Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Coach Few Cited For Drunk Driving

Bump to page 19. Next stop 20!

Bring back the OCC

2021-22 season team practices are now officially underway yet crickets still from the university as to how this blemish on Few’s otherwise spotless record will be addressed. It’s like being stuck in a traffic jam long after the accident occurred due to rubbernecking; GU needs to bring closure to the entire incident by formally announcing consequences (or no consequences, if that’s the decision) so the wreckage can be removed and the rubbernecking cease. Eager to move on and focus on this season’s team and our hoop dreams….if only the university will let us.
    He can move 15 ft to the left or right about as fast as my eyes can see it, his name could just as well be Hunter Hustle -ZagsGoZags 11/17/21

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    2021-22 season team practices are now officially underway yet crickets still from the university as to how this blemish on Few’s otherwise spotless record will be addressed. It’s like being stuck in a traffic jam long after the accident occurred due to rubbernecking; GU needs to bring closure to the entire incident by formally announcing consequences (or no consequences, if that’s the decision) so the wreckage can be removed and the rubbernecking cease. Eager to move on and focus on this season’s team and our hoop dreams….if only the university will let us.
    Think it’s clear….Few will get his day in court.

Gonzaga Director of Athletics Chris Standiford said in a statement Tuesday that the department is "aware of the report that Coach Few was cited for suspicion of driving under the influence."
    "While the facts of the situation are still being evaluated, we understand its severity and the legal process that will follow. As a Gonzaga employee, we respect Coach Few’s right to privacy and will refrain from further comment at this time," the statement continues.

Not sure why you need instant accountability. Also, you act like this is happening to you. This has nothing to do with G-Flex.

Let Coach have his day in court. Let the University take as much time as they need. Suspending him now or not suspending him now is not going to change how hard the guys practice.
    Bring back the OCC

Goes on for months. .... no quick decision. ... sorta like this thread!

Again, posts like these are childish. GU doesn’t need to do anything because this is a civil matter that has yet to resolve itself. If and when the school does anything it will be done appropriately and perhaps even privately. I seriously doubt they will consult fans and if that bothers anyone to the point of giving up season tickets, I will bet there is a waiting list of people to take them. If you want closure look at the penalties that the NCAA hands down for coaches that cheat….how is that working out! I have read this string twice and would suggest if you feel stuck in a traffic jam, perhaps you need something more to think about.

Assuming Mark may sit a few games, is B Mike up to the job for a bit, or will it be his place? This is going to be another exciting year and more interesting than some it seems. I just watched the semi-final game with UCLA again and wow was that exciting. Suggs hits the big one to make lore for a long time to come. Ready to look forward and allow Few's situation play out as it will. Let's talk some players and ball.
    One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Quote Originally Posted by scott257 View Post
    Again, posts like these are childish. GU doesn’t need to do anything because this is a civil matter that has yet to resolve itself. If and when the school does anything it will be done appropriately and perhaps even privately. I seriously doubt they will consult fans and if that bothers anyone to the point of giving up season tickets, I will bet there is a waiting list of people to take them. If you want closure look at the penalties that the NCAA hands down for coaches that cheat….how is that working out! I have read this string twice and would suggest if you feel stuck in a traffic jam, perhaps you need something more to think about.
    Got it, Mark Few is just another full time staff employee whose getting pulled over for DUI back on Labor Day is now nobody’s business….nothing to see here etc etc. That seems the more childish take.

Gonzaga University needs to publicly state what, if any, consequences Coach Few will have (or why the university will not be formally reprimanding him in any way) so everyone can move. How anyone could think otherwise baffles me. Sooner there is closure the sooner this episode can be put in the past where it belongs.
    He can move 15 ft to the left or right about as fast as my eyes can see it, his name could just as well be Hunter Hustle -ZagsGoZags 11/17/21

Got it, Mark Few is just another full time staff employee whose getting pulled over for DUI back on Labor Day is now nobody’s business….nothing to see here etc etc. That seems the more childish take.

Gonzaga University needs to publicly state what, if any, consequences Coach Few will have (or why the university will not be formally reprimanding him in any way) so everyone can move. How anyone could think otherwise baffles me. Sooner there is closure the sooner this episode can be put in the past where it belongs.
    Yes, let’s have him do the walk of shame and then throw rotten tomatoes at him before he even has his day in court. Get a damn grip. Of course we need to presume he is guilty because police never make mistakes.

I used to work for the university. If there was a policy to report a DUI then I was unaware of it. I'm guessing that if there was then they would have waited until after I was convicted to punish me.
    Bring back the OCC

Truth be known, about 10 pages back, some pointed out the absolute need for privacy. Gossipy stuff is not welcome. Perverse curiosity isn’t either.

Two things:

First I'm sorry I ever started this thread; I checked out after the first couple of pages and I'm pretty amazed that 19 pages of posts (so far!) has resulted.

Second, this obviously hasn't hurt recruiting too much as Few & Co. reeled in Huff this weekend. Maybe a mountain is getting made out of a molehill after all?

So lets look at the Zags MBB schedule they play exhibition games on 31 Oct. and 5 Nov.

Things that could make the Gonzaga President look bad list. A. Suspending Mark for only the 2 exhibition games. B. Suspending Mark for 15 and 19 November games, thus allowing him to be their for the game against Texas.

