Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Few Cited For Drunk Driving

I like Withers, but he's not presenting anything that we didn't know or learned in the other thread about this incident. I really hope that we DON'T HAVE another thread about Few's DUI. Plenty, and enough, has already been said. IMO, this article by Withers could be put in the other thread. No need to start all over. There's wisdom in letting go. Let's let this go now...and move on. thanks

Go Zags!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

15—> going for 20!

No need to make this thread a sticky, you guys are doing a great job beating this thread to death.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    15—> going for 20!
    LOL... if you change the number of posts per page, the number goes down abe.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    I like Withers, but he's not presenting anything that we didn't know or learned in the other thread about this incident. I really hope that we DON'T HAVE another thread about Few's DUI. Plenty, and enough, has already been said. IMO, this article by Withers could be put in the other thread. No need to start all over. There's wisdom in letting go. Let's let this go now...and move on. thanks

Go Zags!
    totally agree -- Mods - close it out!!
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Quote Originally Posted by 77Zag View Post
    totally agree -- Mods - close it out!!
    We mods have discussed this thread and decided to leave it open. Closing it won’t stop discussion, it will only drive the discussion into other, unrelated topic threads.

It is easiest to keep all discussion in this one place rather than chasing down complaints about off topic posts in a dozen different threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    We mods have discussed this thread and decided to leave it open. Closing it won’t stop discussion, it will only drive the discussion into other, unrelated topic threads.

It is easiest to keep all discussion in this one place rather than chasing down complaints about off topic posts in a dozen different threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Might I suggest that the folks requesting that the thread be closed instead focus on not actually opening the thread? Just a thought. Has the dead horse been beaten... yes... you don't have to continue to watch the beating.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Love this thread so the world can see the frailty and mistake of our coach! Keep it! Love it! You should too!

Love this thread so the world can see the frailty and mistake of our coach! Keep it! Love it! You should too!
    For a guy whose made it his new ministry to chase everyone off the thread, you sure like to post on it and keep it lively.

The mods made a decision and it's one that makes sense. Now, the decision has been made and the thread can go back to a discussion about how - if at all - this impacts the season or the program generally. It is very difficult to tell at this point.

On the one hand, we're all human and we all make mistakes. On the other, this is a very significant mistake. This might be one of the very few threads anyone in the ad building or A.D. actually reads, to gauge the temperature and feel of the fanbase.

People with insight or ideas should feel welcome to comment, not discouraged, especially people that rarely post. New perspectives should be welcomed, not derided.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    For a guy whose made it his new ministry to chase everyone off the thread, you sure like to post on it and keep it lively.

The mods made a decision and it's one that makes sense. Now, the decision has been made and the thread can go back to a discussion about how - if at all - this impacts the season or the program generally. It is very difficult to tell at this point.

On the one hand, we're all human and we all make mistakes. On the other, this is a very significant mistake. This might be one of the very few threads anyone in the ad building or A.D. actually reads, to gauge the temperature and feel of the fanbase.

People with insight or ideas should feel welcome to comment, not discouraged, especially people that rarely post. New perspectives should be welcomed, not derided.
    Dixie. Keep it going so some in the AD building will read it! Lolol and what good will that do? What good will it do keep going with what will soon be 16 pages!??? Especially at our guy’s expense. Has the light come in yet?? Let’s keep picking the scab! So some imaginary person might read it!!

Dixie. Keep it going so some in the AD building will read it! Lolol and what good will that do? What good will it do keep going with what will soon be 16 pages!??? Especially at our guy’s expense. Has the light come in yet??
    Expense? He isn’t a god, he is human and is capable error. Not sure much beyond that has been said.

LiZ reread. Nothing about Mark being a God. I don’t see the odd excitement or logic in letting out coach continuing to be criticized for 16 pages. And the gets to see this damage iver and over. No reason to keep this up especially for what Dixie thinks... for some in the AD building to see it. What good does this continual reminder do? Well what good comes if this? Maybe some stone unturned we haven’t thought of yet?? After 16 pages?? Not likely. Flimsy logic allows this to continue. I’m hoping we get to 20 pages so we can see how weak some of us can be. It’s like entertainment.
    Keep going. And maybe some new form of azzwhipin our beloved coach will emerge. Without Mark GU would still be a small backwater place known for Bing Crosby. But forget that, let’s keep kickin his axx for the world can see how we treat our own heros.

