• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scrooner
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

247 2022 Top 150 Updated Today

The 247Sports rankings are determined by our recruiting analysts after countless hours of personal observations, film evaluation and input from our network of scouts.

(positive number means they moved up that many spots, and negative number means they moved down)

Current GU targets:
    19 (-6) Anthony Black
    23 (-2) Jaden Bradley
    30 (+20) Collin Chandler
    88 (+5) Braden Huff
    112 (-59) AJ Casey

Old GU targets:
    9 (+58) Yohan Traore
    18 (-6) Skyy Clark
    46 (+3) Isaac Traudt
    53 (-22) Richard Isaacs Jr
    64 (-7) Dylan Anderson
  • strikenowhere
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by scrooner View Post
    https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Ba...oup=HighSchool

(positive number means they moved up that many spots, and negative number means they moved down)

Current GU targets:
    19 (-6) Anthony Black
    23 (-2) Jaden Bradley
    30 (+20) Collin Chandler
    88 (+5) Braden Huff
    112 (-59) AJ Casey

Old GU targets:
    9 (+58) Yohan Traore
    18 (-6) Skyy Clark
    46 (+3) Isaac Traudt
    53 (-22) Richard Isaacs Jr
    64 (-7) Dylan Anderson
    What the heck happened to AJ Casey? Did he get injured or something?

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
      Zag for Life
      • Jun 2007

Me want Jaden Bradley

Comment

• CDC84
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by strikenowhere View Post
        What the heck happened to AJ Casey? Did he get injured or something?
        Casey is #68 in the 247 composite ratings.

Comment

• scrooner
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

The 2022 recruiting is about as fun to follow here as the thread on Few. When oh when will we hear some good news....

Comment

• strikenowhere
            Zag for Life
            • Sep 2009

The 2022 recruiting is about as fun to follow here as the thread on Few. When oh when will we hear some good news....
            Yeah....I'm surprised we haven't had any commits yet

Comment

• jsnider
              Kennel Club
              • Apr 2020

Originally posted by strikenowhere View Post
              Yeah....I'm surprised we haven't had any commits yet
              Ok - I would like to start a discussion as to why 2022 seems to be so difficult. We were successful in getting jalen Suggs, Chet Holmgren, Hunter Sallis, and Nolan Hickman over just the last two years. These four were ranked in the top 20 and we seemed to take a major step forward in our recruiting prowess. Fast forward to 2022. We had 5 major targets in 2022. Isaac Traudt, Yohan Traore, AJ Casey, Jaden Bradley, and Anthony Black. Traudt went to Virginia as they gave him an ultimatum before we could get him on campus. So maybe we were a bit late there. Both Traore and Casey - we backed out from for various reasons reasons. That leaves Bradley and Black. I have read that Arizona and Alabama were a step ahead on Bradley before his visit to Gonzaga. At the very best, we have a 33% chance of getting him and on another site the moderator puts it at 40/40/20 with Gonzaga being the 20. Bradley just had a crystal ball given to him for Arizona (Tommy Lloyd) just last week. Oh by the way, Dylan Anderson is at UA and would probably be at Gonzaga if Tommy Lloyd would have stayed. Anthony Black has not gotten to campus yet and hopefully he will during Kraziness if it still happens. We do very well when we get recruits on campus and there is no better weekend - but Bradley seems a fair amount down the road with Okie St. as he has been on campus there - i think twice - and he has just gotten 2 more crystal balls for analysts in the last couple of weeks. There are many who feel we will ultimately be successful in getting one or the other but as of now - the 2022 class is more uncertain than it has been in a long time despite our program and success. I have been trying to wrap my mind around why and i would love all of your ideas as to what is going on - if anything. Is it Covid and the fact that in the way we recruit we were at a disadvantage for 2022 - not being able to make contact with players and see them in person where other schools do their due diligence differently. Is it losing Tommy Lloyd and his presence? He is and was a master recruiter and now not only are we competing against him at UA but we also don't have his services helping Gonzaga. He was not only great on the international scene but was also great with domestic recruits too. Is something else?? To me something feels very different about 2022 - does anybody agree and if so what is it? Thanks.
              Love the Zags!!!