9 Nov. Dixie State

13 Nov. Texas

15 Nov. Alcorn State

19 Nov. Bellarmine

Quote Originally Posted by ZAGS ATTACK BASKET View Post
    So lets look at the Zags MBB schedule they play exhibition games on 31 Oct. and 5 Nov.

Things that could make the Gonzaga President look bad list. A. Suspending Mark for only the 2 exhibition games. B. Suspending Mark for 15 and 19 November games, thus allowing him to be their for the game against Texas.

9 Nov. Dixie State

13 Nov. Texas

15 Nov. Alcorn State

19 Nov. Bellarmine
    How did the court case come out? What was his Blood alcohol when done with a draw rather than a breathalyzer?
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Two things:

First I'm sorry I ever started this thread; I checked out after the first couple of pages and I'm pretty amazed that 19 pages of posts (so far!) has resulted.

Second, this obviously hasn't hurt recruiting too much as Few & Co. reeled in Huff this weekend. Maybe a mountain is getting made out of a molehill after all?
    How do you know it hasn't affected recruiting much? I hope your right but we have other high profile recruits on the table that potentially cooled off. I won't pretend to know if that's because of drama or the competition. I personally feel that this has to affect recruiting in some way, maybe minimal but I'm sure it's a topic of conversation for families and recruits. Recruiting is built on trust, and Few needs to get out in front of this or that trust starts to waver. Of course this is just my opinion as I don't think nabbing one 4* recruit tells us we're out of the dog house. Time will tell.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Truth be known, about 10 pages back, some pointed out the absolute need for privacy. Gossipy stuff is not welcome. Perverse curiosity isn’t either.
    I generally agree with you, and I agree the gossip is useless. I contend, however, getting cited for suspicion of DUI is not a private matter. It happens on a public roadway and is of public concern. That's why criminal records are public, with the exceptions of things involving children.

You and I end up at the same place though, that is this massive gossip thread needs stop metastasizing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    How did the court case come out? What was his Blood alcohol when done with a draw rather than a breathalyzer?
    It isn't that I don't think a DUI is serious, because I do, but until the facts are presented to the court, all else is speculation.
    If his blood draw was below 'drunk', he might get a ticket for his driving but he might even have that dismissed. Until the charges are filed, anything else is just speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    How do you know it hasn't affected recruiting much? I hope your right but we have other high profile recruits on the table that potentially cooled off. I won't pretend to know if that's because of drama or the competition. I personally feel that this has to affect recruiting in some way, maybe minimal but I'm sure it's a topic of conversation for families and recruits. Recruiting is built on trust, and Few needs to get out in front of this or that trust starts to waver. Of course this is just my opinion as I don't think nabbing one 4* recruit tells us we're out of the dog house. Time will tell.
    I was looking at 2022 recruiting and the usual suspects are killing it from a recruiting perspective and GU isn't anywhere to be found. GU doesn't show up in the crystal ball predictions as others do, but given the success of late I expected to see GU in the mix a lot more for the top players. It may be that GU isn't interested in said players, but I didn't like what I saw.

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Ba...cruitRankings/

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I was looking at 2022 recruiting and the usual suspects are killing it from a recruiting perspective and GU isn't anywhere to be found. GU doesn't show up in the crystal ball predictions as others do, but given the success of late I expected to see GU in the mix a lot more for the top players. It may be that GU isn't interested in said players, but I didn't like what I saw.

Agree. More a function of Tommy leaving perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post

Is this an anomalous data point(s) or a trend? Too early to say.

If this is the case on next year’s class, it would very concerning. Because last year’s class was such a mammoth home run, obviously the impact of 2022 is greatly minimized.

Tommy leaving was one of the biggest blows this program has taken, the guy brought in top talent. We will have to make some big adjustments. I was hoping this F4 run would have kids lining up. Try to look at this at a player perspective, the WCC was a tough sell even when BYU was a part of it. We will see the Euro pipeline fade a bit, we made a living with a balanced roster of euro, transfers and a few top recruits every few years. My hope is that Harris and Strawther, Perry etc end up producing like a 5* player. After this year we will lose Chet, Timme, Nembhard, possibly Nolan Hickman. We need some dudes to sign.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    Tommy leaving was one of the biggest blows this program has taken, the guy brought in top talent. We will have to make some big adjustments. I was hoping this F4 run would have kids lining up. Try to look at this at a player perspective, the WCC was a tough sell even when BYU was a part of it. We will see the Euro pipeline fade a bit, we made a living with a balanced roster of euro, transfers and a few top recruits every few years. My hope is that Harris and Strawther, Perry etc end up producing like a 5* player. After this year we will lose Chet, Timme, Nembhard, possibly Nolan Hickman. We need some dudes to sign.
    We got one, Huff, and another thread a recruit states that the staff has intimated that he could play with Hickman.

The cupboard is far from bare.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    We got one, Huff, and another thread a recruit states that the staff has intimated that he could play with Hickman.

The cupboard is far from bare.
    I hope Hickman is a 2 year guy, and I'm excited about Huff. We have peices I just hope we can keep momentum and the right combination of players.
    America's Team!

Wait a minute! What are you guys talking about? One would think this was basketball forum…

Bump to page 20!
    Bring back the OCC