LiZ reread. Nothing about Mark being a God. I don’t see the odd excitement or logic in letting out coach continuing to be criticized for 16 pages. And the gets to see this damage iver and over. No reason to keep this up especially for what Dixie thinks... for some in the AD building to see it. What good does this continual reminder do? Well what good comes if this? Maybe some stone unturned we haven’t thought of yet?? After 16 pages?? Not likely. Flimsy logic allows this to continue. I’m hoping we get to 20 pages so we can see how weak some of us can be. It’s like entertainment.
    Keep going. And maybe some new form of azzwhipin our beloved coach will emerge. Without Mark GU would still be a small backwater place known for Bing Crosby. But forget that, let’s keep kickin his axx for the world can see how we treat our own heros.
    To be fair, half of those pages are you whining about how people should just look the other way because it's private gossip with no value and 1/3 of the pages are people commenting on how you don't get to decide how this conversation goes. I'm not trying to pick a fight, but maybe just let the conversation happen without the benefit of you telling us what to think. Mark Few deserves this thread, and it will probably continue until the school year is over. Reporters are going to ask him about it. It's news. If you're trying to shout down the thread, you get the opposite result and you lose all credibility.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

Quote Originally Posted by krozman View Post
    To be fair, half of those pages are you whining about how people should just look the other way because it's private gossip with no value and 1/3 of the pages are people commenting on how you don't get to decide how this conversation goes. I'm not trying to pick a fight, but maybe just let the conversation happen without the benefit of you telling us what to think. Mark Few deserves this thread, and it will probably continue until the school year is over. Reporters are going to ask him about it. It's news. If you're trying to shout down the thread, you get the opposite result and you lose all credibility.
    No whining and you’re lying if you say I ever said “look the other way” never happy.
    And I think this thread should go to 20 pages! Deny that and prove it. I hope your logic is better in real life. Same with your facts. This said let’s give further for another 4-5 pages! I’m all for it! Ali g the way, don’t aim you light guns at me. The thread is about Few! See the title. Let’s have more facts and more criticism of him! Sounds great doesn’t it Kroz ?? Proceed! Onward to 20!!

Bump to 20!

Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Interesting breakdown on blood alcohol content and how many drinks it takes based on body weight/time

https://www.verywellmind.com/bac-and...ter-two-drinks
    One good thing coming from this thread is I can have 4 drinks an hour and still get behind the wheel of a car.
    Bring back the OCC

Or one mixed drink in many cases. So easy to over-consume with mixed beverages. Few is not a large man.

No whining and you’re lying if you say I ever said “look the other way” never happy.
    And I think this thread should go to 20 pages! Deny that and prove it. I hope your logic is better in real life. Same with your facts. This said let’s give further for another 4-5 pages! I’m all for it! Ali g the way, don’t aim you light guns at me. The thread is about Few! See the title. Let’s have more facts and more criticism of him! Sounds great doesn’t it Kroz ?? Proceed! Onward to 20!!
    Hey Doc. Love ya man, but you've jumped the shark here. You've nearly been successful in making this about you and your sycophantic devotion to Few's reputation.

Few took a hit with lots of folks here and across the country. It will take some time for some to reconcile the Few before the incident with the Few afterwards. Part of the process is discussing it. Nothing ever gets resolved by attempting to quell debate.

Most here will forgive Few and encourage him through this process. He has a lot of work to do in order to overcome the disappointment in his actions. He isn't getting any help from the administration so far as it appears they are waiting for the legal system to play out. I think that is a mistake in this particular case. I would prefer them to be more proactive, in conjunction with Few, and get out in front of the situation.

Your contention that we should all let it go is a recipe for the injury to fester. You may not think continuing the discussion is healthy, but I contend that airing it out is more conducive to healing than ignoring it.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Hey Doc. Love ya man, but you've jumped the shark here. You've nearly been successful in making this about you and your sycophantic devotion to Few's reputation.

Few took a hit with lots of folks here and across the country. It will take some time for some to reconcile the Few before the incident with the Few afterwards. Part of the process is discussing it. Nothing ever gets resolved by attempting to quell debate.

Most here will forgive Few and encourage him through this process. He has a lot of work to do in order to overcome the disappointment in his actions. He isn't getting any help from the administration so far as it appears they are waiting for the legal system to play out. I think that is a mistake in this particular case. I would prefer them to be more proactive, in conjunction with Few, and get out in front of the situation.

Your contention that we should all let it go is a recipe for the injury to fester. You may not think continuing the discussion is healthy, but I contend that airing it out is more conducive to healing than ignoring it.

This sums it up best.

Not my intention and it’s not about me. The crowd has made it about me. Go for 20 and then we’ll know more about the people who are trying to make it about me. This is about FEW and drinking. People here... the foolish ones have made it about me have forgotten the point. The maddening crowd has turned a thread that should have been terminated 10 pages ago into a big nothing. Doubt it? Tell me one things that’s new? But I still think 20’pages is the goal even if there’s nothing new to report. Gives everyone ample time to air things new and old. So 20 it is. Lololol.
    I almost forgot to that kind Markburn And LIZ for their keen inputs

One step close for man, kind of one step closer to 16!
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

I think the easy thing to do is not push for a thread to be closed when it is not offensive and talks about a relevant topic. It should run its course naturally. What I am a bit more concerned about today is the lack of posts about our 2022 recruits. Duke is cleaning house and we are getting lost in the wind. We need a few high caliber commits in the next two months! Is this a temporary repercussion of losing Tommy or not trying to upset current athletes on the roster?

I know one thing, Doc ain’t no Few sycophant. Out.