Comment

• bdmiller7
                Zag for Life
                • Jun 2017

Originally posted by jsnider View Post
                Ok - I would like to start a discussion as to why 2022 seems to be so difficult. We were successful in getting jalen Suggs, Chet Holmgren, Hunter Sallis, and Nolan Hickman over just the last two years. These four were ranked in the top 20 and we seemed to take a major step forward in our recruiting prowess. Fast forward to 2022. We had 5 major targets in 2022. Isaac Traudt, Yohan Traore, AJ Casey, Jaden Bradley, and Anthony Black. Traudt went to Virginia as they gave him an ultimatum before we could get him on campus. So maybe we were a bit late there. Both Traore and Casey - we backed out from for various reasons reasons. That leaves Bradley and Black. I have read that Arizona and Alabama were a step ahead on Bradley before his visit to Gonzaga. At the very best, we have a 33% chance of getting him and on another site the moderator puts it at 40/40/20 with Gonzaga being the 20. Bradley just had a crystal ball given to him for Arizona (Tommy Lloyd) just last week. Oh by the way, Dylan Anderson is at UA and would probably be at Gonzaga if Tommy Lloyd would have stayed. Anthony Black has not gotten to campus yet and hopefully he will during Kraziness if it still happens. We do very well when we get recruits on campus and there is no better weekend - but Bradley seems a fair amount down the road with Okie St. as he has been on campus there - i think twice - and he has just gotten 2 more crystal balls for analysts in the last couple of weeks. There are many who feel we will ultimately be successful in getting one or the other but as of now - the 2022 class is more uncertain than it has been in a long time despite our program and success. I have been trying to wrap my mind around why and i would love all of your ideas as to what is going on - if anything. Is it Covid and the fact that in the way we recruit we were at a disadvantage for 2022 - not being able to make contact with players and see them in person where other schools do their due diligence differently. Is it losing Tommy Lloyd and his presence? He is and was a master recruiter and now not only are we competing against him at UA but we also don't have his services helping Gonzaga. He was not only great on the international scene but was also great with domestic recruits too. Is something else?? To me something feels very different about 2022 - does anybody agree and if so what is it? Thanks.
                We’re still at least 4 months away from the time of year when Suggs, Holmgren, Sallis, or Hickman committed. It’s still super early. This was always expected to be a small class, 2-3 recruits. If we land Bradley or Black and either Huff or Casey that is our two man class and would be very good. Pick up a transfer or two in the spring and right back in the top 5 next year.

Comment

• scrooner
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Both Traore and Casey - we backed out from for various reasons reasons.
                  We are no longer recruiting Casey?

Comment

• willandi
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2007

I suspect that several of those recruits want assurances that they will start. The best the Zags can do is promise that they can compete for the starting spot.
                    Zags are just so loaded at almost every position, even allowing Chet and Timme leaving, along with Nembhard.
                    Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• scrooner
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bdmiller7 View Post
                      We’re still at least 4 months away from the time of year when Suggs, Holmgren, Sallis, or Hickman committed. It’s still super early.
                      That may be true, but it's a little unnerving when 27 of the top 50 have already committed, and we don't appear to even be leading with anybody yet. Just days after Bradley visited GU, Arizona picked up two crystal balls for him, including one from Jerry Meyer, so getting him seems unlikely. I'm really hoping Black's visit goes well.
                      Last edited by scrooner; 09-20-2021, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• jsnider
                        Kennel Club
                        • Apr 2020

