Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: One Thing I Don't Get RE: Re-alignment & the Big East

Quote Originally Posted by Once and Future Zag View Post
    Aside from an actual football program, GU would have to change its entire academic profile to be one of a research university.
    To some extent, GU has already been doing that. When I was there 20 years ago, faculty research was not very emphasized and was mainly a summer pursuit. When my wife interviewed and was offered a faculty position four years ago, the research expectations were much higher.

Quote Originally Posted by krozman View Post
    so we bulldoze 4 more blocks of the Logan Neighborhood and get it done. The fact that it's a 500 million dollar money problem is far easier than "finding the right fit" in an era where conference realignment is ever changing. Yes I realize I'm also still being very naďve but in my brain I can solve money problems far easier than what you guys keep going on about.
    Boise St has 50 years of NCAA football and have been Div 1-A for 25 years and can’t get a sniff from the Pac12, didn’t even make the Big12 cut.

Coaches who show any sign of promise are snatched up by Power 5 schools. P5 football is a very tough club to buy your way in to. They offer money, recruits, and championships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Just tell me how many billions I have to donate to make it happen people. I can't be bothered with the details.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

Quote Originally Posted by krozman View Post
    Just tell me how many billions I have to donate to make it happen people. I can't be bothered with the details.
    All of them.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

So...I know this is about the Zags moving to the BE, but is there any truth to the rumor that Gonzaga is just playing with them because the end game is for the Zags to join the NBA, replacing the Sonics, and still playing their home games on campus?
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    So...I know this is about the Zags moving to the BE, but is there any truth to the rumor that Gonzaga is just playing with them because the end game is for the Zags to join the NBA, replacing the Sonics, and still playing their home games on campus?
    That makes a lot more sense....

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Not sure this would work, unless we are allowed more scholarships to offer...think we would need at least 15 full rides...We would also require a "farm team," do you think WSU could be our G-League affiliate?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Not sure this would work, unless we are allowed more scholarships to offer...think we would need at least 15 full rides...We would also require a "farm team," do you think WSU could be our G-League affiliate?
    How about Boise? Not much further and there is a tie to the coaching style already there.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    All of them.
    Sold! Although......there may be a few decimal points in front of my billions.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003