Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dominick Harris Right Foot In Boot

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    Wouldn't count on it
    is your opinion based on more than foot injury?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Reports online are surgery needed and out for the year. Reliable source.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Nope

Surgery scheduled for Wednesday.

Curious why the roster shows Harris/Strawther as sophomores and Ben Gregg a freshman. Didn’t everyone get a free year of eligibility last year?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNut08 View Post

Curious why the roster shows Harris/Strawther as sophomores and Ben Gregg a freshman. Didn’t everyone get a free year of eligibility last year?
    I think you got it if you wanted it. Gregg’s situation is a little different since he graduated early and joined the team for the 2nd semester. If it wasn’t for Covid Gregg would have played high school ball last year and joined the team this year as a freshman.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNut08 View Post

That sucks.
    But we don't play nobody.

Sorry to here about Harris injury. Someone was commenting about roster info for men. I can tell you roster info. for Zags WBB has incorrect heights a a few incoming players this year. It has shrunk a few incoming players, which is clearly a mistake last I checked only old people shrink. Yes its the taller players they shrunk for some reason, who know who types in this info on the Zag web site. One incoming player Maud Huibens who is 6'5" was shrunk to 6'3" but you can clearly see in the photos when standing next to players already on the team from previous years that she is still 6"5". Another incoming player Bree Salenbien who is 6'3" was shrunk to 6'2". Who is inputing this stuff who knows?

Also on the MBB ZAGS roster you have a team photo, while WBB ZAGS roster has no team photo. Point being maybe the inputer on the WBB roster is not knowledgable on the women incoming players.

Back to Harris wishing a speedy recovery from surgery for him. Good news as someone else mentioned, the MBB ZAGS have so much depth this year they could field 2 starting teams.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAGS ATTACK BASKET View Post
    Sorry to here about Harris injury. Someone was commenting about roster info for men. I can tell you roster info. for Zags WBB has incorrect heights a a few incoming players this year. It has shrunk a few incoming players, which is clearly a mistake last I checked only old people shrink. Yes its the taller players they shrunk for some reason, who know who types in this info on the Zag web site. One incoming player Maud Huibens who is 6'5" was shrunk to 6'3" but you can clearly see in the photos when standing next to players already on the team from previous years that she is still 6"5". Another incoming player Bree Salenbien who is 6'3" was shrunk to 6'2". Who is inputing this stuff who knows?

Also on the MBB ZAGS roster you have a team photo, while WBB ZAGS roster has no team photo. Point being maybe the inputer on the WBB roster is not knowledgable on the women incoming players.

Back to Harris wishing a speedy recovery from surgery for him. Good news as someone else mentioned, the MBB ZAGS have so much depth this year they could field 2 starting teams.
    If he's operated on in Spokane love to meet the parents. Dad...drop a note in pms please.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Reports online are surgery needed and out for the year. Reliable source.
    I assume this will mean he will redshirt for this season, seeing as how he hasn't played any games.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !

- he certainly could red-shirt, but that seems to be a moot point. the following year he'd have 4 years eligibility.
    - how many college athletes compete over 6 years?- answer around 1/10 of one percent.

- best wishes to you dom, like you said, now you can write your story of a fantastic comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - how many college athletes compete over 6 years?- answer around 1/10 of one percent.
    *cough Grant Gibbs

So with foot surgery wouldn’t the recovery time be 8 weeks? A whole season seems excessive. I know MD is on the thread so would love to get insights. I know we dont have a lot of details on the injury itself. I am just hoping he can play sometime this season.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan1 View Post
    So with foot surgery wouldn’t the recovery time be 8 weeks? A whole season seems excessive. I know MD is on the thread so would love to get insights. I know we dont have a lot of details on the injury itself. I am just hoping he can play sometime this season.
    Yeah without more info it is tough to make any sort of timeline for his return. I think the bigger concern for him, however, is that there were already 4 other guards in competition for playing time (of which Nembhard almost certainly was going to get his own share). This setback puts Dom at the bottom of the pecking order unfortunately, as Nembhard, Bolton, Sallis, and Hickman would have all had two months of time to gel and compete in the big OOC games together. I would certainly hope that he is back by conference play, which would be a great position for him to get his legs under him again. I'm just a bit apprehensive about the injury as we all saw what happened with Ballo last year suffering the thumb injury, then slowly falling out of the program entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    *cough Grant Gibbs
    Didn't he get a 7th ?

Just kidding (kind of)

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

NCAA TOURNAMENT wins since 2015
    Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    FINAL FOUR wins since 2017
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0

It could be 6-8 weeks to recover enough from surgery to start rehab, which could leave another 6 weeks to rehab the ankle, then whatever extra time it takes to get into game shape.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    It could be 6-8 weeks to recover enough from surgery to start rehab, which could leave another 6 weeks to rehab the ankle, then whatever extra time it takes to get into game shape.
    Thanks. That is helpful.

Thanks. That is helpful.
    I wish I knew the nature of the injury. Just doing the math on a basic surgery thing puts him in the territory of losing almost all of the season, sadly. I was really looking forward to seeing him play this year.

Prayers for quick healing and recovery.

Per Twitter:
    According to
    @DanaONeilWriter
    , Gonzaga's Dominick Harris ruptured his plantar fascia.

That typically carries a 6-10 week recovery time.

Killian Tillie suffered a partial tear two seasons ago and rehabbed the injury. He missed six weeks.
    https://twitter.com/JustinReed99/sta...017406976?s=20

It's really hard to find a reliable source for surgical recovery times online, but one website cited a study with a mean return to sport of 9.1 weeks. Sadly, most of this gets better with conservative treatment, so he obviously had a stubborn case. There is a minor procedure called Tenex that can be done for stuff like this, but when I read the "surgery" word I assumed it was the more invasive variety.

If the timeline holds true, Dom might be able to return in January and get up to speed in WCC play. I guess at that point, it might be a choice of waiting until next year when it is easier to break into the lineup when roles haven't already been well established. As stated before, I was really looking forward to seeing him step into a bigger role this year. This is such a major bummer as a fan but I can only image how disappointing it is to him, his family, and the team. From all of the social media stuff, he seems to be a super hard worker-- perhaps too hard in this case (if there is such a thing in this scenario) given that this is an overuse injury.

Dana put it out on her in-depth Gonzaga review as well. Fascia tears are not a quick fix. Feel bad for Dom, he has some work in front of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

- best wishes dom, all of zag nation is pulling and praying for you.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - best wishes dom, all of zag nation is pulling and praying for you.
    We sure are. A great player and an even better teammate.

Best case scenario for a young man with a bright future. Just heal and do not rush back to what will be a very crowded backcourt this year. Redshirt, and then inherit a starting spot next year almost certainly. End of the day, three years out, this could turn out to be a mitzvah for Dom.