. But with Root carrying both Blazers and Kraken games, a safe bet is that we will be seeing several of these Zags games tip at odd times. Thinking like 2 pm on a Saturday or 5 pm or 9 pm on a weekday. The good news is that the only games left to be broadcast on KHQ/Root will be the Merrimack/Tarleton State type of games. All games against real competition will be on ESPN or some other legit national outlet.
    Very true, very true, but another thing is that ROOT is supposed to have their Plus channel up and running by the end of this month. The TV schedules for the Blazers and the Kraken are already set, so the Zags are probably going to have to work around those.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !

Is it time again to bring up the idea of a dedicated, Zags pay app or link? Might give the new AD something else to focus on.

I believe FUBU carries the RSNs nationally, and that it is not limited to the footprint. But please verify and don't take my word for it.

Also--if you live in the footprint, the DirecTV stream package works just fine if you are traveling so long as you are behind a VPN. I got local Seattle channels, including Root Mariners games, on a recent trip to Florida. Not a problem at all. The issue is if you live out of the footprint for DirectTV. But again: I am not sure and you should call them and ask.
    Maybe a silly question but is it safe to assume that Root still intends on broadcasting GU non-national TV games? FUBU only charges $65 per month for the basic package, which is reasonable for me...

Guys/Gals I'm at wits end here...Fubu says I'm not in their area so can't use their service...Spoke to DirectTV Streaming and I'm not in the Northwest so I can't get Root Sports here in Hilton Head, SC...

I know there are GU fans living in Savannah, South Carolina and North Carolina and just wondering how y'all are going to watch Root in your area...

Is there way that ANY of you know of a way to watch these non-nationally televised games???

I know there are a lot of smart fans on this board so am hoping one or more of you know how to make this happen...

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated...

THANK YOU!!!

Jim

Bo, welcome to the hinterland club. Pull up a chair to not watch the best CBB team in America.

Guys/Gals I'm at wits end here...Fubu says I'm not in their area so can't use their service...Spoke to DirectTV Streaming and I'm not in the Northwest so I can't get Root Sports here in Hilton Head, SC...

I know there are GU fans living in Savannah, South Carolina and North Carolina and just wondering how y'all are going to watch Root in your area...

Is there way that ANY of you know of a way to watch these non-nationally televised games???

I know there are a lot of smart fans on this board so am hoping one or more of you know how to make this happen...

THANK YOU!!!

Jim

It seems like the easiest solution is to move back to God's country. I took a large pay cut and came back from DC in 2014 and it was the best decision I ever made.
    Bring back the OCC

Nobody knows for sure yet as the schedules arenít finalized. But with Root carrying both Blazers and Kraken games, a safe bet is that we will be seeing several of these Zags games tip at odd times. Thinking like 2 pm on a Saturday or 5 pm or 9 pm on a weekday. The good news is that the only games left to be broadcast on KHQ/Root will be the Merrimack/Tarleton State type of games. All games against real competition will be on ESPN or some other legit national outlet.
    Typically if there are two "headliner" games, they shift one contest to a nearby RSN (Root Southwest, Mountain, Bay Area, etc)
    History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

THANK YOU!!!

Jim
    My understanding/limited experience is if you sign up for a streaming service like DirectTv Now then you pay for a VPN service and use a server in the Root NW area. Using the VPN will tell DirectTv thatís where youíre watching and allow you to watch.

THANK YOU!!!

Jim
    Directv satellite service (ie not streaming) should have it.

Just as an FYI, I did my annual sign up for Root Sports via the Sports Pack on Directv for the basketball season and got it for 3 months for free due to a promo. I'm note sure what the promo was, but I thought it might be of interest to someone.

Bit the bullet and switched back to Directv, felt like the only reliable option for those of us outside the PNW

Fubar TV? Sounds about right for those of us "out of market" lol
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

THANK YOU!!!

Jim
    Boho, unfortunately we canít get Root games. I think the answer is the WCC Stadium stream.

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bayÖ small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Boho, unfortunately we can’t get Root games. I think the answer is the WCC Stadium stream.

As I stated in another thread, I use to watch games on WCCTV but don't remember the address, am hoping someone will share...thought about switching from DISH to DirecTV but too expensive and then would lose all my programming I've recorded...

You would think it would be advantageous to Root to go nation wide but then maybe it is the baseball package that is the controlling factor.