Thread: Andy Katz: Top 25 Returning Players

Default Andy Katz: Top 25 Returning Players

Time will tell if he was wrong when we play UCLA...I know he was unstoppable against us in the Semi-final game. I was hoping he would have left school for the NBA but evidently, someone told him to stay another year and work on some things...

I'm looking forward to the "new" Timme having successful night shooting the 3-ball.

I was also surprised that Nembhard was not listed.

Give me nembhard over a lot of the guys on this list

Gonzaga had more weapons than UCLA that game. That may be the case again this year.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Juzang had some great games last year, and also quite a few stinkers. I'll take Drew's consistency.

I don't know if Timme is going to put up the numbers that he did last season with the #1 recruit in the 2021 class coming in, plus a superior backup group of bigs backing him up on next year's starting frontcourt. One of the things about last year's team is that Timme was THE only featured player in the frontcourt. Now he must share it with Holmgren. I also expect to see an improved Watson and a very underrated Kaden Perry coming in. For me, Perry is going to be a key on next season's team. No one on the roster is quite like him. The Zags really need a highly athletic, fire breathing big man. There are other bigs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    I don't know if Timme is going to put up the numbers that he did last season with the #1 recruit in the 2021 class coming in, plus a superior backup group of bigs backing him up on next year's starting frontcourt. One of the things about last year's team is that Timme was THE only featured player in the frontcourt. Now he must share it with Holmgren. I also expect to see an improved Watson and a very underrated Kaden Perry coming in. For me, Perry is going to be a key on next season's team. No one on the roster is quite like him. The Zags really need a highly athletic, fire breathing big man. There are other bigs as well.
    What a great observation.

We also all know that decreased pts/touches won't bother Timme at all if the offense is clicking. Sometimes he was forced into that role last year and he can pull it out whenever needed, hopefully not as much.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

If there was a top 30 I would think Watson has a place for efficiency stats alone.

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    If there was a top 30 I would think Watson has a place for efficiency stats alone.
    Huh?

I'm not sure he is top 30 in WCC
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    I'm not sure he is top 30 in WCC
    Or top 10 at GU right now.

he shot 71% last year... but point taken. I stand corrected.

he shot 71% last year... but point taken. I stand corrected.
    Not a problem Hoots, fandom is good.

For players who had 12% or more possessions used, Watson was #76 last year in KenPom efficiency (one spot ahead of Nembhard with similar usage rates)

Out of all players ranked by KP in the top 100 nationally, he was #6 WCC out of 7
    #1 Kispert
    #2 Timme
    #3 Ayayi
    #4 Knell (BYU)
    #5 Barcello (BYU)
    #6 Watson
    #7 Nembard
    History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board