That may be true, but it's a little unnerving when 27 of the top 50 have already committed, and we don't appear to even be leading with anybody yet. Just days after Bradley visited Arizona picked up two crystal balls for him, including one from Jerry Meyer, so getting him seems unlikely. I'm really hoping Black's visit goes well.
                        Scrooner - You hit the nail on the head for me. That's my point. Even though some of our recruits were weeks/months away from committing - there was tons of buzz about them and we were the favorites. It was not that competitive for Suggs, Holmgren or Sallis and they were as highly regarded as they get. It may have taken them awhile to finally give us the nod but analysts weren't giving out "crystal balls" to them for other schools. Who has given us a crystal ball for Bradley or Black. We could get shut out and get neither and as of today that seems like the most likely scenario. Oh something could break right for us in the coming weeks and we could land one of them. But we could easily get zero. Casey is not coming to GU - we are no longer recruiting him for some reason. And as far as Huff is concerned - I have heard that Few is not sold on him. I have no doubt even if we don't get one of the 5 or Huff - we will get transfers and we will be fine. But once you have a taste of going to the Sweet 16 - 6 years in a row and the championship game in 2 out the past 4 years - fine isn't good enough anymore. But something seems different. I am not sure what it is and not sure if it is a one off year due to Covid. Or is there something more underneath the surface? I don't know but nobody other than Scooner so far is even acknowledging that something seems different.
                        Love the Zags!!!

Comment

• strikenowhere
                          Zag for Life
                          • Sep 2009

Scrooner - You hit the nail on the head for me. That's my point. Even though some of our recruits were weeks/months away from committing - there was tons of buzz about them and we were the favorites. It was not that competitive for Suggs, Holmgren or Sallis and they were as highly regarded as they get. It may have taken them awhile to finally give us the nod but analysts weren't giving out "crystal balls" to them for other schools. Who has given us a crystal ball for Bradley or Black. We could get shut out and get neither and as of today that seems like the most likely scenario. Oh something could break right for us in the coming weeks and we could land one of them. But we could easily get zero. Casey is not coming to GU - we are no longer recruiting him for some reason. And as far as Huff is concerned - I have heard that Few is not sold on him. I have no doubt even if we don't get one of the 5 or Huff - we will get transfers and we will be fine. But once you have a taste of going to the Sweet 16 - 6 years in a row and the championship game in 2 out the past 4 years - fine isn't good enough anymore. But something seems different. I am not sure what it is and not sure if it is a one off year due to Covid. Or is there something more underneath the surface? I don't know but nobody other than Scooner so far is even acknowledging that something seems different.
                          I think the worst part is that Anthony Black actually had a couple of Zag crystal balls and then they flipped.

Comment

• zagfan08
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

A few things are different about 2022. We have capable players in place—lower 5 stars and every 4 star will be concerned about playing time at Gonzaga. We kept our targets small in what was a very weird year: Covid and losing Tommy who was a top recruiter. One of Bradley or Black would make everything alright. If we miss on both, I have to imagine we are the top transfer destination if Hickman goes pro. If he comes back, we’re set at PG anyway.

I don’t think it’s a lock that Timme leaves after this year. And if he does, we are the top transfer destination for a skilled big. Every year these guys come up. Admittedly I’d feel a lot better about 2023 if we were able to land Kessler, but we had too many good players lined up for 2022 there.

We are still going to have very good players if we strike out on the 2022 class. We’d obviously need to have a big 2023, which should be boosted by an amazing team on the court this year. The net in 2023 will be a lot wider than it was for the 2022 class. I don’t think this is a huge concern yet, but if 2023 is subpar then the most logical explanation is Tommy was a critical loss on the recruiting front. Could be true, but 2022 is not enough to come to that conclusion considering the unique circumstances that put Gonzaga in a tougher spot than years past.

Comment

• jsnider
                              Kennel Club
                              • Apr 2020

I'm a little surprised we have 16 pages and going toward 20 about Mark Few's DUI and I have gotten maybe 3-4 responses about 2022 recruiting on this thread. I think we have completely beaten the DUI situation to death and our priorities are in the wrong place. I am concerned about our 2022 recruiting and wonder if it will continue in future years or is one-off situation. I appreciate those that have responded. Some aren't concerned yet and that is great. But the people who post here are about as opinionated as they get about most every subject so I'm a little surprised this topic has drawn such little interest. What am I missing? I welcome your ideas and thoughts.
                              Love the Zags!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X