Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT … PAC 12/ SWAC form new scheduling partnership

Default OT … PAC 12/ SWAC form new scheduling partnership

Looks like it wasn’t only UW …. but the entire conference that is going to a more National OOC schedule.

Can’t wait for Oregon at the Rattlers of FAMU, or Arizona hosting Southern.

That being said, I see upside in the educational component.
    https://apnews.com/article/sports-bu...e9f058ccef069c

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

NCAA TOURNAMENT wins since 2015
    Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    FINAL FOUR wins since 2017
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0

Good for the SWAC.
    But we don't play nobody.

With any luck we might get a game with the PAC outside of UCLA. I am continually amazed why the PAC isn’t scheduling more of GU when it would be so convenient for that league. Washington is a given . UCLA makes sense too.

This sounds like a really dumb idea. Can't blame it on Larry Scott. New commissioner off to a great start I guess.

How woke of them.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    How woke of them.
    What do you mean?

Wow, Pac-12 doing a home-and-home agreement with the SWAC. Odd. Very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Wow, Pac-12 doing a home-and-home agreement with the SWAC. Odd. Very odd.
    Its not being driven by basketball, SOS etc

Quote Originally Posted by ZANY View Post
    What do you mean?
    Look up the word, "pandering" or the phrase, "virtue signalling".

Yeah... not sure how good of a look this is for P12.

SMDH
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Look up the word, "pandering" or the phrase, "virtue signalling".
    Thanks, M. Didn't think that needed an explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Yeah... not sure how good of a look this is for P12.

SMDH
    SMC can’t even get a home and home. UW required a 2 for 1 from Gonzaga, eliciting the famous “big foot” quote from a Few. But now Grambling, Alabama State, Tx Southern are all going to get that. Huge get for SWAC. Head-scratcher for the PAC.

SMC can’t even get a home and home. UW required a 2 for 1 from Gonzaga, eliciting the famous “big foot” quote from a Few. But now Grambling, Alabama State, Tx Southern are all going to get that. Huge get for SWAC. Head-scratcher for the PAC.
    It has nothing do with CBB, it's about reinforcing the Pac schools' liberal bona fides. Kinda ham-handed, but it will generate tons of articles in the LA Times and SF Chronicle and endless kind words on telecasts and broadcasts going forward. Maybe a media antidote to the admissions scandal, for which the likes of USC, et al, have never really been called to task. And good for the SWAC institutions.

It has nothing do with CBB, it's about reinforcing the Pac schools' liberal bona fides. Kinda ham-handed, but it will generate tons of articles in the LA Times and SF Chronicle and endless kind words on telecasts and broadcasts going forward. Maybe a media antidote to the admissions scandal, for which the likes of USC, et al, have never really been called to task.
    But couldn’t they have created the same kind of share curriculum/ideals with a conference that’s wasn’t abysmal on the court? Again, this sort of unbalanced scheduling alliance is unheard of.

But couldn’t they have created the same kind of share curriculum/ideals with a conference that’s wasn’t abysmal on the court? Again, this sort of unbalanced scheduling alliance is unheard of.
    No. The Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) is a collegiate athletic conference headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, which is made up of historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs) in the Southern United States. HBCUs offer a media hot button which the Pacsters are accessing for their own benefit. You don't see any sharing of endowments, do you? . I am sure the faculty lounges in Westwood, Berkeley, etc. are ecstatic. Not sure if "Fight On U." has or needs one.

It has nothing do with CBB, it's about reinforcing the Pac schools' liberal bona fides. Kinda ham-handed, but it will generate tons of articles in the LA Times and SF Chronicle and endless kind words on telecasts and broadcasts going forward. Maybe a media antidote to the admissions scandal, for which the likes of USC, et al, have never really been called to task. And good for the SWAC institutions.
    Doesn't the PAC have to actually WIN those games to generate kind words etc.?
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Every school and conference schedules lower tier games from smaller conferences. This one seems to provide added PR due to the nature of the conference and it’s respective universities. WCC could do the same thing as well. I guess that speaks volumes about the WCC. It’s too good of a conference to schedule regular games with because PAC 12 could risk a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Doesn't the PAC have to actually WIN those games to generate kind words etc.?
    I assume you're being facetious. These are all gimmes for the Pacsters, except for UDub, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan1 View Post
    Every school and conference schedules lower tier games from smaller conferences. This one seems to provide added PR due to the nature of the conference and it’s respective universities. WCC could do the same thing as well. I guess that speaks volumes about the WCC. It’s too good of a conference to schedule regular games with because PAC 12 could risk a loss.
    Zags have played SWACs in the past. Should play more. But for a school or conference to actually codify such a relationship and to state one of the goals is advancing social justice is patronizing to the nth degree. The HBCUs have been in the trenches of social justice for many many years. Fight On!

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan1 View Post
    Yes, but they certainly don’t offer home-and-home arrangements!

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    With any luck we might get a game with the PAC outside of UCLA. I am continually amazed why the PAC isn’t scheduling more of GU when it would be so convenient for that league. Washington is a given . UCLA makes sense too.
    GU won’t play WSU in a home and home. I doubt they would play OSU, Cal, Utah, Colo and possibly AsU and Stanford for similar reasons as not playing WSU on the road (little upside). That leaves Az who right now is on pause, UCLA and USC. Oregon would be worthy from a sOS standpoint but from what I understand Few isn’t intersted in playing his alma mater.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Good for the SWAC.
    Absolutely .......it is amazing that a number of institutions, not including the government, are leading the movement to a more just society and a cleaner environment .....

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Absolutely .......it is amazing that a number of institutions, not including the government, are leading the movement to a more just society and a cleaner environment .....
    If the goal is truth and beauty and anti-racism applies to all forms of the term, I completely agree, Bart.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    A handout program in basketball Bart??

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    A handout program in basketball Bart??
    I think it is a wonderful, generous and important gesture that will greatly benefit both ....but especially the Black Colleges....I have not succumbed to cynicism....it poisons the soul....