Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Coach Few Cited For Drunk Driving

We made it to page 20! Tacos for everyone!

Bring back the OCC

Now that we've hit 20 pages, its time to comment.

Thanks.
    GO ZAGS!!!

On mobile it only shows 16 for me.

It’s so un-Zaglike to run up the score

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNut08 View Post
    I'm on twelve. Apparently folks aren't aware that there is an option for number of posts per page.

My first page shows post #40 at the bottom. My display only shows you guys on page 12.
    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    I am monitoring the price of a donut

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Easy!!! You'll lose your "Resident Curmudgeon" title.
    jazz could never lose his rep as a resident wit, and provocateur

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevilGolfZag View Post
    The only gold to come out of this absurd thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevilGolfZag View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZagNut08 View Post
    I'm on twelve. Apparently folks aren't aware that there is an option for number of posts per page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerzag View Post
    My first page shows post #40 at the bottom. My display only shows you guys on page 12.
    Bunch of haters!

Bring back the OCC

Didn't know that Mark. Been flailing at 25 for years. How can I increase?
    But we don't play nobody.

Sitting on 50: Top right home page click on settings, scroll down left column to general settings, scroll down to Thread Display Options, Number of posts to display per page, click on down arrow "Use Forum Default", choose posts per page

The pic of the chads wins page 20
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

The best thing about all of this is that we have a chance to hit page 20 all over again.

And we know no more at page 20 than we did one page 1. Lolol but a big discussion ensued. Privacy please! A public figure deserves privacy as much as the least of those. It’s about 6 weeks till the games begin. Promising season. Let’s make the most of it..

Quote Originally Posted by Section 116 View Post
    Sitting on 50: Top right home page click on settings, scroll down left column to general settings, scroll down to Thread Display Options, Number of posts to display per page, click on down arrow "Use Forum Default", choose posts per page
    Thanks 116. Just went from page 20 to page 13. Wonder if I'll have any deja vu moments?
    But we don't play nobody.

I will never understand why the page count ever mattered, nor why so many people invested so much in telling everyone the story was over. Said once, one's position has been made. It's actually a 12 page thread with a bunch of people complaining.

Now, just to try to inject something meaningful, I have wondered whether this is something that will be brought up by commentators (not the local ones) in every game. I suspect some Nov.-Dec. games, and that's it.

It seems as though the university would do well to announce it's final position on what it intends to do, whether nothing, a two game suspension, whatever they find best, and get it announced, out, and completed at the beginning, to get the entire thing behind us, including this thread, which will not be done until the issue is entirely resolved.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    I will never understand why the page count ever mattered, nor why so many people invested so much in telling everyone the story was over. Said once, one's position has been made. It's actually a 12 page thread with a bunch of people complaining.

Now, just to try to inject something meaningful, I have wondered whether this is something that will be brought up by commentators (not the local ones) in every game. I suspect some Nov.-Dec. games, and that's it.

It seems as though the university would do well to announce it's final position on what it intends to do, whether nothing, a two game suspension, whatever they find best, and get it announced, out, and completed at the beginning, to get the entire thing behind us, including this thread, which will not be done until the issue is entirely resolved.
    The CBB industry will feel a need to say something but expect it will be in passing and significantly diffused. Something like “off season problems that are being handled internally but he’s still a stand up guy.” Look, the industry glossed crybaby Izzo big time for much much much more serious transgressions. “And now back to the game…”

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Thanks 116. Just went from page 20 to page 13. Wonder if I'll have any deja vu moments?
    Does that mean the thread needs to keep going for another 7 pages?
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

I will never understand why the page count ever mattered, nor why so many people invested so much in telling everyone the story was over. Said once, one's position has been made.
    The funny thing is most of the complaining has been a complete straw man. There's been almost zero gossip or speculation. The first few pages were mostly just opinions and perspectives from fans, a bit of back and forth between the legal vs PR approaches to these things, followed mostly by complaints about the thread being open. The thread would have died long ago without constantly being bumped to the top with suggestions that there's no point in discussing this news. I really haven't seen anything remotely controversial based on the facts at hand, aside from one post (that I can only assume was trolling) suggesting that driving mildly impaired isn't a big deal.

