Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 48

Thread: Dominick Harris Right Foot In Boot

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    226

    Default Dominick Harris Right Foot In Boot

    Brenna Greene (KREM2 Sports Director) on Twitter is reporting that Dominick Harris has an apparent foot injury according to his Instagram.

    A photo is included with his words "minor setback for a major comeback, dats my favorite."

    https://twitter.com/BrennaGreene_/st...937475/photo/1
    Last edited by daskim; 10-01-2021 at 07:10 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Hopefully nothing serious. I like Dom!
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Snorkeling the Washougal River
    Posts
    2,969

    Smile Here's hoping/praying for...

    ...a quick and complete healing. One of my favorite players. Expecting so much from Dom this year. Really want Dom out disrupting opponent offenses, attacking the basket, being a great teammate, etc.




    :]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,299

    Default

    Probably isn’t a full season issue and we have depth at the guard spots. With that said, I can see Dom being a high end perimeter defensive guy which we will need come March.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    seattle, spokane
    Posts
    3,802

    Default

    sorry to hear this
    Dom is one of my favorite zags, cuz he is such a zag fan himself,
    he convinced Strawther to come here,
    then he and Strawther convinced Jalen to come here,
    then he (and we all) has the surprise appearance of a late clearance for Andrew Nembhard,
    who is a seasoned power 5 conf guard.
    We are all glad for Nembhard, as Dom was too, yet the reality is it ate into his potential minutes all season. So I felt a little sad for his sake, then this year we pull in two 5 star guards which was just not our usual recruiting when Dom dedicated himself to GU 2-3 years ago. We are all glad (including Dom) to get these two top guard talents (Hickman and Hunter) , but it is another situation which could bite into his minutes this year. So I felt a little sad for him on this, cuz these are coincidences that affect ( and probably postpone) the day when he can learn D1 ball by getting lots of playing time. This injury is just another one of those outside incidents which will produce more postponements. All in the order of things, and I am sure it will keep the fire burning in his belly, he will get his minutes down the road and be one our great guards here at Guard Univ. Yet I have sympathy for him in this situation. Not all of our 4 star recruits have such a raft load of events happen after committing here.
    Go Harris, Go Strawther, Go Zags !!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    sorry to hear this
    Dom is one of my favorite zags, cuz he is such a zag fan himself,
    he convinced Strawther to come here,
    then he and Strawther convinced Jalen to come here,
    then he (and we all) has the surprise appearance of a late clearance for Andrew Nembhard,
    who is a seasoned power 5 conf guard.
    We are all glad for Nembhard, as Dom was too, yet the reality is it ate into his potential minutes all season. So I felt a little sad for his sake, then this year we pull in two 5 star guards which was just not our usual recruiting when Dom dedicated himself to GU 2-3 years ago. We are all glad (including Dom) to get these two top guard talents (Hickman and Hunter) , but it is another situation which could bite into his minutes this year. So I felt a little sad for him on this, cuz these are coincidences that affect ( and probably postpone) the day when he can learn D1 ball by getting lots of playing time. This injury is just another one of those outside incidents which will produce more postponements. All in the order of things, and I am sure it will keep the fire burning in his belly, he will get his minutes down the road and be one our great guards here at Guard Univ. Yet I have sympathy for him in this situation. Not all of our 4 star recruits have such a raft load of events happen after committing here.
    Go Harris, Go Strawther, Go Zags !!!!
    Fortunately for him the Zags have whiffed on several 5 star guards this year.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Fortunately for him the Zags have whiffed on several 5 star guards this year.
    Several? Bradley and who else?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Several? Bradley and who else?
    Have to check my Caldy site. But we’ve only signed one player, a big. And Black seems a long shot, as stated.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,660

    Default

    Wishful thinking is that it (the lack of recruiting for 2022) is a sign that Dom figures to play a prominent role in the next few years.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,790

    Default

    Hope it’s nothing serious. Really want to see him learn behind our vets and take the reigns next year.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Wishful thinking is that it (the lack of recruiting for 2022) is a sign that Dom figures to play a prominent role in the next few years.
    Works for Dom either way: the whiffing on Bradley, Black and others or the deliberate withdrawal on seeking premium guards as a nod to players on current roster, as some contend.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Works for Dom either way: the whiffing on Bradley, Black and others or the deliberate withdrawal on seeking premium guards as a nod to players on current roster, as some contend.
    Have we lost a chance at Black? I thought he had a visit scheduled.

    I believe Dom is going to be a much improved player this season. Hopfully filling a Ayayi roll before he's gone.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    Have we lost a chance at Black? I thought he had a visit scheduled.

    I believe Dom is going to be a much improved player this season. Hopfully filling a Ayayi roll before he's gone.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    A date is set. But he’s a heavy OSU lean, per experts.

    https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitut...rtPredictions/

    https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...y-black-256467

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,581

    Default

    Harris "out indefinitely, " per Brenna Greene, via twitter

    "Gonzaga has announced that Dominick Harris is out indefinitely with a right foot injury."

  15. #15

    Default

    I feel for Dominic. His freshman year he delt with covid and now its his lower leg. He looked so down when he was introduced at kraziness. I sure hope he has a great season. This kid deserves it.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    I feel for Dominic. His freshman year he delt with covid and now its his lower leg. He looked so down when he was introduced at kraziness. I sure hope he has a great season. This kid deserves it.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Not gonna happen

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    Have we lost a chance at Black? I thought he had a visit scheduled.

    I believe Dom is going to be a much improved player this season. Hopfully filling a Ayayi roll before he's gone.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I thought Black was going to be at Kraziness.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I thought Black was going to be at Kraziness.
    He was.

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    He was.
    So you say we have a chance.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Snorkeling the Washougal River
    Posts
    2,969

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    I feel for Dominic. His freshman year he delt with covid and now its his lower leg. He looked so down when he was introduced at kraziness. I sure hope he has a great season. This kid deserves it.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I was so eager to see Dom play today that I totally blanked out on his injury. He looked very subdued to me. Hope the injury doesn't drag on, and he's game-day ready when we play Texas (if not earlier).



    :[
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Arcadia, Calif.
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    Not gonna happen
    Iowa - Do you think Dom is out for the year or most of it? Thanks.
    Love the Zags!!!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    Iowa - Do you think Dom is out for the year or most of it? Thanks.
    Dom called it a minor setback. Sure hope it’s nothing more!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    Iowa - Do you think Dom is out for the year or most of it? Thanks.
    Probably referring more to the talent that he would be competing against this year; with the injury he is unfortunately going to be set back to the bottom of the pecking order.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Probably referring more to the talent that he would be competing against this year; with the injury he is unfortunately going to be set back to the bottom of the pecking order.
    That might be what he meant, but I disagree with the conclusion. As long as he’s not out for a long period, he’ll get incorporated into the rotation. He’s not a freshman.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    833

    Default

    Wouldn't count on it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •