Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The sun comes up in Missoula

Cool The sun comes up in Missoula

Beautiful morning in Missoula. …..and Westwood. But sleepless in Seattle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I had forgot how much fun watching college football is.......until I caught UCLA beating.... LSU.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I had forgot how much fun watching college football is.......until I caught UCLA beating.... LSU.
    That was the best game of the night. My hatred for BYU basketball can only be trumped by SEC football. It will be a cold July day in Yuma before I root for any SEC team in any sport.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !

Ouch LOL.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    That was the best game of the night. My hatred for BYU basketball can only be trumped by SEC football. It will be a cold July day in Yuma before I root for any SEC team in any sport.
    I do understand this sentiment, but my daughter was born, raised and lives in Alabama, so I can't be too vehement. My niece was raised in Georgia and now lives in Tallahassee, so I kind of bite my tongue at times.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Couged it again

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    I understand.....perhaps we were separated at birth or we are simply brothers with different mothers......I feel sorry for the SEC Coaches with only a half dozen uniformed police to protect them from something.....

Seems to be a common occurrence: " It was Montana’s second victory over Washington, the last coming in 1920."

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I understand.....perhaps we were separated at birth or we are simply brothers with different mothers......I feel sorry for the SEC Coaches with only a half dozen uniformed police to protect them from something.....
    It is more a show of power than anything.

Anyone who thinks that the Gov. of Alabama is the most powerful person in the state is joking. If Nick Saben parked in the middle of Mainstreet (and he can), and came out with some purely political demand, every phone in the Gov. mansion would light up.

Coaches (even a fired one is now in the U.S. Senate) have far too much power down here. There are many genuine reasons to hate the SEC.

The entire state of Louisiana is probably a little mad, being beaten by an L.A. team in powder blue and gold. That's embarrassing. (Not really, but that's what they'll think).
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    The entire state of Louisiana is probably a little mad, being beaten by an L.A. team in powder blue and gold. That's embarrassing. (Not really, but that's what they'll think).
    It was because most of Louisiana still doesn't have power, so most people couldn't watch.
    There also was the confusion that Louisiana is LA and the other was UC-LA.
    And you live in LA (lower Alabama)

Wake me when Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State and Oklahoma are playing in January.

Never underestimate a Grizzly! Montana Griz Football defeated the #20 UW Huskies tonight in what was just the sixth FCS win over a ranked FBS opponent in FCS history. Final score: 13-7. Welcome back to Grizzly football! #GoGriz

I feel the same way about the Fuskies as some do about BYU. Never ever have understood the arrogance of the Montlake crowd and their alumni. That’s why I love it when we play them and pound the hell out of them. Anything less than a 30 point whupping leave me sad. In case you maybe wondering, I was accepted to UW, both as an undergrad and to the law school. Chose GU primarily because they had a better ROTC program. As for law school, GU was just convenient. Besides, the Army didn’t care where I went to law school. Over time, I guess I have mellowed - hell I have even hired a few Fuskie lawyers in outside firms and as in-house counsel. But I still love seeing anyone - even BYU - beat them in any sport. So ya, a real sunny day in Missoula for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Beautiful morning in Missoula. …..and Westwood. But sleepless in Seattle.
    Someone left the cake out in the rain
    I don't think that I can take it
    'Cause it took so long to bake it
    And I'll never have that recipe again
    Oh no!

My in-laws are all Griz. Fun times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1434227467510820871

I must say, this country is learning to live again.

Other than UCLA, an absolutely shameful day of football for the Pac 12. The ghost of Larry Scott will haunt the conference for a long time.

The bear shat in the Montlake woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1434227467510820871

I must say, this country is learning to live again.
    Looks to me like the country hasn't learned anything. I'm good with it though. Everyone has been informed by the sources they trust most and have chosen their own individual path. Let the chips fall where they may. It is liberating to finally not feel remorse over COVID casualties because at this point, it really is all about personal choices. Regardless, I can't help my inherent instinct for self preservation and I hope my former aquaintances might understand why I have chosen to purge direct contact with them from my life. Nothing personal. Just a selfish will to live. We probably aren't good for each other anyway and I have COVID to thank for enlightening me of it.
    I miss Mike Hart

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    My in-laws are all Griz. Fun times.
    My Dad taught there for 26 years, Mom got her degree in fine arts there and my nephew got his BA in social work (not sure of the actual degree) there (then he got his MA at Eastern Washington, so he's conflicted,,,but now lives in East Missoula).

With a grocery store the equal of any in Cali.

https://www.goodfoodstore.com/Home/

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    Looks to me like the country hasn't learned anything. I'm good with it though. Everyone has been informed by the sources they trust most and have chosen their own individual path. Let the chips fall where they may. It is liberating to finally not feel remorse over COVID casualties because at this point, it really is all about personal choices. Regardless, I can't help my inherent instinct for self preservation and I hope my former aquaintances might understand why I have chosen to purge direct contact with them from my life. Nothing personal. Just a selfish will to live. We probably aren't good for each other anyway and I have COVID to thank for enlightening me of it.
    That's really sad, Mick. I haven't lost any friends or acquaintances. I make appropriate accommodations for those that are making personal choices that are different than mine. It's really not that difficult. They do the same.

The football crowds? Pure joy. Good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    Never underestimate a Grizzly! Montana Griz Football defeated the #20 UW Huskies tonight in what was just the sixth FCS win over a ranked FBS opponent in FCS history. Final score: 13-7. Welcome back to Grizzly football! #GoGriz
    That was such a fun game. Both defenses were SO good. Very happy for the Griz...plus they got a huge chunk of change for playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    That's really sad, Mick. I haven't lost any friends or acquaintances. I make appropriate accommodations for those that are making personal choices that are different than mine. It's really not that difficult. They do the same.

The football crowds? Pure joy. Good for them.
    I worked in the nuclear industry and have studied (and taught) decontamination techniques. I've always believed that professional painters would make the easiest transition to nuclear worker because painters understand how labor intensive that post job cleanup can be. Enough to warrant expending considerable energy into their site preparation which is the most efficient means to address post work cleanup. Indeed, site preparation for painting is very similar to site preparation for nuclear work. Regardless, the best painters have the least amount of paint (contamination) in undesired places when the day is done. Truth. I learned decontamination methods using a black light. It is simply amazing how something simple like static electricity can impact particle dispersion (charged particles can even overcome considerable air flow to move in the opposite direction). Just one example of many contributing factors.

What does this have to do with our dialog?

You tell me that you make appropriate accommodations for people. I think a better term for that would be that you take qualitative risk mitigation measures (the proper professional term). They are not quantitative measures (the highest NIOSH standard) because there is no sampling or measuring. So it really boils down to a matter of trusting your "accommodation" methods.. Now consider a person that truly believes that this pandemic is nothing more than exaggerated political hype. How much should I trust that person's qualitative risk mitigation measures (in other words, "accommodations")?

In fact I don't because I thoroughly understand the science of risk mitigation for particle dispersion at least as well as any expert you can reference me to.
    Last edited by MickMick; 09-06-2021 at 05:44 AM.
    I miss Mike Hart