Thread: maybe Pac 12 football isn't as bad as we thought

Default maybe Pac 12 football isn't as bad as we thought

UCLA beat LSU last week. Oregon went into Columbus and beat #3 Ohio St. today. Colorado is leading #5 Texas A&M 7-3 heading into the 4th quarter. There have been some poor performances, but multiple big wins can't be ignored.

Wasn't watching on TV, but kept glancing at game tracker. Seems like Texas A&M had the ball and was driving for the entire 4th quarter, Colorado kept holding them off...but finally gave up a TD. CU offense must've been 3 and out every time they touched it. Too bad. Still a few minutes left.

I am dancing as I went to Oregon and really enjoy their programs .......even Mathew's Court...... I also went to Washington so if they can redeem themselves and beat Michigan....well....... that will be something...

The PAC's showing in the NCAA Tourney last year speaks for it's self....

Don't hold your breath waiting for Washington to do anything. They might not pick up a single first down today. Their offense is TERRIBLE. Can't run, can't throw, can't block, can't stop committing stupid penalties. Worst offense I can recall ever seeing on Montlake. Jimmy Lake isn't going to last very long.

Well I was wrong, UW did get a first down...on a roughing the passer penalty. Before that 3 3 and outs and punts. Less than 20 yards of total offense in Q1.

Almost dislocated my shoulder when I was patting myself on the back after Oregon's win. That was a HUGE win for the much maligned P12. Anyways, watching Greg do the WSU game and he's totally solid with Lincoln Kennedy. So the question is, why does Greg act like a clown when he calls a Zag game?
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    Almost dislocated my shoulder when I was patting myself on the back after Oregon's win. That was a HUGE win for the much maligned P12. Anyways, watching Greg do the WSU game and he's totally solid with Lincoln Kennedy. So the question is, why does Greg act like a clown when he calls a Zag game?
    Because he can get away with it?

Yeah I've occasionally caught him calling baseball, women's hoops, maybe something else for WSU. And he's always been professional.

Well, Pac 12 living down to their reputation in the night caps. Arizona getting smoked by San Diego St. Arizona St. trailing UNLV. Utah might see a 9 game winning streak against BYU get snapped. At least Oregon St. has jumped on Hawaii early.

USC just canned their football coach, so the P12 is as bad as we thought it was. If not for the Oregon Ducks, the whole conference would be the laughingstock of the West Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    USC just canned their football coach, so the P12 is as bad as we thought it was. If not for the Oregon Ducks, the whole conference would be the laughingstock of the West Coast.
    You're ignoring UCLA smacking LSU and Colorado taking Texas A&M down to the wire.

Huskies finally found some offense and a team they can beat, whooping Arkansas St. Not a powerhouse, but gotta be considered a better opponent than Montana.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Huskies finally found some offense and a team they can beat, whooping Arkansas St. Not a powerhouse, but gotta be considered a better opponent than Montana.
    Why are you assuming a better opponent than the Griz? Montana beat them. Head to head should be the first criteria.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Minnesota 30
    Colorado 0

No. Arizona 21
    Arizona 19

Utah 31
    San Diego St. 33

ASU 17
    BYU 27

Fresno St. 40
    UCLA 37
    But we don't play nobody.

The Pac-12 just can't get out of its own way. Once the rankings come out tomorrow I expect to see mass turnover.

Yeah, yesterday was a miserable day for the Pac. Never mind, I guess they are as bad as we thought.

And Ohio St. needing 2 late touchdowns to pull away from Tulsa didn't exactly improve the quality of Oregon's win over the Buckeyes.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Minnesota 30
    Colorado 0

No. Arizona 21
    Arizona 19

Utah 31
    San Diego St. 33

ASU 17
    BYU 27

Fresno St. 40
    UCLA 37
    Northern Arizona was winless with two blowout losses against FCS competition before they played Arizona. I wonder how much U of A paid the Lumberjacks for that upset.
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    Northern Arizona was winless with two blowout losses against FCS competition before they played Arizona. I wonder how much U of A paid the Lumberjacks for that upset.
    Do you think it was more than UW paid the Griz?
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Now they are playing each other, so hard to tell what any of it means. UW tried to choke away a 2 TD lead but managed to beat Cal in OT.

Oregon has their hands full w/ what has been an absolutely awful Arizona team so far.

Oregon St. is beating the stuffing out of USC at The Coliseum. They've beaten them several times in Corvallis, but haven't won a game against the Trojans in LA since the 60's!

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Oregon St. is beating the stuffing out of USC at The Coliseum. They've beaten them several times in Corvallis, but haven't won a game against the Trojans in LA since the 60's!
    I was a mere toddler when OSU last won in LA. USC is a hot mess right now and if Kedon Slovis has a brain (which I think he does) he will transfer out of there sooner rather than later.

Oregon had risen to #3 in the polls. Trailed Stanford early, but dominated the 2nd half and were about to win 24-17. There was a penalty on the last play of the game, so there was an extra untimed down. The 'Furd got the TD to force OT, then won it 31-24. That will pretty much end any Pac 12 team having any hopes of being in the playoff hunt.

Huskies scored first at Corvallis, but OSU defense has been forcing TOs and they are running the ball at will. 14-7 OSU and they have the ball back with good filed position, about halfway thru Q2.

Oops, never mind. Both QBs have launched just horrible ducks down the middle of the field that got picked off. UW has it back now at midfield.

Weird game. Some big momentum swings back and forth. OSU kicks a FG as time expires to win 27-74. Took lone possession of first place in the North Division.

So one week after getting their first win at the LA Coliseum since 1960, they snap a 9 game losing streak to UW.

Arizona St. is stomping UCLA. I have absolutely no clue who the best team in the conference is.