24. Because there US nothing controversial or much if anything to see. This ones should have been over 15pages ago were here on 20 because I thought going for 20 would exhaust most if those who take keen ( Jazz you should love the word “keen”)interest in gossip. We now turn to the serious business of winning the league, being No 1 bumper to bumper, getting the no 1 seed and winning a title . Undefeated? I do hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    24. Because there US nothing controversial or much if anything to see. This ones should have been over 15pages ago were here on 20 because I thought going for 20 would exhaust most if those who take keen ( Jazz you should love the word “keen”)interest in gossip. We now turn to the serious business of winning the league, being No 1 bumper to bumper, getting the no 1 seed and winning a title . Undefeated? I do hope so.
    Doc, love the word “keen.” Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan24 View Post
    The funny thing is most of the complaining has been a complete straw man. There's been almost zero gossip or speculation. The first few pages were mostly just opinions and perspectives from fans, a bit of back and forth between the legal vs PR approaches to these things, followed mostly by complaints about the thread being open. The thread would have died long ago without constantly being bumped to the top with suggestions that there's no point in discussing this news. I really haven't seen anything remotely controversial based on the facts at hand, aside from one post (that I can only assume was trolling) suggesting that driving mildly impaired isn't a big deal.

Exactly
    He can move 15 ft to the left or right about as fast as my eyes can see it, his name could just as well be Hunter Hustle -ZagsGoZags 11/17/21

Dixie nonsense. Why tell us the “University would do well” to do anything outside of privacy. You tell us what it would achieve. It’s a court matter and coach’s privacy is important. Butt out! Nobody’s busily unless you have a prurient interest bordering g on perverse. The university would gain. Itching by opening this nasty can of worms.... and if u think the university would gain anything g solid, let’s hear from you on this. Speak up and I form us.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Dixie nonsense. Why tell us the “University would do well” to do anything outside of privacy. You tell us what it would achieve. It’s a court matter and coach’s privacy is important. Butt out! Nobody’s busily unless you have a prurient interest bordering g on perverse. The university would gain. Itching by opening this nasty can of worms.... and if u think the university would gain anything g solid, let’s hear from you on this. Speak up and I form us.
    Court cases are public, Abe. You can go ask the county clerk for a copy of the file, which is exactly what every media outlet is going to do if reporting on it.

Prurient interest? My interest is the same as everyone else here, the long-term benefit of GU basketball and GU.

If you are asking me what I would do? All I said is they would "do well" to announce whatever it was and do it sooner rather than later. If they decide to deal with it in-house and privately, I'd make that announcement on a Friday afternoon at 4:45 p.m. asap. Anything else, just do it sooner rather than later.

As for what I would do specifically? The first thing I would do is ask President McCulloh since his judgment is 10x more reliable than mine.

If someone put it on me, the first thing I would do is look at what the university has done with employees in similar position in the recent past or look at whether there's a school policy addressing it already. The next thing I would do is have someone survey what other d-1 schools have done with high profile coaches in the last 5 years. I would compare the two, look at the university's mission, and pick something that "fits" within and around the two. The next thing I would do is take that decision in front of the board (that part would be done in private) and ask if it offends anyone, and then announce it.

I wouldn't say a thing until I knew those 3 variables and I don't.

Anything else?

My interest is not prurient. I would like to see people stop acting like they have more authority over others to say "stop speaking," especially in threads in which we hear many new voices.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Some court cases are. Some aren’t. First Court verdicts or negotiations are not necessarily made public. But that’s not the point. Why should anyone know? How or who benefits? Nobody.
    Perverse interest types ... and to what end?? You guessed it... to satisfypervish interests. That’s about it we k ow what he did . He knows what he did as does the university. So what’s to learn?? Nothing. The end!
    Last edited by MDABE80; 10-01-2021 at 07:43 PM.