• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daskim
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2020

Dominick Harris Healing (edited title)

Brenna Greene (KREM2 Sports Director) on Twitter is reporting that Dominick Harris has an apparent foot injury according to his Instagram.

A photo is included with his words "minor setback for a major comeback, dats my favorite."

Last edited by daskim; 10-01-2021, 06:10 PM.
  • Irish_eliZAG
    Kennel Club Alum
    • Aug 2018

Hopefully nothing serious. I like Dom!
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Comment

• Kiddwell
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Here's hoping/praying for...

...a quick and complete healing. One of my favorite players. Expecting so much from Dom this year. Really want Dom out disrupting opponent offenses, attacking the basket, being a great teammate, etc.

:]
      Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• Mr Vulture
        Zag for Life
        • May 2008

Probably isn’t a full season issue and we have depth at the guard spots. With that said, I can see Dom being a high end perimeter defensive guy which we will need come March.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2007

sorry to hear this
          Dom is one of my favorite zags, cuz he is such a zag fan himself,
          he convinced Strawther to come here,
          then he and Strawther convinced Jalen to come here,
          then he (and we all) has the surprise appearance of a late clearance for Andrew Nembhard,
          who is a seasoned power 5 conf guard.
          We are all glad for Nembhard, as Dom was too, yet the reality is it ate into his potential minutes all season. So I felt a little sad for his sake, then this year we pull in two 5 star guards which was just not our usual recruiting when Dom dedicated himself to GU 2-3 years ago. We are all glad (including Dom) to get these two top guard talents (Hickman and Hunter) , but it is another situation which could bite into his minutes this year. So I felt a little sad for him on this, cuz these are coincidences that affect ( and probably postpone) the day when he can learn D1 ball by getting lots of playing time. This injury is just another one of those outside incidents which will produce more postponements. All in the order of things, and I am sure it will keep the fire burning in his belly, he will get his minutes down the road and be one our great guards here at Guard Univ. Yet I have sympathy for him in this situation. Not all of our 4 star recruits have such a raft load of events happen after committing here.
          Go Harris, Go Strawther, Go Zags !!!!

Comment

• jazzdelmar
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
            sorry to hear this
            Dom is one of my favorite zags, cuz he is such a zag fan himself,
            he convinced Strawther to come here,
            then he and Strawther convinced Jalen to come here,
            then he (and we all) has the surprise appearance of a late clearance for Andrew Nembhard,
            who is a seasoned power 5 conf guard.
            We are all glad for Nembhard, as Dom was too, yet the reality is it ate into his potential minutes all season. So I felt a little sad for his sake, then this year we pull in two 5 star guards which was just not our usual recruiting when Dom dedicated himself to GU 2-3 years ago. We are all glad (including Dom) to get these two top guard talents (Hickman and Hunter) , but it is another situation which could bite into his minutes this year. So I felt a little sad for him on this, cuz these are coincidences that affect ( and probably postpone) the day when he can learn D1 ball by getting lots of playing time. This injury is just another one of those outside incidents which will produce more postponements. All in the order of things, and I am sure it will keep the fire burning in his belly, he will get his minutes down the road and be one our great guards here at Guard Univ. Yet I have sympathy for him in this situation. Not all of our 4 star recruits have such a raft load of events happen after committing here.
            Go Harris, Go Strawther, Go Zags !!!!
            Fortunately for him the Zags have whiffed on several 5 star guards this year.

Comment

• zagfan08
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
              Fortunately for him the Zags have whiffed on several 5 star guards this year.
              Several? Bradley and who else?

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by zagfan08 View Post
                Several? Bradley and who else?
                Have to check my Caldy site. But we’ve only signed one player, a big. And Black seems a long shot, as stated.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                  Zag for Life
                  • Oct 2008

Wishful thinking is that it (the lack of recruiting for 2022) is a sign that Dom figures to play a prominent role in the next few years.

Comment

• ZagNut08
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Hope it’s nothing serious. Really want to see him learn behind our vets and take the reigns next year.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
                      Wishful thinking is that it (the lack of recruiting for 2022) is a sign that Dom figures to play a prominent role in the next few years.
                      Works for Dom either way: the whiffing on Bradley, Black and others or the deliberate withdrawal on seeking premium guards as a nod to players on current roster, as some contend.

Comment

• White lightning
                        Zag for Life
                        • Dec 2017

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                        Works for Dom either way: the whiffing on Bradley, Black and others or the deliberate withdrawal on seeking premium guards as a nod to players on current roster, as some contend.
                        Have we lost a chance at Black? I thought he had a visit scheduled.

I believe Dom is going to be a much improved player this season. Hopfully filling a Ayayi roll before he's gone.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by White lightning View Post
                          Have we lost a chance at Black? I thought he had a visit scheduled.

I believe Dom is going to be a much improved player this season. Hopfully filling a Ayayi roll before he's gone.

A date is set. But he’s a heavy OSU lean, per experts.

Anthony Black - 2022 5 Star Shooting guard for Duncanville (Duncanville , TX) on Rivals.com

Comment

• RenoZag
                            Super Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

Harris "out indefinitely, " per Brenna Greene, via twitter

"Gonzaga has announced that Dominick Harris is out indefinitely with a right foot injury."
                            The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• White lightning
                              Zag for Life
                              • Dec 2017

I feel for Dominic. His freshman year he delt with covid and now its his lower leg. He looked so down when he was introduced at kraziness. I sure hope he has a great season. This kid deserves it.

Comment

Working...
                              X