• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Malastein
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by upan8th View Post
    Steve Nash? Gotta like your enthusiasm, but if Steve ever played euroball, you really think he'd have taken a pay cut to take his game to The League? That's what KP is doing. One of the Cav's guards is going to have to get injured in order for Kevin to get meaningful minutes.
    I’m not predicting he’ll be Steve Nash level, but it took Steve Nash 4-5 years to really emerge as a top point guard. Then he played well into his late 30s. I wonder if Pangos might end up on a similar path. He certainly looks vastly improved from his college days.
    The only hope we have for a better future is to come together and do everything we possibly can in order to achieve a sustainable existence. Everything else is folly of a broken foundation.

Comment

• upan8th
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Malastein View Post
      I’m not predicting he’ll be Steve Nash level, but it took Steve Nash 4-5 years to really emerge as a top point guard. Then he played well into his late 30s. I wonder if Pangos might end up on a similar path. He certainly looks vastly improved from his college days.
      No disputing that. Hoping for all the best. Worst scenario: KP takes the money & returns to Europe next year doubling, tripling the Cav's offer.

Comment

• Mojo13
        Professional Zag Fan
        • Nov 2012

Originally posted by upan8th View Post
        Steve Nash? Gotta like your enthusiasm, but if Steve ever played euroball, you really think he'd have taken a pay cut to take his game to The League? That's what KP is doing. One of the Cav's guards is going to have to get injured in order for Kevin to get meaningful minutes.

Steve Nash is a little aggressive - but Pangos definitely emulated Nash and has worked in many aspects of his game. Watch these highlights if you are skeptical:
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I am a little surprised he turned down what was an NBA equivalent to a 2 yr, $4M per year fully guaranteed deal from CSKA to chase the NBA. I thought KP was different and fine being a bigger fish and a smaller pond. He really took a big pay cut here.

But I do see a path to back up minutes in Cleveland. Rubio looks like a very short term solution with a very trade friendly expiring contract. I highly doubt he lasts beyond the trade dead line and perhaps is gone well before. Colin Sexton isn't much a PG and likely plays more SG for the Cavs with Garland the primary PG.

Pangos can play some SG to which could get him a few more minutes, but it looks like he was signed to take over back up PG duties from Rubio when he is moved.

Comment

• OZZY
          Zag for Life
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Mojo13 View Post
          Steve Nash is a little aggressive - but Pangos definitely emulated Nash and has worked in many aspects of his game. Watch these highlights if you are skeptical:
          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I am a little surprised he turned down what was an NBA equivalent to a 2 yr, $4M per year fully guaranteed deal from CSKA to chase the NBA. I thought KP was different and fine being a bigger fish and a smaller pond. He really took a big pay cut here.

But I do see a path to back up minutes in Cleveland. Rubio looks like a very short term solution with a very trade friendly expiring contract. I highly doubt he lasts beyond the trade dead line and perhaps is gone well before. Colin Sexton isn't much a PG and likely plays more SG for the Cavs with Garland the primary PG.

Pangos can play some SG to which could get him a few more minutes, but it looks like he was signed to take over back up PG duties from Rubio when he is moved.
          I see Kevin backing his abilities to prove himself at this level, the first year will be getting up to speed with Cleveland's offence and defensive systems and then making inroads the second year.

Coaches love Kevin's basketball IQ and his ability to run a team.

If he pulls it off he will attract a much bigger payday than he would have in Europe.

Worst case scenario, he would have plenty of suitors back in Euroleague.

Comment

• kitzbuel
            • Feb 2007

I wonder what jersey number he will get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
            - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• bartruff1
              Zag for Life
              • Jan 2010

I don't think he can defend in the NBA.....and I hope I am wrong.....

Comment

• willandi
                Zag for Life
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
                I don't think he can defend in the NBA.....and I hope I am wrong.....
                20 ppg and 10 assists and who cares.
                Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• bartruff1
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by willandi View Post
                  20 ppg and 10 assists and who cares.
                  In that case, probably no one....not even Stockton did that...but Stockton was one of the best defenders and one of dirtiest players in the league....

Comment

• Zagdawg
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Chris Fedor
                    @ChrisFedor
                    ·
                    12h
                    #Cavs newbie Kevin Pangos won this morning's point guard shooting competition against Darius Garland and Ricky Rubio.

Comment

• OZZY
                      Zag for Life
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
                      Chris Fedor
                      @ChrisFedor
                      ·
                      12h
                      #Cavs newbie Kevin Pangos won this morning's point guard shooting competition against Darius Garland and Ricky Rubio.
                      Thats putting your best foot forward!

Go KP!

Comment

• Mojo13
                        Professional Zag Fan
                        • Nov 2012

Excellent read on Kevin Pangos' winding journey to the NBA.

Four clubs. Six years. Alone at times in a foreign country. Endless questions. Pangos started to doubt whether his dream would ever become reality.

Comment

• sittingon50
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Thanks Mojo.
                          But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• northsidezagfan
                            Zag for Life
                            • Mar 2009

DNP last night. Ricky Rubio got the minutes at backup PG

Comment

• Mojo13
                              Professional Zag Fan
                              • Nov 2012

Similar to the story I posted above but this is a video tribute with a bit of a different take. Done by a good Toronto writer on KP first game in Toronto.

Or here:

Comment

• sittingon50
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

That was great Mojo. Thanks.
                                But we don't play nobody.

Comment

Working...
                                X